• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT3| This thread is incompatible with all of your devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NomarTyme

There's also Boat Browser and UC Browser to try out. I think I might give FireFox a shot though. My phone has some weird battery drains at times and I never know what's causing it because I have no clue how to read BetterBatteryStats.
Switched to boat browser. Not looking back.

malfcn

I had no idea how fast LTE 4G was..

BERJ12P.jpg

thespot84

I was originally stoked because it's faster than my home internet speed. (20).

I got that on vzw in one part of town (55mbps), but everywhere else it's 5-10mbps. Either way, it's definitely not the bottleneck when it comes to browsing on my phone - my gnex is :(

Arkanius

Guys help me. I feel no need to jump on 4.3 or flash my rom nightly ever since I got the HTC One.
Alas, I *gasp*, didnt even bother with CM this time. I need the HOLOYOLO squad

Virgil Dobjanschi said:
#googleplusupdate

1. Account and page switching is a lot easier
2. Google Apps for Business features are now fully supported
3. Google Drive photos & videos are now accessible from Google+
4. Location sharing includes more controls
5. Messenger is going away, Hangouts is sticking around
full details

rolling out starting now!

SimleuqiR

full details

rolling out starting now!

Nice!

. Google Drive photos & videos are now accessible from Google+
If you're storing photos or videos in Google Drive, you now have the option to view and share them from Google+ (on Android, and the web). Drive photos in particular will get enhanced and awesome’d automatically (see plus.google.com/photos/whatsnew).

I find Drive a lot easier to manage video and image files. The Photos (formally Picasa) doesn't lend itself easy ways handle lots of files in batches (for move & organizing).

Just make Google Drive my directory for all files on my account Google please! This includes email attachments TOO.

AndyD

aka andydumi
I also with auto-upload to G+ went to a Drive folder. And youtube could import/mange Drive folders of videos.

Cipherr

I thought it was like that. I was disappointed.

But how would that work for the infinite storage they give you for auto uploaded photos only?

Everything in drive counts towards your storage limit. I don't want all my photos counting towards that if I can help it. But it should definitely be an option.

Arkanius

Damnit I thought I could access directly my Google+ autobackup photos on Google Drive...

Dropbox still has the best backup solution in that case. I find sharing photos from Google+ quite messy, and it always skips a few photos for some reason.

SimleuqiR

But how would that work for the infinite storage they give you for auto uploaded photos only?

Everything in drive counts towards your storage limit. I don't want all my photos counting towards that if I can help it. But it should definitely be an option.

AFAIK the Drive and Photo quota is shared, and if you have duplicate files they are only counted once. Meaning there is really only one copy of the file at the server side, but it is displayed in two locations (directories).

I would assume they can keep track of what images were auto-uploaded from your devices and not deduct storage space?

Arkanius

AFAIK the Drive and Photo quota is shared, and if you have duplicate files they are only counted once. Meaning there is really only one copy of the file at the server side, but it is displayed in two locations (directories).

I would assume they can keep track of what images were auto-uploaded from your devices and not deduct storage space?

Don't photos smaller than 4MP on Drive also NOT count towards the quota?

you mean RESIZED auto uploaded photos. they're only free if their longest edge is 2048 pixels or less

Damnit I thought I could access directly my Google+ autobackup photos on Google Drive...

Dropbox still has the best backup solution in that case. I find sharing photos from Google+ quite messy, and it always skips a few photos for some reason.

<3 Dropbox

someday i need to finish capping out my referral space.

AndyD

aka andydumi
no. leave Youtube alone!

I have no issues with Youtube as is, what I meant is that I want the full power of youtube editing for my G+ uploaded videos. Waste of time to re-upload to youtube just to get the edit functions. So by allowing Youtube to import from a Drive folder or the G+ auto-uploads it would save time and bandwidth.

Don't photos smaller than 4MP on Drive also NOT count towards the quota?

They don't.

Cipherr

Nah, like mentioned photos of a certain size (I use that size) are infinite storage. Ill take full size photos and save them on my phone and put them somewhere if I need them in a larger size, but for the general photos I take, Im cool with the size that allows you infinite storage. I have a lot of photos on it.

Groof

Might start throwing all my photos from my camera up on Drive immediately from now on, if that's the case. Sounds like they're really heading for a unified Google account experience now.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ

You're probably just sharing the highlights. There's a "__ More" gray block at the end of a day's auto-upload photos that you need to click to show all the photos.

iavi

the battery improvements in 4.3 don't stop at the n4. my gnex actually lasts now. I don't even know what to do with myself.

kehs

Banned
Is that what you and coper do? Message each other on Google Hangout and complain about the Verizon GNexus while you swoon over the Moto X?

We also overload the Hangouts bandwidth by being the only ones on there.

--

Loving the look of the navigation drawer on the g+ app.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Is that what you and coper do? Message each other on Google Hangout and complain about the Verizon GNexus while you swoon over the Moto X?

We also make plans for when we'll eventually switch to BlackBerry 10. Shouldn't be too long now!

We also overload the Hangouts bandwidth by being the only ones on there.

Hey now! I have 6 other people I contact frequently with it! (+2 group hangouts with some of them, +2 non-frequent users.) That's 11 entries in my Hangouts list!

I've been trying to seed it as much as possible among my family, lol. But I switched them to Chrome and Gmail (and Chrome OS, in the case of my mom and grandma), might as well go all in!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom