• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT4| I/O Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedFyn

Terraria's on sale for $0.98. Its a great game however the last update broke the game for some phones so you can/should download the free version to make sure it'll work. The free version is the full version without saves.

Ok guys so I have a question and I hope someone can help me.

I seem to be missing a lot of storage on my Moto G.

So according to my PC (and device) the total storage space on the device is 12,9 GB out of which I've used 10,5 gb.

http://i.imgur.com/xPkIKpF.jpg

Yet if I connect the device and check all the content I can access from my PC (Including videos, pics, games, music, etc) it only shows that I'm using 2,27 GB

http://i.imgur.com/YWU3txB.jpg

So where the hell are those extra 10gb I'm supposedly using ?

EDIT:

Here is a screenshot from the "storage" option on my phone (sorry about it being in spanish) :

So
"User Storage": 12,9 GB
"Available Space": 2.40 GB
"Every other category combined": Around 6,2 GB

I should have around 6,7 GB of free storage. Yet I only have 2,4
man...I remember reading an article about this on some website but it escapes me at the moment. Exact same problem and the dude writing the article was trying to figure out what caused it and eventually figured it out. Something about uninstalling the facebook app or installing it. Or something. I can't remember at all.

Terraria's on sale for $0.98. Its a great game however the last update broke the game for some phones so you need to download the free version to make sure it'll work. The free version is the full version without saves.
Awesome, bought. I've been waiting for this and/or Minecraft to go on sale. In case I get these issues you mentioned, I need both the free and paid version installed, right?

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Posted in the gaming side, but the Rayman games are on sale too (.10 for the first, .50 for the sequel). As is GTA:Chinatown Wars ($3) and Dragon Quest ($1).

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
As much as I like my m8, it will probably be the last htc phone I buy. Not a single software update since I bought it. Screw those guys.

The phone already shipped with KK. There isn't anything anyone else has updated to either, and they moved all of the apps to the playstore to be updated more frequently.

I just don't follow this at all.

RedFyn

Awesome, bought. I've been waiting for this and/or Minecraft to go on sale. In case I get these issues you mentioned, I need both the free and paid version installed, right?
No, sorry I worded that strangely. I just mean that you can try out the free version before you buy it. I'm sure they'll continue to fix the remaining issues anyways and at this price its a great time to get it.

Drifters

At&t

No, I'm still on 4.4.2

Sounds like an AT&T problem then. I know for a fact the T-Mobile one has 4.4.3.
Van you and I are in the same boat on ATT. 4.4.3 shit the bed with problems and ATT pulled it back. Our phones will most likely jump straight to Lollipop 5.0.1 in February or March. Quite frankly reading over the differences between 4.4.3 and even 4.4.4 on the developer phone, we're not missing much.

Vanillalite

4.4.2 for a lot of devices had the bug fixes already rolled in. There is literally nothing that an update to non Lollipop could provide.

It's like getting pissed your Nexus isn't on 5.0.2 even if 5.0.1 is the latest for your device.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
My new phone:

NhdFsIG.jpg

(not actually mine but same style/color)

Cost 1 dollar (33 after tax, $51 total with geek squad protection after some random discounts). I'd say it's a pretty good deal.

This thing's a beast. =D

Loxley

So I'm switching to Verizon at some point this week (from Sprint - good riddance), which means I'll be upgrading from my Galaxy S3. I've really, really enjoyed this phone and it's been great the entire time I've used it. So part of me wants to stick with Samsung since my experience with their mobile devices has been largely positive. But part of me also wants to maybe explore something slightly different from Samsung. Right now it's a battle between the Galaxy Note 4 and Xperia Z3v. The dark horse options would be the Moto X and Droid Turbo, which I've heard are both amazing phones, I just dislike the aesthetics of both compared to the GN4 and the Z3v.

I'm likely going to make my decision in the store, on the spot. I really need to just hold them in my hand. Because whichever phone I end up with, it'll be a notable size increase (the GS3 is 4.8 inches with a 720p display).

VoxPop

Sup fellas. I recently installed Lollipop rom on my HTC One and I wanna give it a go as a full on phone. Is there an easy way to change between phones? Currently have an iPhone 6 but I'm sure it uses a smaller SIM card. But the HTC One still has my old SIM in it. T-Mobile/Unlocked for both btw. Do I have to actually go into a store to reactivate my HTC or could I easily do it on my own?

Also could my girl use my unlocked iPhone 6 on Verizon? Heard something about GSM iPhones working on the Verizon network.

Also for some reason I don't have Nova Launcher Prime anymore despite having purchased it before. Under my apps section in the Play Store, it says $4.00 instead of Purchased.. As is every other app I've purchased. Did me wiping the cache and what not in TWRP mess with that?

terrier

Who said that?

I can confirm. It is well known issue, probably due to TW, but yes, Note 4 doesn't like ART, it is always updating apps when you turn on the phone and some of them just crash. Hopefully lollipop won't have any of those issues since dalvik is no option. I also hope performance improvements too.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
4.4.2 for a lot of devices had the bug fixes already rolled in. There is literally nothing that an update to non Lollipop could provide.

It's like getting pissed your Nexus isn't on 5.0.2 even if 5.0.1 is the latest for your device.

You're wrong, updates mean more than just the core OS. Considering the issues I'm having, it's annoying to hear you spout nonsense.

System Improvements
Android 4.4.3
Security fixes

Performance optimization
Wi-Fi
Bluetooth
Mobile network

Application updates
Camera
Gallery (Image Match)
Settings (Power History)
HTC Sync Manager

Sense experience optimization
Boomsound
Extreme Power Saving Mode
Motion Launch
Quick Setting

kehs

Banned
My new phone:

NhdFsIG.jpg

(not actually mine but same style/color)

Cost 1 dollar (33 after tax, $51 total with geek squad protection after some random discounts). I'd say it's a pretty good deal.

This thing's a beast. =D

Did you bring a wheelbarrow to take it home?

How do you like it?

Sup fellas. I recently installed Lollipop rom on my HTC One and I wanna give it a go as a full on phone. Is there an easy way to change between phones? Currently have an iPhone 6 but I'm sure it uses a smaller SIM card. But the HTC One still has my old SIM in it. T-Mobile/Unlocked for both btw. Do I have to actually go into a store to reactivate my HTC or could I easily do it on my own?

Also could my girl use my unlocked iPhone 6 on Verizon? Heard something about GSM iPhones working on the Verizon network.

Also for some reason I don't have Nova Launcher Prime anymore despite having purchased it before. Under my apps section in the Play Store, it says $4.00 instead of Purchased.. As is every other app I've purchased. Did me wiping the cache and what not in TWRP mess with that?
For your first question, all you have to do is activate the old sim card. Check if you can do it online, if not just call in to do it. Definitely shouldn't have to go into a store for that.

As for your second question, I live in Canada so I honestly don't know but I thought verizon was only CDMA but because the iphone is an LTE phone I think it actually would work on verizon. Don't take my word for it though. An american will have to answer that one.

Wreav

Banned
The update to Google Calendar is kinda pathetic unless I'm missing something. How do you see appointment times in Schedule (agenda) mode?

Vanillalite

You're wrong, updates mean more than just the core OS. Considering the issues I'm having, it's annoying to hear you spout nonsense.

System Improvements
Android 4.4.3
Security fixes

Performance optimization
Wi-Fi
Bluetooth
Mobile network

Application updates
Camera
Gallery (Image Match)
Settings (Power History)
HTC Sync Manager

Sense experience optimization
Boomsound
Extreme Power Saving Mode
Motion Launch
Quick Setting

Did you even read what the fuck I wrote? God damn people have gotten fucking stupid in here.

I can only help people so much if they don't have a baseline IQ to follow. FFS

Volotaire

UK Android Users:

Vodafone are tomorrow (according to HUKD) having a sale on the Galaxy S5 and the HTC One M8. Prices for them as follows (no contracts):
Samsung Galaxy S5 will be £279.00 from tomorrow 24th December.
Usual 'when bought with top-up' rules will probably apply dependant upon your sales advisor.

HTC One M8 is also down from £485 to £289.00

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/samsung-galaxy-s5-was-525-now-279-vodafone-tomorrow-2096367

They are dipping down to eBay handset only prices

Fbh

man...I remember reading an article about this on some website but it escapes me at the moment. Exact same problem and the dude writing the article was trying to figure out what caused it and eventually figured it out. Something about uninstalling the facebook app or installing it. Or something. I can't remember at all.

Damn.
I'll try searching on google.....and uninstalling Facebook

Is anyone surprised? This is Samsung we're talking about. Why the fuck does anyone still follow that shit company in 2014?

Well they arguabaly have the best smartphone in 2014(well phablet..)

As bad as touchwiz is..at least its not a beta OS like 5.0

It was pretty hilarious how this thread was like

Lollipop will make ______way better...

Sch1sm

No, no. We're firm believers in if 5.0.1 doesn't make it better, 5.0.2 will. On and on until the next OS arrives. You aren't keeping up right.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead

Just wait for the first Nexus phone to have a 3220 mah battery! Without Touchwiz bloat and all the OS optimizations stock brings, that Nexus will be a BEAST when it comes to battery life. You think the Note getting 5-6+ hours of screen on time is impressive? Just you wait for the 3220 mah Nexus!

Gwanatu T

I'm not sure how it can be argued that Touchwiz is better than Lollipop in any situation. Complexity/=/better.

Gambit61

Why so hostile in here, can't we all get along?
LOL this thread has been funny with all the weird misplaced anger.

On topic: Damn March feels so far away. I hope the M9 also has an IR port. It's the only other feature I want from it due to my new TV not having buttons. Who thought that was a good idea?

Just wait for the first Nexus phone to have a 3220 mah battery! Without Touchwiz bloat and all the OS optimizations stock brings, that Nexus will be a BEAST when it comes to battery life. You think the Note getting 5-6+ hours of screen on time is impressive? Just you wait for the 3220 mah Nexus!

X_X

Gwanatu T

but its lollipop that has the complexity.

like volume management for example.

TouchWIN

There's nothing wrong with volume management in Lollipop. You hit the bell for vibrate, and you choose between no notifications, priority or all. This isn't complicated and it solves a problem that we've had in Android for a long time. What broken is the lack of expandable volume controls which was never in stock android to begin with.

There's nothing wrong with volume management in Lollipop. You hit the bell for vibrate, and you choose between no notifications, priority or all. This isn't complicated and it solves a problem that we've had in Android for a long time. What broken is the lack of expandable volume controls which was never in stock android to begin with.
solved what problem? the one where people weren't begging and pleading enough for Google to roll back changes?
oh wait, not, that's not true, they already managed that with SD support and more recently, lockscreen music controls to name a few...

Gwanatu T

solved what problem? the one where people weren't begging and pleading enough for Google to roll back changes?
oh wait, not, that's not true, they already managed that with SD support and more recently, lockscreen music controls to name a few...

SD card support hasn't been changed in Lollipop, and neither has lockscreen music. Are you talking about music scrubbing?

VoxPop

For your first question, all you have to do is activate the old sim card. Check if you can do it online, if not just call in to do it. Definitely shouldn't have to go into a store for that.

As for your second question, I live in Canada so I honestly don't know but I thought verizon was only CDMA but because the iphone is an LTE phone I think it actually would work on verizon. Don't take my word for it though. An american will have to answer that one.

Cool, thanks. I guess I'll try checking online.

So whats the next great Android device to be released? Z4?

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
What's the best, free or otherwise, 3rd party camera app? I'm looking for something a bit more...extensive to compliment the....minimalist camera app on my Droid Turbo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom