• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT3| This thread is incompatible with all of your devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

snacknuts

we all knew her
Not much people hyped for the Moto X? I swear, it seems like it's just Gcubed and myself and we're on again, off again lol

I know it seems to be 2012 spec'd but as someone who is surprisingly happy with his Galaxy S3 (probably thanks to that 2GB of RAM), I'm more interested in the crazy sensors side of things.

And that shit better be getting fast updates.

I'm super hyped for it, but I'm not entirely sure why.

freshair

The only thing I want in the Moto X is a decent camera. I shattered the screen on my N4 and bought a SG2 for cheap and this thing has a way better camera.

So Googly plz, decent camera! Every other "mid-range" aspect of the phone is fine by me.

Not much people hyped for the Moto X? I swear, it seems like it's just Gcubed and myself and we're on again, off again lol

I know it seems to be 2012 spec'd but as someone who is surprisingly happy with his Galaxy S3 (probably thanks to that 2GB of RAM), I'm more interested in the crazy sensors side of things.

If the battery life is insane and the camera is excellent, especially in low light, I would seriously consider it at the right price.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
So rumor has it this years Kindle Fire HD refresh could have an S800 processor.

Could this end up being better than the Nexus 7 refresh?

daoster

I am SUPER hyped*

Must...get...out...of...mediocre...Galaxy...Nexus.

if battery life is super crazy good

Ephemeris

If it somehow launches at $199, I'm sure the Moto X-men will outnumber Andrex's GAF's Nexus peeps.

1369042988167.jpg

No, because it will still have Amazon's shitty forked version of Android.

True, but it couldn't hurt to wait though.

That said, I'm confident the new N7 is the way to go.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Thanks guys.

I'm the one with the Big Boss gif lol

now tell me it gets updates quickly from google and i'm in.

My G+ profile has my GAF name on it

My G+ also has my GAF name. And I am also looking forward to the MOTOx. I just hope its affordable.

thespot84

i am hyped for moto x, and then jumping on to google wireless on their fiber backbone the first day it becomes available, muahahahahahahah

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Moto X will use a nano sim card:

Moto-X-2.jpg

Moto X leaks again and again. This time is about the Nano-SIM tray of the Moto X. It was leaked earlier in an Asian country, Hong Kong. It looks like Moto X is available in different parts of the world.

The image above revealed that the Nano-SIM tray of the Moto X while the device itself was placed exactly beside the Moto X device. From the size of the SIM card, it is indeed the Moto X uses Nano-SIM card. Moto X and iPhone 5 are going to use the same Nano-SIM card. This means, those using Micro-SIM devices need to change a whole new SIM card.

Google and Motorola have their own reasons for the adoption of Nano-SIM card ahead of Micro-SIM card. This leak is a good one as it gives warning to those interested in the Moto X and get ready to change new SIM card.

At the same time, is Moto X is heading out of the United States to other continents? I have doubts on this.

http://gsminsider.com/2013/07/moto-x-nano-sim-card-tray-leaks/

It's not that big of a deal..but it's a hassle for sim swappers like myself

this_guy

No, because it will still have Amazon's shitty forked version of Android.

Until Amazon puts out an app on Android to stream their videos or watch movies you already own on Amazon, I'm still picking the Kindle Fire HD over a Nexus tablet. I'll put up with Amazon's crappy skin to be able to watch videos as that's more important to me than customizing your home screens. Was hoping for an iPad Mini retina but rumors are saying that won't come out till the spring.

gcubed

i still think that there is a better then even shot that this thing won't be cheap off contract. Nor sold on the Play Store. Which would mean gcubed waits

AndyD

aka andydumi
$50 too much for each

That's my feeling. Even $249 seems a lot for mass market. People don't much care on average about being stuck in a contract so compare a $299 X vs. a $199 S4 and people will go for the S4 because its bigger and its cheaper...

HawkeyeIC

So if the MotoX turns out to be worth it and cheap, my best move is to buy one and then renew my contract with Verizon for a S4 and sell that, correct?

RoKKeR

Cross posting from HTC One thread:

So, is there really no way for HTC One users to get a transparent notification bar? (when not using Sense) I downloaded Super Status Bar and that has a transparent option but it sort of sucks shit.

Speevy

Banned
Hey guys, I just put Cyanogenmod 10.1 on my Nook HD+.

What's the most idiot-proof way to get this thing to download apps to my external storage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom