• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT3| This thread is incompatible with all of your devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try signing out of Google+, then reboot and sign back in. I had the same issue a few weeks ago and that SEEMED to fix it for me. Make sure all apps are up to date as well, and maybe adjust the wifi advanced settings.
Thanks for the suggestion, but I disabled google+ as soon as I got my tablet. Don't think it would be causing any issues in its current state.

Do people you text in Hangouts using SMS not have photos unless they link like an email or something to their account? I added a picture of a friend to his contact profile hoping it would show up when we would SMS each other, but it doesnt.

edit: I guess it just needed to load or something.

Groof

U-VnsxxBt1KjrA5pYIJCMzZUHokGh-57vrnhzxjqrw4

Welp

Fjolle

https://photos-2.dropbox.com/t/0/AAAoxdLwTFO6q_snK-sQTSO0cH4ucE-ICfVNscrkZIXpOg/12/32011404/png/1024x768/3/1393840800/0/2/14%20-%201.png/U-VnsxxBt1KjrA5pYIJCMzZUHokGh-57vrnhzxjqrw4[img]

Welp[/QUOTE]

Heh. People are getting fired for our leaks.

So it looks like the source of my troubles was the most recent Skype update. I've never opened the app before, only downloaded and updated it via the play store. Uninstalling it caused my tablet to idle normally.

So confused.

markot

Banned
BhvcTgFCQAA2cYi.png

Retailer listings for the device listed availability in sizes of 11.6 and 13.3 inches. The 11.6-inch version was said to feature an Exynos 5 SoC, 4 GB of RAM and a 16 GB SSD, while the 13.3-inch model will likely feature Intel hardware. The base variant of the new Chromebook is set to cost $299.

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
So it looks like the source of my troubles was the most recent Skype update. I've never opened the app before, only downloaded and updated it via the play store. Uninstalling it caused my tablet to idle normally.

So confused.

It's confusing, isn't it? Microsoft buys Skype, Skype on Android and Linux becomes a liability rather than a useful tool, degrading the overall feel of your (non-MS) operating system. Evil at work, or just stupidity? You choose.

But if you chose 'evil' rather than 'stupidity' you were wrong.

It's confusing, isn't it? Microsoft buys Skype, Skype on Android and Linux becomes a liability rather than a useful tool, degrading the overall feel of your (non-MS) operating system. Evil at work, or just stupidity? You choose.

But if you chose 'evil' rather than 'stupidity' you were wrong.
This would be an amusing way to combat Linux users, but my surprise was more towards the fact that an app was doing something in the background when I've literally never opened it before, unless a friend clicked on the icon at some point the past few months.

Edit: it looks like people on XDA with the same problem came to a similar conclusion.

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
There is more benefit for MS to have Skype work well on all platforms.

Absolutely. So why it's taken a massive nosedive in quality and usability - to the point that the company I work for has switched over to Google Hangouts for a lot of things - since they bought it is a mystery to me.

Absolutely. So why it's taken a massive nosedive in quality and usability - to the point that the company I work for has switched over to Google Hangouts for a lot of things - since they bought it is a mystery to me.

Microsoft gonna Microsoft.

The company is better at defeating itself than competitors could ever dream. Just look at the Xbone. MS basically handed Sony this console gen on a silver platter.

How do I add artist pictures to Google Music? and also, why the fuck do I have to add some of these myself. haha. I would have thought GOOGLE could find me something :p

3phemeral

How do I add artist pictures to Google Music? and also, why the fuck do I have to add some of these myself. haha. I would have thought GOOGLE could find me something :p

You can do it manually from the web interface. There should be an option to upload album art when you view either album or individual tracks. I find it's much easier doing it using a deicated program if you have the music already on your drive. But if all your stuff is in the cloud, then I guess Google Music's web interface will have to do.

You can do it manually from the web interface. There should be an option to upload album art when you view either album or individual tracks. I find it's much easier doing it using a deicated program if you have the music already on your drive. But if all your stuff is in the cloud, then I guess Google Music's web interface will have to do.

Its not the album art though, its the Artist art. the 2:1 image.

Talon

Such is the Microsoft way.

Skype is unbearable to me, and we have to use it for work. :|

jey_16

Banned
What is this mm a camera daemon shit? It's destroying my note 3's battery life and no one has any idea as to what app is causing it

popeutlal

So it seems unless you were already rooted with jellybean, kitkat is unrootable on Moto X and Droid devices.

Shame, I have the Droid Maxx coming today, hope it's not loaded with the latest version.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
sorry if this has been asked a lot, but is there a general consensus on which tablet is best between the current nexus 7, and the kindle fire HD and newer HDX (7")?

Looking for something that can just bum around the coffee table for handy internet, but also for media playback and control - so eg XBMC, plex, DLNA app, sideview app for my TV etc

this_guy

sorry if this has been asked a lot, but is there a general consensus on which tablet is best between the current nexus 7, and the kindle fire HD and newer HDX (7")?

Looking for something that can just bum around the coffee table for handy internet, but also for media playback and control - so eg XBMC, plex, DLNA app, sideview app for my TV etc

I have the Kindle Fire HDX, and also had the 2nd generation Nexus 7. I prefer the Kindle Fire HDX but that's because I value being Amazon's Prime instant streaming as well as the ability to download prime movies. Both are great for web browsing and Facebook.

Hisense Sero 7 Pro

Anyone else using the Better WEather widget with Dash Clock? Its crushing my battery all of a sudden. I was wondering why everyday at 2 o'clock at work my battery was almost dead. I'm looking at the usage and its at the top at 23% O_O

3phemeral

Its not the album art though, its the Artist art. the 2:1 image.

Oh, I don't think you can. Google Music will usually select between a compilation of Album Art images for that artist, but I noticed that it'll either use their own artist image or sometimes will use mine. But it's not consistent. The artist banner up top when you're listening to a playlist is even worse, though.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook

Nexus 7

Is there any official word on a Nexus-branded 8-incher? I love my N10 but I wouldn't mind something a bit lighter with more battery life that will still let me read comics comfortably. I tried out an N7 briefly the other day but the screen feels too cramped.

DonMigs85

Is there any official word on a Nexus-branded 8-incher? I love my N10 but I wouldn't mind something a bit lighter with more battery life that will still let me read comics comfortably. I tried out an N7 briefly the other day but the screen feels too cramped.

Rumor has it a Nexus 8 may come out in July or August.

is the G2 still the best phone out, my work contract is finally up theyre offering me a bunch of samsungs and blackberries (note 3 is excluded) and the lg was at the bottom of the list

is the G2 still the best phone out, my work contract is finally up theyre offering me a bunch of samsungs and blackberries (note 3 is excluded) and the lg was at the bottom of the list

In the US? Its top 3 for sure. It beats every phone out there for battery life outside of the Droid Razr Maxx HD. Great screen. The plastuc might not be your forte though. It's got a unibody design though so it feels better than a GS4. Without knowing your other options I can't advise what to pick though.

Also is it for work? If it is, maybe a BB Q10 might be a good idea for the physical keyboard.

In the US? Its top 3 for sure. It beats every phone out there for battery life outside of the Droid Razr Maxx HD. Great screen. The plastuc might not be your forte though. It's got a unibody design though so it feels better than a GS4. Without knowing your other options I can't advise what to pick though.

Also is it for work? If it is, maybe a BB Q10 might be a good idea for the physical keyboard.

Im kinda burnt out on blackberry since I support our other users here at the office who use them

abracadaver

Is it normal that I sometimes get an ad popup on neogaf ?

qqbkrzx8.png

It says: A girl wants to chat with you. Press ok to start the chat now

Is my phone infected ?

Groof

Is it normal that I sometimes get an ad popup on neogaf ?

qqbkrzx8.png

It says: A girl wants to chat with you. Press ok to start the chat now

Is my phone infected ?
I got similar popups just a second ago. Probably some ad that has gone haywire. Should report it.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Except 10 seems to be abandoned. Where's my Nexus 10 refresh, Google?

I've said it more than once but the Nexus 10 is not getting a regular, yearly refresh. Hopefully a new one is released at IO with a 4:3 ratio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom