• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT3| This thread is incompatible with all of your devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kehs

Banned
somehow my phone dropped out of my pocket this morning and I got a call from my apartment that they found it.

I was thinking... if I had one of those 4 digit pins on my phone, there wouldn't have been a way for them to know who's phone it was??

There's a section under security for owner info, where you can put a message that you see on the lock screen.

I have my work number and alternate email address up there just in case.

somehow my phone dropped out of my pocket this morning and I got a call from my apartment that they found it.

I was thinking... if I had one of those 4 digit pins on my phone, there wouldn't have been a way for them to know who's phone it was??
most phones let you call emergency contacts even when locked.

Where can I find a run down on all the little icons that show up beside peoples pictures in Google Hangouts. Like the '...' Means they are typing, but I've seen some other ones that confused me.

edit: Found the info in settings!

Groof

ZvHlT.gif

That was pretty funny.

Avixph

Guys here are the Prices for the Galaxy S5 from T-mobile, AT&T, and U.S. Cellular which would go on sale in the U.S. on April 11:

All three carriers seem to only be offering the phones in Charcoal Black and Shimmery White.

Guys here are the Prices for the Galaxy S5 from T-mobile, AT&T, and U.S. Cellular which would go on sale in the U.S. on April 11:

All three carriers seem to only be offering the phones in Charcoal Black and Shimmery White.

I think your ATT pricing is off.

SSGMUN10000

Connoisseur Of Tedium
Anyone interested in buying a T-Mobile Samsung S4? I have one for sale. Its in pretty good condition will provide pictures to anyone interested.

ok, so I swapped out that HTC Max One for the Note 3. So far seems worth every penny. Jumped ship from iOS. Does GAF have a "best of android" list for apps and games or something like that? OT is....sparse.

MarkusRJR

Does Google Now drain battery life? My phone and tablet have pretty average battery life for android devices (bad compared to my prior tablet and phone), but I heard Google Now drains battery life really bad. The Google app won't function well until I set it up (constantly sends me to Google Now set up upon opening, and cancels out any searches from within other apps) but I don't want worse battery life.

Cipherr

Does Google Now drain battery life? My phone and tablet have pretty average battery life for android devices (bad compared to my prior tablet and phone), but I heard Google Now drains battery life really bad. The Google app won't function well until I set it up (constantly sends me to Google Now set up upon opening, and cancels out any searches from within other apps) but I don't want worse battery life.

I have seen people say this, but have never found this to be the case since they fixed location services from draining battery. Try it off and on for a week each and test it yourself, but I have no battery issues since they fixed location services.

So frustrated with Google Maps on my phone recently. Ever since my Note 2 updated to 4.3 it hasn't been saying street names for voice navigation, all it does is say Turn Left/Right. It DOES do it with Wifi on, but that's useless when I'm driving. It's been doing this for a long time, but I've only started noticing how bad it is ever since I've been relying on voice directions more often lately.

I've tried every option I've found online that helped others, but nothing has worked. I think the issue may be with my default system language being set to English instead of English (United States), but English is the only system level language option and apps that will change that for you no longer work because 4.3 screwed over apps making those kinds of changes.

Outside of rooting or restoring my phone to its previous version (4.1 I think), is there anyway I can get Google Maps to speak out street names over network again?

Jintor

Does anyone use Swype + Dragon? Fucking thing lags like crazy nowadays. I have to clear the cache to get it anywhere near usable. What's the point of even using swype if my entry speed is so damn slow? Anyone got hot tips? Maybe I should just reinstall it.

3phemeral

Does anyone use Swype + Dragon? Fucking thing lags like crazy nowadays. I have to clear the cache to get it anywhere near usable. What's the point of even using swype if my entry speed is so damn slow? Anyone got hot tips? Maybe I should just reinstall it.

Same for me and SwiftKey, although I haven't tried it on my Moto X since my GNex couldn't handle it without severe lag. I resorted to using Google Keyboard. I'll try swiftkey again and see if I get any lag again.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I barely got it yesterday, but haven't noticed any lag yet. Will report after one week of use. I'm really liking it so far. I'm a SwiftKey man, but this keyboard ain't half bad so far. Definitely way better than the crappy (imo) Google Keyboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom