• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT3| This thread is incompatible with all of your devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Groof

SOFTWARE MENU BUTTON?!

C'MON, LG.

THE FUCK.

long press home button for multitask oh god my poor heart can't handle this...

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I want the white+wood Moto X so bad.
szsLQr6.png

They were so close though... :(

And then I see that you can customise the software buttons and hope was returned, and then immediately shattered when they were just rearrangements of the same keys....
Oh, really? I saw customizeable as well and just assumed you can replace Menu with Multitask.

OEMs just can't let go fo the WinXP days and menu options, huh?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
JBQ is a cool dude but he can be a bit of a diva. He almost quit Android after the whole "Google C&Ding ROMs that include their proprietary apps" thing went down.

xtop

JBQ is a cool dude but he can be a bit of a diva. He almost quit Android after the whole "Google C&Ding ROMs that include their proprietary apps" thing went down.

looks like he's quitting aosp

https://plus.google.com/112218872649456413744/posts/9HHRURorE7g

Well, I see that people have figured out why I'm quitting AOSP.

There's no point being the maintainer of an Operating System that can't boot to the home screen on its flagship device for lack of GPU support, especially when I'm getting the blame for something that I don't have authority to fix myself and that I had anticipated and escalated more than 6 months ahead.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
What is it with open source people and bad taste? Is that some kind of trope I'm not aware of? If it isn't, it should be.

"Open Source people and their designers have bad taste, when it comes to design"

Oh, and what would you make it looks like?

The wood is deliciously hipsterish but it reminds me of the minimalism I've been chasing.

I wouldn't be surprised if he backpedaled in a few days, similar to before.

it worked on both my devices... you have ADM in your administrator accounts? (if its not enabled it will still ring, but you can't lock or wipe)

I have ADM enabled, yet still doesn't work. I'll try a reboot.

What's this bug he's talking about? Not being able to boot to the home screen? I don't understand.

It's not a bug.

Qualcomm's lawyers have blocked Google from releasing the drivers for their chipset in the past (and more recently, with the new Nexus 7), which means the support for those devices in AOSP is extremely limited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom