• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT3| This thread is incompatible with all of your devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
So I managed to get S-OFF (Using Moonshine) on my HTC EVO 4G LTE, so now it's time to find a new ROM. Any suggestions? I'm really not feeling Sense anymore, so I might go with an AOSP ROM. Is CM still the best way to go or are there alternatives?

CyanogenMod or bust!

Cipherr

So, anyone here use Doubletwist? Worth it?

DoubleTwist alarm?

Hell yes dude. I use it as my alarm app. Love it to death and very worth it. I love the option to auto silence the phone 'X' hours before the alarm goes off etc. And I especially love the option to have the alarm sound itself slowly rise in volume over 40 seconds.

I hate alarms that just BLARE out of fucking nowhere and scare you into the new day. Fuck that noise. I need some elegant, comforting, reserved music like from Coming to America.

Toki767

Apparently the Google Edition S4 and HTC Ones are starting to see 4.3 now. Nice to see Samsung and HTC didn't make those people wait months.

vdlow

Apparently the Google Edition S4 and HTC Ones are starting to see 4.3 now. Nice to see Samsung and HTC didn't make those people wait months.

Nice. I hope it doesn't take too long to see a port to the international i9505. (aka I wanna flash this ROM tomorrow lol)

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
They forgot the $500 coupon to make this worth it though.

black-kid-oh-snap.gif

So are there any games out there that have implemented the cloud feature fully? All I see are leaderboards and achievements, still havent seen a popular game with cloud saves...

Groof

So are there any games out there that have implemented the cloud feature fully? All I see are leaderboards and achievements, still havent seen a popular game with cloud saves...

I think Wind-up Knight supports it, but I'm not sure. It never says on the Play Store page.

PaulLFC

Anyone else getting slow WiFi on 4.3? It was fine before the update, it's terrible afterwards. It will barely even connect to the router which it used to find every time straight away - when it does, it might not get an internet connection. If I'm lucky enough to get a connection, it'll either not load anything, or connect at such a slow speed that even Twitter doesn't work properly.

It could be the router, but my PC is also connected via wireless, in the same room as I just tested my phone, and it connects with no problems.

kaskade

I really wish CM didn't have so many weird little bugs. For example the recording volume is very low with videos. Maybe with version 10.2 it'll fix some of them. It's a shame because with Touch Wiz I'm not even on 4.2 yet.

Speevy

Banned
So I'll try this one more time.

I just put Cyanogen mod 10.1 on my Nook HD+.

Is there an easy way to make it see my external card as internal storage?

Every time I download something, it tells me that it's emulated and that I need a partition.

I don't want to screw up the device, however.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Big difference for you? Make you okay to keep your phone for a while now?

Yeah, huge difference. Only thing is that the battery drains pretty fast and it feels like it's taking longer to charge. I might get a new kernel for it, just need to look at choices.

besiktas1

New to all this. I have a custom recovery on ly Nexus 4 and just got prompted to 4.3 update.
A quick Google after my last failed attempt says I should avoid OTA update.
So what shall I do? Try the oTA again? I want 4.3.

kehs

Banned
New to all this. I have a custom recovery on ly Nexus 4 and just got prompted to 4.3 update.
A quick Google after my last failed attempt says I should avoid OTA update.
So what shall I do? Try the oTA again? I want 4.3.

The update installed for me with a custom recovery for some reason I don't understand.

You'll just have to reroot.

Cigol

My dad decided to upgrade his phone today to a Samsung Galaxy S4 and after less than an hour of tinkering I've noticed something alarming, (a) how much better stock android on my N4 is and (b) how the camera freezes and locks up the phone.

It was working fine at first but for whatever reason it just suddenly froze. It accepted touch commands to the extent it vibrated and made a sound with no visual confirmation, but I eventually had to force close the camera app every time it happened. Google Hangouts crashed it again too (presumably because it was using the camera). Any other S4 users encountered this before? I guess I'll factory reset it tomorrow morning but I don't want this happening randomly in the future - he wants to take it on holiday with him and I can imagine the phone calls if it does.

Korosenai

Something weird just happened with my phone with the haptic feedback. I like to keep my haptic feedback on, and now for some reason when I type (I use swiftkey) there is no haptic feedback. Before (just 10 minutes ago) I could feel it and it was noticeable, and as of now it doesn't do anything. Anyone know what's going on? I haven't changed any settings or anything.

besiktas1

Ok so new problem in my quest for updating.

I click update. It sends me to Team Win Recovery Project.
I go to install > cache > ebc8 blah blah .zip > swipe to confirm flash...

Error.

Failed.

Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom