• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT3| This thread is incompatible with all of your devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

reKon

Banned
I sold my Galaxy Nexus last night and I would like to reset it do that all my sd card data is wiped and the new owner can start off fresh. I'm not sure how to properly do this as I had trouble with my new Nexus 7 setting that up. I ended up in a situation where I somehow wiped all data including the actual Rom off the phone and I want to avoid that.

mackattk

I sold my Galaxy Nexus last night and I would like to reset it do that all my sd card data is wiped and the new owner can start off fresh. I'm not sure how to properly do this as I had trouble with my new Nexus 7 setting that up. I ended up in a situation where I somehow wiped all data including the actual Rom off the phone and I want to avoid that.

On my phone, all you need to do is go to settings > backup & reset > factory data reset. It should clear everything out.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I was soooo close to trying to use that 20% off coupon Office Max has last night to see if my local store had any of the new Nexus 7's in stock.

I didn't though.

Someone bought it?

Matugi

What are the chances that the customization for the Moto X is a constantly rotating thing? Like say I'm on Verizon and if/when I want to get custom plates and stuff, could I just send my phone in and get the plates replaced or what? Cus otherwise that's a pretty big slap to the face to early-adopters...

What are the chances that the customization for the Moto X is a constantly rotating thing? Like say I'm on Verizon and if/when I want to get custom plates and stuff, could I just send my phone in and get the plates replaced or what? Cus otherwise that's a pretty big slap to the face to early-adopters...

that's the point though, AT&T wants customers to switch to get custom colors. that's why they have an exclusive deal...

gcubed

it's like trying to sell a mcdouble for the same price as a double quarter pounder with cheese. and it's not that i don't like mcdoubles, but they cost like $1

a perfect comparison if i ever saw one. The Moto X looks awesome, just not $625 awesome. I was planning on paying that price (or a few dollars more) for 2.

Matugi

that's the point though, AT&T wants customers to switch to get custom colors. that's why they have an exclusive deal...

It's ridiculous though considering Verizon has, what, 80 million subscribers and infinitely better 4G coverage? Customers aren't going to switch over for one phone unless it's an iPhone.

Vanillalite

It's ridiculous though considering Verizon has, what, 80 million subscribers and infinitely better 4G coverage? Customers aren't going to switch over for one phone unless it's an iPhone.

Use to be. AT&T's average data speed is tops, and their coverage map is pretty comparable now. AT&T's current network is not the shitastic one that it was back in the early iPhone days when everyone and their mother couldn't get service even if you were in the middle of Time Square.

Vanillalite

1slj61ueqko.gif

Got the SlimBean alpha running on my N10 and it's great being back on a custom ROM. The stock factory image is way too bare-bones for my liking after using custom ROMs for so long and it didn't perform very well. Now just need Franco to update his kernel.

Also, the Anandtech podcast confirmed that the next release of Android is going to have automatic overdraw removal so performance should get another boost (for badly designed apps, at least).

Vanillalite

What is this in reference to? The Verizon comments? If I understand correctly, you're saying somebody's criteria for success is Verizon having the best LTE network in the US. Then, they shifted their criteria for success to mean something else. But I can't find what that something else is.

No I just posted it in this thread cause I liked the gif and everyone always talks about moving goal posts in this thread. :p

Nothing specific! :p

No one's really doing anything interesting enough in 2013 to make me want to move from my Note II.

Yep, I only just bought my Note II last month, but with the latest CM 10.1 Nightly on it, it's everything I need. Such a great phone, I can't imagine needing a new phone unless something awful happens to it.

thespot84

a perfect comparison if i ever saw one. The Moto X looks awesome, just not $625 awesome. I was planning on paying that price (or a few dollars more) for 2.

so we're all just going to continue to ignore X8 and keep harping on how one of the 8 procs in the X is slower than the 1 proc on the other phones? Ok then.

Vanillalite

People get up in arms because other flagship devices that are $199 on contract usually sport a quad core CPU and 1080p display these days.

Fuck if you are paying $199 for the GS4 or the One you are doing it wrong. You can easily find those phones for cheaper now.

xtop

The X isn't low end. It isn't even mid range.

What the holy fuck is wrong with you all?

1080p screen snapdragon 800 cpu phones are going to be announced this month. might not be midrange right now, but it's going to be real quick. and all the fancy google now listening stuff is available in every snapdragon 800

so we're all just going to continue to ignore X8 and keep harping on how one of the 8 procs in the X is slower than the 1 proc on the other phones? Ok then.

Processors =/= cores. The Moto X has one processor, like every other phone, and whether you believe marketing speak or not, it may or may not have 8 cores.

Wow this looks kinda good...

I want Play Store ROM though :(

Realistically, what are the chances I can put that? I never even thought about it when my family switched to Verizon two years ago

Very, very small. Verizon locks their bootloaders.

kinggroin

Banned
People get up in arms because other flagship devices that are $199 on contract usually sport a quad core CPU and 1080p display these days.

Ok. The screen is a high dpi 4.7" RGB OLED display.

The computational setup is NOT conventional at all; with the marriage between the krait 300 based cores and motos own dedicated cores for fixed tasks. This is an intelligent way of tackling the multitasking beast that is Android, and will allow for further elimination of IO chokes due to how certain schedulers handle data across four general purpose cores.

Not to mention, the GPU beats the s4 in most tests.

At worst, by the time it's out, it'll be on the upper mid range side of the tech scale. I bet however, performance will feel very much high end.

4.3 should only serve to further improve that.

Does anyone on here have a One from Google? I'm curious if it is actually good. I finally held a one at Costco the other day and I have to say, it felt better than my N4. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom