• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT3| This thread is incompatible with all of your devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgive me, Android GAF.

Droid Maxx's chances of Android 5.0? I went back to look at the chances of some Droid phones - Droid X, Droid X2, etc. For Android 4.0, and Moto was pretty much like "yeah, these phones aren't a good fit for it." It doesn't seem like many Droid phones get many upgrades at all. So would it be reasonable to expect that Droid Maxx doesn't get 5.0, despite being a Moto X in different clothing?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Google owns Moto, so I imagine it'll at least get KLP.

I'd just get an X though. Will probably get updates quicker.

Google owns Moto, so I imagine it'll at least get KLP.

I'd just get an X though. Will probably get updates quicker.

Yeah, but I own an Xperia Play!

And good Moto X doesn't come out until later (damn you AT&T).

EDIT: Wait, I just realized that this is relatively positive. So long as it gets the update, I'm cool. Thanks for your assistance!

Solid, but hard to recommend large phones other than the Note. The Note having the Wacom Stylus + extra software puts it ahead of anything else that is just a larger phone.

Sony seems like they are serious with the Xperia Z Ultra. I guess we'll see when that one is released.

But yeah, the stylus and custom software is what makes the Galaxy Fucking Note what it is. Everything else is just a big phone.

The Unwired wrote about HTC's new marketing campaign, featuring Robert Downey Jr.

FP2bcD5.jpg

As announced today, HTC is ready to launch this Wednesday its most ambitious campaign to date which I had the pleasure to have a sneak peek off last Friday. This massive ad-campaign, which alone will be as expensive as last year's whole media budget was, is an integrated 2 year long-term strategy that celebrates HTC's 17 years of disruption and innovation in the mobile industry.

More at the link (incl a teaser): http://www.theunwired.net/?item=cam...new-media-campaign-featuring-robert-downey-jr

Groof

It'll be interesting to see if HTC even exists in two years time.

Hipster Troll Carwash is pretty good though.

Sony seems like they are serious with the Xperia Z Ultra. I guess we'll see when that one is released.

But yeah, the stylus and custom software is what makes the Galaxy Fucking Note what it is. Everything else is just a big phone.

ZU has a lot of similar software with special pen input parts just like the Note series. It's the first competitor to the Note series which actually competes with it rather than being a big phone. Plus the screen is absolutely fantastic. It's out already in China and other parts of Asia.

Yeah, but I own an Xperia Play!

And good Moto X doesn't come out until later (damn you AT&T).

EDIT: Wait, I just realized that this is relatively positive. So long as it gets the update, I'm cool. Thanks for your assistance!

You really need a new phone.

You really need a new phone.

Lmfao, that's what I'm saying :p

Worse yet, it's a Verizon Xperia Play, bootloader locked down. So I can't even flash any cool ROMs or kernels. I've essentially decided that I'll probably just get a Droid Maxx, after some hands-ons and Andrex's belief that it'll get 5.0. Pretty close to stock Android anywho. And comes with a six-month subscription to Google Play Music Unlimited (or whatever that's called). Plus the battery and 32GB, and the other features... it should do quite well. Oh, and then there's the uniqueness factor.

Got an Xperia SP from work. It's a nice little device, not as slick as the ZL which has 4.2.2 plus it still has the grey notification bar and software buttons. Sony need fix that shit ASAP. I figure I must have won the screen lottery because blacks are really good and viewing angles are acceptable. Otherwise I'm looking forward to 4.3, but work said it might take a while because they receive the software and then customise it before rolling it out to our phones. Something to do with security and tracking.

SimleuqiR

Was going to pick up a Nexus 4 by the end of the month, is there anything else coming soon that I might want to wait for?

Nexus 4 (2013) model

and/or

Moto X (Google Play edition)

There could be a Nexus 4 (made by Moto at a 4+" screen size) and a Nexus 5 (made by LG - 5+" based on their G2 phone).

But that's a few months away (2-3 months).

Was going to pick up a Nexus 4 by the end of the month, is there anything else coming soon that I might want to wait for?

Nexus 5, Xperia i1, iPhone 5S, Galaxy S4 Advance, HTC One Max, Xperia Z Ultra.

Those are the phones not currently out that will be worth looking at in September/October.

Hmm, so Verizon is getting the Moto Maker but just later than ATT is. Was this known? I was under the impression that Moto Maker was going to be ATT exclusive altogether, not just timed.

tzare

Got an Xperia SP from work. It's a nice little device, not as slick as the ZL which has 4.2.2 plus it still has the grey notification bar and software buttons. Sony need fix that shit ASAP. I figure I must have won the screen lottery because blacks are really good and viewing angles are acceptable. Otherwise I'm looking forward to 4.3, but work said it might take a while because they receive the software and then customise it before rolling it out to our phones. Something to do with security and tracking.
are you having wifi issues? I've heard many complains about that

AndyD

aka andydumi
Hmm, any suggestions for a Qi mat/charger? Not too pricy, not too fancy. Something to put on the desk at work or at home.

are you having wifi issues? I've heard many complains about that
Not so far, it's not as good as my ZL but it's not terrible. Someone who has had it for a while at work said to tick the "don't use shot connections" box which makes it better for some reason.

Mobile signal is awesome though, I get signal in areas whe're my ZL struggles. Same network, Vodafone.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Not so far, it's not as good as my ZL but it's not terrible. Someone who has had it for a while at work said to tick the "don't use shot connections" box which makes it better for some reason.

Mobile signal is awesome though, I get signal in areas whe're my ZL struggles. Same network, Vodafone.

I find the latest update for the Z/ZL increased signal reception - my ZL gets a stronger signal now

SimleuqiR

Offensive. Also, fucking whoever anglicized Korean. Arirang is closer to Arilaung.

Arirang is a classic Korean folk song. They make you sing it as a child. I remember none of the words.

Well, being that this phone won't be sold outside of North Korea, it makes sense.

What does Arirang mean though, or is it Arilaung?

Portugeezer

I'm thinking about putting a SNES emulator on my android phone, so I'm checking out bluetooth controllers and every controller seems to be under the device.

I'm looking for a controller which would fit on either side of the device when I hold it horizontally, so it'll look more like a PSP or original GBA.

Do these exist? Please help me out guys, cheers.

VoxPop

I'm thinking about putting a SNES emulator on my android phone, so I'm checking out bluetooth controllers and every controller seems to be under the device.

I'm looking for a controller which would fit on either side of the device when I hold it horizontally, so it'll look more like a PSP or original GBA.

Do these exist? Please help me out guys, cheers.

samsung_Game_Pad_Galaxy_S4_16702_640screen.jpg

Not sure about ones that make it like a PSP/GBA but the PS3 controller works fine if you wanna just set it down on a phone stand.

I find the latest update for the Z/ZL increased signal reception - my ZL gets a stronger signal now

Yeah, I have that update .253 I believe. The SP is still stronger.

First complaint, 5.5GB free space internally, and Sony's apps don't recognise media on the SD card so I had to root and work around. I'm not even going to use it for media purposes tbh, but it irks me.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Note 3 specs:

epending on the country release, the Note 3 will have a couple model numbers – SM-N900 & SM-N9005 – and sport the following specs: 5.68-inch full HD Super AMOLED (1920 x 1080 resolution, 1.8GHz Octa-core Exynos 5420 processor, 3GB RAM, 13MP camera with Optical Image Stabilization (OIS), LTE connectivity, 16/32/64GB internal storage (64GB will be rare) plus a microSD slot, 3,200 mAh battery and running Android OS 4.3 Jelly Bean. No insight into any new S-Pen features.

http://mobilesyrup.com/2013/08/12/s...68-inch-1080p-hd-display-android-4-3-3gb-ram/

http://www.sammobile.com/2013/08/12...moled-display-3gb-lpddr3-ram-3200mah-battery/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom