• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT3| This thread is incompatible with all of your devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

YaGaMi

Got my new M8 setup the way I like it. Looks like there's still no way to use Nova and get Blinkfeed which is a bit of a shame.

Not really getting the people complaining about the LED light. It's significantly easier to see than on my old M7.

Wow how did you get that setup?

CronoShot

Got the M8 yesterday (thank you T-Mobile Jump). This thing is wicked fast. Even my Nexus 5 doesn't seem nearly as zippy. Only downside so far is the battery life. Doesn't seem that much better (if better at all) than my Nexus 5. Other than that, this is basically my dream phone.

Hmmm my M8 seems to have a green hue to the screen. Anyone else getting this?

Like the whites look greenish?

Avixph

Who wants some hot, hot G3 pic action:

gsmarena_001.jpg

gsmarena_002.jpg

gsmarena_003.jpg

http://www.gsmarena.com/exclusive_lg_g3_screens_show_new_optimus_ui_qhd_resolution-news-8343.php

yes, it looks like the S5. sigh
Wow it looks really nice and I like how flat the design is. However the only thing don't like about it is the Qslide Apps section in the notification.

terrier

Got my new M8 setup the way I like it. Looks like there's still no way to use Nova and get Blinkfeed which is a bit of a shame.

Not really getting the people complaining about the LED light. It's significantly easier to see than on my old M7.

this home screen looks really nice. Which weather widget is that? Nova launcher?

leng jai

Wow how did you get that setup?

I already changed it since but:

Launcher: Nova
Icons: Tiny White Icon Pack
Background: Custom pic with Muzei
Time & Battery: Minimalistic Text
Calendar: Zooper
Weather Widget: Eye In the Sky

Got the M8 yesterday (thank you T-Mobile Jump). This thing is wicked fast. Even my Nexus 5 doesn't seem nearly as zippy. Only downside so far is the battery life. Doesn't seem that much better (if better at all) than my Nexus 5. Other than that, this is basically my dream phone.

Like the whites look greenish?

The blacks actually. It looked particularly bad on the wallpaper I had for my M7 but maybe it's something to do with that picture since the it's been fine for other things. The M7 definitely seems to have more saturated colours though.

this home screen looks really nice. Which weather widget is that? Nova launcher?

It's Eye In The Sky.

Anyway does anyone know if it's possible to use two separate instances of Dashclock. I want to use the clock and weather extension on my main home screen and a host of other extensions on a different screen. I can't seem to see an option that enables you to save two separate templates :(

Groof

Does the guy holding it have enormous hands or is the phone really small for having a 5.5" screen.
If you look at the comparison with the HTC One M8 you can see it's the same height but slightly wider.
Looks interesting, but the inclusion of both capacitive and on screen buttons is a bit questionable. For people who like captivities buttons the software ones can be hidden, but the same can't be said for the hardware buttons. Just because I like software buttons doesn't mean I want to have two rows of buttons, even if they're semi hidden.

The 1+1 sounds really great. I wish it ran Windows Phone.

Wait, that doesn't sound right!

It really looks like a great device and I can't wait for the reviews. This might be my next phone.

Blackhead

Redarse
If you look at the comparison with the HTC One M8 you can see it's the same height but slightly wider.
Looks interesting, but the inclusion of both capacitive and on screen buttons is a bit questionable. For people who like captivities buttons the software ones can be hidden, but the same can't be said for the hardware buttons. Just because I like software buttons doesn't mean I want to have two rows of buttons, even if they're semi hidden.

Better to use that space for optional semi-hidden capacitive buttons than for a HTC or Verizon logo

kehs

Banned
I've given up trying to guess whether you're being earnest or just kaepernidickusing.

I have one on my Moto G. Best ten bucks I've ever spent on phone stuff.

I actually have another one with the inverted usb plug cause the seller sent the wrong one. I'll send it for free to anyone who wants it.

Bread

Banned
I'm gonna be in the market for a new droid next month and I'm on verizon. Any recommendations on a <5" phone? I definitely want something top of the line, my razr maxx has been pretty great for me (coming up on 2 years with it next month).

VoxPop

I'm gonna be in the market for a new droid next month and I'm on verizon. Any recommendations on a <5" phone? I definitely want something top of the line, my razr maxx has been pretty great for me (coming up on 2 years with it next month).

iPhone 5S is the only worthwhile sub 5" device.

There is some news of the HTC One M8 Mini for Verizon though.

popeutlal

I recently got the new Droid Maxx, excellent phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom