• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT3| This thread is incompatible with all of your devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a stock GS3. While it's true that it'll open up messages and missed calls (along with a list of apps I can customize to appear on the lock screen), if something appears in my notification bar, there's no way to access it without unlocking my phone, dropping the notification bar, and then selecting the notification.

"There's got to be a better way!"

Better that way so no one can read your notifications. If you disable your pattern lock or whatever you can pull down the notification shade without unlocking.

They'll hang on to CDMA as long as possible. it allows them to skirt the open network requirements put in place for the LTE spectrum by the FCC.

people are speculating the opposite. they want to recycle all that spectrum and aren't too worried about the requirements.

On a side note Zaxbys is soooooo good!

had some tonight. yep. what's up with the new boneless stuff tho?

Better that way so no one can read your notifications. If you disable your pattern lock or whatever you can pull down the notification shade without unlocking.

was gonna post this.

What I achieved today with my stock but rooted w/ Greenify Nexus 4. I only put it in airplane mode when it got to under 10%:

kKrEWP9l.png

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
had some tonight. yep. what's up with the new boneless stuff tho?

They've had boneless wings forever and a day down in GA. Anyways I always get the kick'n chick'n sandwich. Soooooo good, and they put a lot of sauce on this time FTW!!!

PS: Yo Andrex I got my friend code for my 3ds if you want to trade! :p

They've had boneless wings forever and a day down in GA. Anyways I always get the kick'n chick'n sandwich. Soooooo good, and they put a lot of sauce on this time FTW!!!

PS: Yo Andrex I got my friend code for my 3ds if you want to trade! :p

i'm in SW GA, and ok, i can't really say they only got boneless the last few months but i can say they only started mentioning it and verbally offering it in the past few months. and i'm not talking about the chicken fingers... i always get Wings 'N Things. i remember when it came with carrots and celery, now its just celery :(

Unicorn

I have a stock GS3. While it's true that it'll open up messages and missed calls (along with a list of apps I can customize to appear on the lock screen), if something appears in my notification bar, there's no way to access it without unlocking my phone, dropping the notification bar, and then selecting the notification.

When locked I can pull my notification bar down, tap the message and it'll take me to the messaging app. I don't have any screen security code though so that may be why.

Vanillalite

i'm in SW GA, and ok, i can't really say they only got boneless the last few months but i can say they only started mentioning it and verbally offering it in the past few months. and i'm not talking about the chicken fingers... i always get Wings 'N Things. i remember when it came with carrots and celery, now its just celery :(

Back in my uber super fat @$$ days I use to get a large wings and things. Holy shit that is a lot of food! LOL

My financee likes the boneless wings, but in general she hates eating chicken still on the bone. She normally just gets the kick'n chicken like me though. :p

Back in my uber super fat @$$ days I use to get a large wings and things. Holy shit that is a lot of food! LOL

My financee likes the boneless wings, but in general she hates eating chicken still on the bone. She normally just gets the kick'n chicken like me though. :p

yeah i got the large wings & things a few times and that is a ton of food, i mostly ended eating it as two meals. the boneless wings are good, but i just like the visceral sensation of ripping the meat off the bones with my teeth,

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Found in the new Maps APK teardown:

<string name="STRIPIFIED_MESH_LAB_NAME">Detailed 3D Meshes</string>
<string name="STRIPIFIED_MESH_LAB_DESCRIPTION">Enable/disable visualization of detailed user-generated meshes for important buildings and monuments. The coverage of these buildings is sparse in most places. This is open for dogfood for all Android devices, but be warned that areas such as the Las Vegas Strip should be viewed by devices on par or better than the Nexus 4. There is a great deal of geometry that needs to be processed which makes map loading slow.</string>
Maybe that's good news for the N5.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/0...for-the-maps-api-and-possibly-some-bug-fixes/

thespot84

Isn't active notifications exactly what you're talking about?

it launched with moto x, which is optimized to run it (AMOLED display only turns on needed pixels, runs of a lower power core etc) but this seems to fit the bill....

tzare

since my wife's s3 was stolen i' ve been a bit on paranoid mode , so i've been searching apps and gear to prevent future issues.

So far i've found Androidlost, which is the same as Cerberus but free. I am also looking for some kind of Bluetooth cheap device that can be connected to the phone, so if it gets disconnected (if stolen and out of BT range) it beeps or sounds an alarm. Any suggestions?

Groof

Loving the pull to refresh Google has going for them. The fact that it uses the four Google colours in Google+ is cute too

Nicktendo86

Found in the new Maps APK teardown:

Maybe that's good news for the N5.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/0...for-the-maps-api-and-possibly-some-bug-fixes/

Sounds good but sounds like the 3D buildings will be even fewer in number than Google Earth, the one thing Apple Maps have got right is 3D buildings. Pretty much every building in London is there, even my flat, and it looks lovely, someones I find myself just exploring in my wife's iPhone 5. Loads way quicker than Google Earth as well.

-PXG-

I tried a GE ROM the other day. Maybe it's me but there was noticeable home button lag. Plus, it was not nearly as feature rich as CM.

However, I'm willing to give (any) Google Edition ROM another shot, providing there is proof it has better battery and performance than Cyanogen. I'm on an AT&T GS4 (SGH-I337)

My battery so far

Vanillalite

since my wife's s3 was stolen i' ve been a bit on paranoid mode , so i've been searching apps and gear to prevent future issues.

So far i've found Androidlost, which is the same as Cerberus but free. I am also looking for some kind of Bluetooth cheap device that can be connected to the phone, so if it gets disconnected (if stolen and out of BT range) it beeps or sounds an alarm. Any suggestions?

Google has a built in find my phone feature now.

AndyD

aka andydumi

You can pull down the notification bar without unlocking.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ

QENR18Pl.jpg

wAvFoG6.png

SimleuqiR

Got this one from a post on droidGAF. Could be click bate, but who knows.

http://www.androidheadlines.com/201...g2-feature-glass-back-and-snapdragon-800.html

The folks over at Tinhte.vn have new information that details a new nexus device based on the LG G2, with a few changes. One of these changes resides in the design of the device, and it’s said that this new Nexus will have a glass back just like the Nexus 4 and omit the buttons around the rear of the device. As well as this, the Snapdragon 800 is apparently to be used instead of the Snapdragon 600 that recent rumors have detailed.

These guys in Vietnam have been pretty spot-on about most of their leaks. This is more than likely down to the factories and assembly lines that are in the country. LG themselves have piled half a billion or so into the country recently to keep up with recent demand. Hopefully, these guys are right once again and we’ll see a great device like we did last Fall.

Honestly I don't see the point of having a Moto Nexus at this point in time, if they are going to sell the Moto X directly from the play store (with customization and all).

Vanillalite

Bloomberg saying that Android smart watch is the real deal. Also it might be it's own device without the need for a separate linked Android phone. The smart watch might be the phone.

God, I thought the whole point of the delays was the fact that they didn't want the logo on there

EDIT:

Why do other OEMs get bullied around to do that shat?

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
God, I thought the whole point of the delays was the fact that they didn't want the logo on there

EDIT:

Why do other OEMs get bullied around to do that shat?

Because making money and selling devices in the US is a good thing

I agree though, carrier branding is the worst. At least it's been toned down these days, even on Att (Unless you have a VERIZON 4G LTE device)

Groof

If they could just skip the horrible checkmark and 4G LTE logo it'd at least be somewhat manageable. Burn them to hell

-PXG-

It could be worse...you guys could have the AT&T 4G logo....So ugly. Mafuckin flamez yo.... :/

And lol @ the Verizon Note 2 button. That's fucking bold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom