• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT3| This thread is incompatible with all of your devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimleuqiR

Are people really this paranoid?

This can't be real.

a pocket faraday cage? lol

S4 shipped with the latest version of Android too didnt it? Good trend.

pKoFxTD.png

Well...

orb_draft1_large_verge_medium_landscape.jpg

When even the trash cans are tracking you, what else is there to do?

Soon

Minority.jpg

MinorityReport-2.png

AndyD

aka andydumi
I like the subtle use of the cross on the pocket straps.

But realistically, I can see criminals already using these to prevent tracking.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Note 3 specs:

epending on the country release, the Note 3 will have a couple model numbers – SM-N900 & SM-N9005 – and sport the following specs: 5.68-inch full HD Super AMOLED (1920 x 1080 resolution, 1.8GHz Octa-core Exynos 5420 processor, 3GB RAM, 13MP camera with Optical Image Stabilization (OIS), LTE connectivity, 16/32/64GB internal storage (64GB will be rare) plus a microSD slot, 3,200 mAh battery and running Android OS 4.3 Jelly Bean. No insight into any new S-Pen features.

http://mobilesyrup.com/2013/08/12/s...68-inch-1080p-hd-display-android-4-3-3gb-ram/

http://www.sammobile.com/2013/08/12...moled-display-3gb-lpddr3-ram-3200mah-battery/

bjscott05

I'm digging those specs. I've been sitting on my upgrade for a few months now since I bought a Nexus 4 last Nov. Might have to get this when it comes out.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Those Note 3 specs are beast. But you know what's even beaster? The Ubuntu Edge that will never arrive :/

If only that phone were to be the Nexus 5, I'd be so happy.

bjscott05

But you have a perfectly good Nexus 4? Why are you even in the market to upgrade?

Mainly because I use the camera on my phone a good bit and it isn't very good. It isn't as good as the camera was on my iphone 4s, which is a shame. I also might wait to see what the new Nexus brings.

Mainly because I use the camera on my phone a good bit and it isn't very good. It isn't as good as the camera was on my iphone 4s, which is a shame. I also might wait to see what the new Nexus brings.

This is kinda where I am now too. The N4 camera is so terrible that my girlfriend takes pictures for me with her S3 whenever I need a decent shot of something.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
This is kinda where I am now too. The N4 camera is so terrible that my girlfriend takes pictures for me with her S3 whenever I need a decent shot of something.

It's not that terrible. I just took these two pictures in Paris this weekend:

But of course, I do agree somewhat. The camera is a major reason, along with battery and physical size, why I want to upgrade. The camera is definitely a downgrade from my Note 1.

But of course, I do agree somewhat. The camera is a major reason, along with battery and physical size, why I want to upgrade. The camera is definitely a downgrade from my Note 1.

Pictures in daylight or with ample light are OK. Once you get indoors, GOOD LUCK.

Groof

It works somewhat well when in (very) good lighting condition, but other than that, it's nothing to write home about. As any phone camera, it's usable when needed, but don't try to do some proper photographing with it.

Bboy AJ

Pictures in daylight or with ample light are OK. Once you get indoors, GOOD LUCK.

Very true. You're right about that. I barely take any indoor pictures. I can't upgrade to a Nexus 5 soon enough, assuming my requisite improvements are done. I think I could be happy with the phone for a very, very long time if those things are changed.

Speaking of, when did we get wind of the LG G2 being the Nexus 4? Do we have the G2 Pro being pegged as the N5? If so... Man, I want the size and shape of the Moto X.

Nobody knows who the new manufacturer of N5 will be but Google does seem to be spreading it around their OEMs. The next Nexus might be from Asus? Who knows.

daoster

Hey peeps, is rooting the only way to go to use my PS3's controller on Android? Trying to play Chrono Trigger on the Nexus 7, but I don't care much for touch controls...

kehs

Banned
Well...

orb_draft1_large_verge_medium_landscape.jpg

When even the trash cans are tracking you, what else is there to do?

Soon

http://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Minority.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://info.sundaysky.com/Portals/165863/images/MinorityReport-2.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

I like the fantasy 1:1:1 ratio between apple, samsung, and nokia.

All of a sudden my N4 disappeared from the Web Playstore.

I know this happens when you clear the services framework, but I never did that. Tried cleaning the Playstore and even removed and added again my Google Account.

Does it take a while to reappear?

MattDoza

Submarino Conversível;76088399 said:
All of a sudden my N4 disappeared from the Web Playstore.

I know this happens when you clear the services framework, but I never did that. Tried cleaning the Playstore and even removed and added again my Google Account.

Does it take a while to reappear?

Had the same issue and it reappeared when I enabled WiFi & Mobile location settings again.

That Note!!

Ive been holding on with my Note 1 (which eats 3 full batteries DAILY) for months and months now, waiting for the specs of the GN3 and while still no confirmation of S800 processor on the US variant, most likely it will ship with this processor at 2.3GHz. I really, REALLY hope that after Unpacked, the shipping date is 1-2 weeks away at the most, and of course, that is available to T-Mobile (unlimited everything for $60/month!).

Hype, I am! :D

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I tried the stock camera and it wasn't as good as the TouchWiz one. Photospheres were cool for the first few times and then once the novelty wore off, I was left with a very basic camera that was inferior to the stock one from my S3.

Google needs to step it up.

MattDoza

Submarino Conversível;76104387 said:
How much time did it took?

Only thing I did in the last few days was enabling WiFi aways on. Dunno if it's releated.
It wasn't instant. Can't say I paid attention to how long I waited and tried again.

I guess I'm not in the market for a new VZW phone. My S3 has a crack going from the left edge to the right edge right down the middle of the screen. We have a stone kitchen table, I think the wife set it down too hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom