• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT3| This thread is incompatible with all of your devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilflare

3WmPS9P.png

The buttons in the Instagram update seem to be really low res. Not sure if this is intended

where did you get that?

very bummed...
lost my LINE chat history with my update to 4.4.2 on my Note 3
is it me or does QuickOffice no longer connect to Google Drive?

and on 4.4.2, DashClock no longer allows a setting icon in the launcher ><

Cipherr

That was quick. Quiz up updated to support ART.

Bboy AJ validated. I still think its shitty that developers have to design to it. Google should get off their ass and fix it so that it works with everything, not the other way around. Lazy bastards.

Bboy AJ validated. I still think its shitty that developers have to design to it. Google should get off their ass and fix it so that it works with everything, not the other way around. Lazy bastards.

Uh, what are you talking about? ART isn't even the official runtime yet, they just made it available for people to use if they'd like to try it out. Its still being worked on.

wilflare

man. having a string of issues with my Note3's upgrade to KitKat

(1) Titanium Backup
I am trying to restore a System App (Google Drive) but TiB seems to be stuck at Restoring App...
It works once I restart though - like the app gets magically restored.
What am I supposed to do?

(2) Google Drive + QuickOffice
I remember being able to access Google Drive from QuickOffice without having Google Drive installed. Seems like this is no longer the case - anyone knows why or when it happened?

(3) QuickOffice
Cannot create folder - constantly getting the "Failed to Create Folder" error..

(4) Roboto Condensed Font
installed the apk... but the font does not seem to apply to all apps and system settings...

any ideas?

XBP

The wait for these new smartphones is getting quite frustrating tbh. Would getting a motog for streaming music + basic usage be stupid at this point? Does anyone know how is the audio output of the motog for music via headphones?

By the looks of it, most new smartphones wont end up in NA until May (minus the s5). Plus LG and moto's next flagships haven't even been announced yet.

(1) Titanium Backup
I am trying to restore a System App (Google Drive) but TiB seems to be stuck at Restoring App...

I remember being able to access Google Drive from QuickOffice without having Google Drive installed. Seems like this is no longer the case - anyone knows why or when it happened?

(3) QuickOffice

installed the apk... but the font does not seem to apply to all apps and system settings...

any ideas?

Factory reset is a no brainer after an os update

Salsa

Bit less than $100 to change the glass of my screen (separating it with heat from the digitizer and putting it back on with the glue). It shattered pretty bad so I hope it doesnt matter in the removal process.

gonna head there tomorrow and leave the phone for 24hs. wish me luck :( really short on cash right now so I cant afford anything else

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I'm a very demanding person but I'm always right. Now who wants to play!

Uh, what are you talking about? ART isn't even the official runtime yet, they just made it available for people to use if they'd like to try it out. Its still being worked on.

You guys agree.

(1) Titanium Backup

(3) QuickOffice

any ideas?

(1) don't restore system apps, especially Google apps.

(2) dunno

(3) dunno

(4) some apps call for specific fonts

Rootbeer

Banned
Problems with my Nexus 5, wondering if anyone has advice?

Slow Wi-Fi. Text seems to load fine, but images take a long time to load. Best way I've found to test it is opening Instagram or Google Play Store and browsing apps (the icons take 5-10 secs to load instead of nearly instantly) At home it's great (diff router though), at work it's not. I tried changing the wi-fi channels and i'm getting the same behavior. If I disable wifi and use LTE, everything is awesome.

There is a Galaxy S4 on the same network and it exhibits the same issue. I'm literally 10 feet from the router and the devices are reporting great reception.

The Router is an Airport Extreme from 2012. There are only two other devices using this router: my Late 2013 Retina MBP (wifi) and a desktop (wired). Both work perfect.

wilflare

(1) don't restore system apps, especially Google apps.

(2) dunno

(3) dunno

(4) some apps call for specific fonts

thanks.. guess I'll just install Drive from Google Store then :/

QuickOffice still giving me problems though..
Under Open, Google Drive does not appear
and I cannot create folders via QuickOffice

I made so many backups on TiB - I lost track of what are some of the really old files that can be deleted - is there a way to manage it?
Some apks backed up from 4.3 still exist on my extSD... just not sure which are safe to delete (on 4.4.2 now)

any folks using
evolveSMS
Talon Twitter?

are they worth switching to?

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
Don't know whether anyone out there is interested in the version of football played with spherical balls ('soccer' to our American brethren), but the app I've been working on for a while finally has an Android launch: Yakatak Soccer. Let me know what you think. Obviously this is the first release so there may be some rough edges - already a host of improvements in the development version that will make it into future updates.

Moments hunter

Neo Member
Don't know whether anyone out there is interested in the version of football played with spherical balls ('soccer' to our American brethren), but the app I've been working on for a while finally has an Android launch: Yakatak Soccer. Let me know what you think. Obviously this is the first release so there may be some rough edges - already a host of improvements in the development version that will make it into future updates.

Is it only for Premiere League? I can see news for other leagues, but I am unable to change it to any other.

Thank you.

P.S. Looks like very nice app. Will use daily!

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
Is it only for Premiere League?

We cover one or two other leagues (over 400 leagues/tournaments) though the level of cover varies from league to league depending on the quality of feed we've got for each league. Click on the drop-down in the action bar at the top and you can select the team/tournament.

wilflare

decided to give EvolveSMS a try... man loving it thus far!

thinking of replacing my default Contacts app on Note3
Is Contacts+ the best one?

MattDoza

any folks using
evolveSMS
Talon Twitter?

are they worth switching to?

Checked out evolve and went back to hangouts shortly after trying it. I like, and prefer hangouts.

Switched to Talon from Falcon and haven't looked back. It's well supported and was just updated to 2.0. I just hope it doesn't suffer the same fate as Falcon did too soon.

wilflare

Anyone using QuickOffice 6.3.1.041 on their 4.4.2 Note3 and having the following issues?
(1) Cannot create folder under Downloads
(2) Google Drive sometimes does not appear

yyzjohn

Banned
Finally using the official twitter client for android. Seems like they've improved it quite a bit since the last time I tried it.

Upgrade time, got myself a Moto X. The touchless control/active display seemed too much like a fun toy to turn down. Aaah, it's nice to be stock.

Upgrade time, got myself a Moto X. The touchless control/active display seemed too much like a fun toy to turn down. Aaah, it's nice to be stock.

Congrats. Its a great phone.

I actually just shattered mine and moto let me remake one for free. Talk about amazing customer service.

I started noticing some slight ghosting or burn in of the chrome browser refresh arrow on my nexus 4. I'm starting to hate this phone. Kitkat made it slower. I did have to get it RMA'd once for battery issues and this second one is less than 4 months old. It hasn't been a terrible phone but I'm never buying an LG again regardless. Problem is I am never buying a contract phone again and have been spoiled by nexus pricing.

So who's dick at Google do I have to blow to get them to ditch LG for someone else?

Groof

I started noticing some slight ghosting or burn in of the chrome browser refresh arrow on my nexus 4. I'm starting to hate this phone. Kitkat made it slower. I did have to get it RMA'd once for battery issues and this second one is less than 4 months old. It hasn't been a terrible phone but I'm never buying an LG again regardless. Problem is I am never buying a contract phone again and have been spoiled by nexus pricing.

So who's dick at Google do I have to blow to get them to ditch LG for someone else?
The shoddy quality hardware is more due to Google having to cut back on them for the subsidised pricing, it hasn't really much to do with LG. Either way, the screen retention on the Nexus 4's screen is quite remarkable, and this far in with one I've gotten to a point where if my brightness is above 60% the tiniest image gets stuck for a couple of seconds.

The Nexus 5 seems to at least have improved greatly on things like that however, and truth be told, I would not say no to another LG Nexus.

Decided to sell my Note 3 and buy me a nice unlocked Nexus 5. Couldn't feel better about the decision. The Note 3 is a godly phone, but not for me. Touchwiz never grew on me, bloatware from AT&T and Samsung out the ass, and I don't care if you have Shaq hands, that phone is made for two hand use.

Nicktendo86

Yeah it is image retention due to the IPS display, I notice the status bar/battery/signal icons in mine but if I display something else it fades eventually. Thing I am most disappointed about on my n4 is light bleed at the top of the screen and the lack of screen gamma calibration, although I have fixed the latter with cyanogenmod.

wilflare

does anyone use Holo Steam?
any idea how it is different from the one in the Holofication Nation version?

and... anyone using those Blacked out apps? - thinking of trying one out for WhatsApp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom