• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT3| This thread is incompatible with all of your devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aomber

So I've had my Nexus 4 for the past two months and have loved but has anyone else noticed significant battery drain while using Chrome? Is this the norm with android browsers or just Chrome?

It's Chrome. Honestly I would use something else, I have never had good experiences with Chrome on Android. Compared to something like Dolphin it's pretty unresponsive and slow.

VPhys

Official Nexus 7 sleeve is available now.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/0...ay-store-for-29-99-and-an-obscene-50-shipped/

So who's lining up to plunk down a 50 on this thing????

I'll stick with my $5.85 moko case thanks.

Jeff_Bezos_iconic_laugh.jpg

That made my day.

Sky Chief

Chrome is fine. The new Google Maps/Nav on the other hand is terrible. So many bugs, so slow, so many features removed or made harder to get to. What were they thinking?

kn1ves24

Does anybody have one of the Sony Xperia Z or ZL phones? I'm looking for some impressions of hands on, day to day use of them as a primary phone/device. I'm really looking at the ZL the C6506 LTE model. Its just the price seems kinda high. Is it safe to assume that the hardware in that phone would provide a solid 2 maybe 3 years of regular Android updates? I really haven't been following Androids release cycles but I would like to remain fairly current if I bought an android device.

Submarino Conversível;76088399 said:
All of a sudden my N4 disappeared from the Web Playstore.

I know this happens when you clear the services framework, but I never did that. Tried cleaning the Playstore and even removed and added again my Google Account.

Does it take a while to reappear?

Nothing yet. tried everything recommended on other forums.

-PXG-

Looking to buy my first android phone but which is better, S4 or HTC one?
Thanks.

S4.

Assuming you don't root or install custom ROMs, the Galaxy S4 is better in almost every single way out of the box. And if you do decide to mod it, there are TONS of options and boat loads of supporters. The community is massive.

catmincer

S4.

Assuming you don't root or install custom ROMs, the Galaxy S4 is better in almost every single way out of the box.

Having used one for a week after I broke my HTC One. I disagree.

The only thing I liked was the microSD card. The rest was a worse experience than the One.

S4.

Assuming you don't root or install custom ROMs, the Galaxy S4 is better in almost every single way out of the box. And if you do decide to mod it, there are TONS of options and boat loads of supporters. The community is massive.

Ignore this post. Very wrong.

However both are very similar so play with each one and decide which on you prefer.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Not that chrome isn't probably a battery hog for some, but if chrome is your main browser and browsing the web is the #1 thing you do on your phone it's only logical that it'll take up most of your battery.

That being said if Chrome isn't working try the AOSP browser, Firefox, or Dolphin + Jetpack.

Also watch your screen brightness, NFC, GPS, Bluetooth and the like in terms of extra things that can sap battery unneadedly.

Husker86

Looking to buy my first android phone but which is better, S4 or HTC one?
Thanks.

Try them both out in store. I was solidly set on getting an HTC One until I went to the store. I ended up going GS4 because it has a bigger screen while being smaller (minimally, but the screen to device size ratio is noticeable) than the HTC One. The bezels on the One were too much for me.

I don't think you'd be disappointed either way though.

And I thought my Galaxy Nexus was hurting. Put that thing out of its misery already.

I will. Will wait and see how these new Nexus rumours pan out.

Hopefully Google opens the Play Devices store in my country by then.

I walk past Google's European HQ nearly every day yet I cant buy a nexus in this country without importing / buying from some dodgy unofficial source.

Heck I got my Nexus S from a google employee who wanted to sell it because he had a iphone. LOL

Razdek

Banned
Android OS was taking up 55% of my battery resources and killing the battery fast. I had to reboot and it's coming down little by little. Is there any way to see what it was doing to cause the battery drain?

GS4. if you want the HTC One, wait for the iPhone 5S instead. that phone should have good build quality, not just 'fancy' materials.

no and no.

Dude you act like the One have bad build quality just because the first batch got some minor gaps which ain't even a big deal.

With your logic, 2 piece of Lego stuck together is good built quality.

A Ferrari got gaps everywhere vs a Camry. And no one will say that a Camry got a better build quality than a Ferrari.

zedge

Dude you act like the One have bad build quality just because the first batch got some minor gaps which ain't even a big deal.

With your logic, 2 piece of Lego stuck together is good built quality.

A Ferrari got gaps everywhere vs a Camry. And no one will say that a Camry got a better build quality than a Ferrari.

I think it was more a dig at HTC 'quality' in general not just the one. I agree with him. :p

They look and feel nice, but don't last in my experience.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I think it was more a dig at HTC 'quality' in general not just the one. I agree with him. :p

They look and feel nice, but don't last in my experience.

Eh I'd agree with their middle of HTC's Android timeline. Their beginning devices were solid, and then they slacked off. That hit a peak during the 2011 era especially with some of the Verizon phones. My fiancee's Inspire 4g didn't exactly "inspire" confidence.

That being since they got off their ass with the One X things have been good. I'm still rock'n my One X a year later, and it's perfectly fine other than a few nicks and scuffs that were inflicted by me.

zedge

Eh I'd agree with their middle of HTC's Android timeline. Their beginning devices were solid, and then they slacked off. That hit a peak during the 2011 era especially with some of the Verizon phones. My fiancee's Inspire 4g didn't exactly "inspire" confidence.

That being since they got off their ass with the One X things have been good. I'm still rock'n my One X a year later, and it's perfectly fine other than a few nicks and scuffs that were inflicted by me.

Yea, its not all their phones.

Is there truth to bluetooth being borked from 4.1 to 4.2? I can sync my s3 in my car but it will not sync contacts. After googling for the past half hour I see this mentioned more than once. 4.3 apparently fixes this?

Toki767

There's also Boat Browser and UC Browser to try out. I think I might give FireFox a shot though. My phone has some weird battery drains at times and I never know what's causing it because I have no clue how to read BetterBatteryStats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom