• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT3| This thread is incompatible with all of your devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
pocketnow Moto X Video Review: an Android for the average Joe

pocketnow said:
The Moto X is probably the most comfortable Android we've ever handled, and it doesn't sacrifice screen size to get there. It's almost impossible to believe the screen measures a full 4.7-inches across because the phone surrounding it is so petite. While the front size bears a striking resemblance to LG's Nexus 4, Motorola has done something completely different around back, giving the device a gentle sweeping curve that feels even better than it looks. The Motorola logo sits in an indentation on the back cover, giving a subtle cue for where to drop your fingertip, and the phone's composite material is soft to the touch and just the slightest bit grippy (helping to avoid drops.)

Even if you do let it tumble to the ground though, the X continues Motorola's proud legacy of hardware design. While it's not specifically rated for durability, it feels like a device that could take a beating. In fact, it doesn't feel at all unnatural to drop the X into a pocket with some keys or coins, even right after unboxing it.

Pressing that small standby key on the side brings that big, beautiful screen to life, and here Google reminds us that the X is assembled in the USA with a patriotic wallpaper that also leverages the AMOLED panel's color saturation prowess. The company went with a 720p screen over the now-standard 1080p flagship resolution, but at 316 pixels per inch you're not going to be complaining about the pixel density unless you're one of those spec-heads that Google is specifically avoiding with this phone. The panel is bright, it's sharp, and it's beautiful.

8 / 10

iavi

Verizon

KPT8Tov.gif

of all people, I thought you would have long rooted that thing and joined the club. I've got the toro as well, but I'm running mmuzy's 4.3. solid as a rock.

get out the ghetto, friend.

Is that what you and coper do? Message each other on Google Hangout and complain about the Verizon GNexus while you swoon over the Moto X?

there are worse phones to swoon over. like galaxies. and touchwiz.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I'm getting out of the ghetto.

Whenever the Google Play Edition + Wood Back Moto X comes out.

malfcn

Wow ATT.
Thanks for the pre-installed subscription.
There is some app called City ID that just says the city and state of the number you call.

After ten days a window pops up and asks you to subscribe and you can only press OK.
It isn't in the apps, and you have to dig for it. And because it is bloat, you can only freeze it. Not remove it.

I set a new record for phone uptime at 1147 hours, 23 minutes today.

Unfortunately around ~1000+ hours of uptime, something always fucks up on my phone and the task manager stops working and I can't toggle WiFi and Bluetooth from the Notifications pane anymore. So I have to reboot it. It doesn't crash or anything and I could probably use it forever that way, but not having these things annoys me too much.

I almost have a smartphone that never needs to be rebooted. Almost. Come on Samsung, you can do it if you try!

Groof

Anyone else ever have better battery stats show your phone being awake 100% of the time? The strange thing is, my battery drain doesn't seem that bad. I enclosed some pics. (stock nexus 4)

http://imgur.com/a/O62uO

I've been seeing the same since yesterday. It's freaking me out a bit, but like you say, the battery drain doesn't seem any worse than usual. Just started the day so I'll see how it goes from here.

Nicktendo86

Anyone else ever have better battery stats show your phone being awake 100% of the time? The strange thing is, my battery drain doesn't seem that bad. I enclosed some pics. (stock nexus 4)

http://imgur.com/a/O62uO
Do you use a wireless charger? It's power manager services causing the problem, there has been a bug since 4.2.2 which causes the N4 to wake lock when you take it off a wireless charger. Pretty shitty.

Quasar

Man Google Now is pretty awesome. I ordered a laptop and it showed the status an estimated ship date in the cards without having to go to the FedEx site. I don't care if it reads my email that shit is pretty cool.

Yeah. That just happened with my shipped chromecast. Cool stuff.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
As expected there will be two versions of the GNote 3. Here is a list to see what you'll get from Sam Mobile!

To simplify everyone buying the LTE version ie 90% of GAF will be getting an S800 processor.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
As expected there will be two versions of the GNote 3. Here is a list to see what you'll get from Sam Mobile!

To simplify everyone buying the LTE version is 90% of GAF will be getting an S800 processor.

Hilarious that Canada isn't listed at all, considering canadian carriers and att use the same model

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
That red looks great. I like it better than the blue one.

I set a new record for phone uptime at 1147 hours, 23 minutes today.

Unfortunately around ~1000+ hours of uptime, something always fucks up on my phone and the task manager stops working and I can't toggle WiFi and Bluetooth from the Notifications pane anymore. So I have to reboot it. It doesn't crash or anything and I could probably use it forever that way, but not having these things annoys me too much.

I almost have a smartphone that never needs to be rebooted. Almost. Come on Samsung, you can do it if you try!

My Nexus 10 has you beat. It reboots on its own, whenever it wants. It doesn't care what I think because it apparently knows best. I'm surprised it even allowed me to complete and submit this post.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
You are forever banned for talking about what looks good since you think the wood grain Moto X looks good.

I think the wood X exudes a certain style.

The red One just looks like all those terrible Verizon redesigned phones. Maybe I'm just scarred.

The red should be darker IMO. Blood red. Mmm.

PS: Why aren't we 3DS friends? Why you no like me? :(

What's your FC? Lol.

Vanillalite

I never buy red stuff as it is the cooler of the enemy, but I'll admit the red one looks better than the blue. Weird to cause blue is probably my favorite color.

PS: I think Andrex doesn't like me. Maybe he's just worried talking to anyone else on GAF feels like he is cheating on coper though.

AndyD

aka andydumi
I think both the red and the blue would get more love if they were darker shades. The electric blue is a little bold.

Vanillalite

The blue is just a boring blue. Rather it be either much darker or much lighter. As it stands it's middle of the road meh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom