• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT6| Huawei or the iWay [Nobody Reads Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.
How are sales of the iPhones going at your Canadian carrier by the way?

pretty good. 6S outselling 6S+ by a huuuuuuge margin but that's probably because the prices in Canada are insane. BUT 6S sales at the carrier I'm at are less than 6 but again, our dollar is so bad the phones are like 500-600 bucks on a 2 year term. Notably higher than this same time last year.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I can't believe the timing of this event. It is terrible.

Pachimari

Hearing that Galaxy S6 Edge has a crap battery, makes me really consider the iPhone 6S (not the plus), and sacrifice IR blaster, heart beat sensor and Samsung Pay.

Mindwipe

That's because there is no rebranding. It was a CM theme that changed the branding in the Play Store.

And I like Google Play.

They should update the logo though...

(Also please please do something that enables top level navigation between the stores. Getting from app updates to music is horrible.

HTC introduces new One M9+ with 21MP camera, Laser AF and OIS
HTC-One-M9-Plus-New.jpg
http://www.fonearena.com/blog/15875...one-m9-with-21mp-camera-laser-af-and-ois.html

hitgirl

I hope they release phones for sale after the even, would rather watch and decide then have to make the decision for which one.

reKon

Banned
I care about the large top and bottom bezel size, stupid finger print placement, 16 GB base model, and possibly the price, more than the 2 GB of RAM.

Both have 2GB RAM, both have a 1080p display, the M7 starts at 32GB storage, the Nexus most definitely has a better camera and battery life, a fingerprint scanner, usb type c, and the snapdragon 808 is significantly better than the 600 in the M7. I'd say that's a pretty great upgrade over the M7.

big upgrade yes

Thanks guys, I think I'm getting excited :)

I swear to god if Canada is really excluded I'm going to get really upset.

Pachimari

I'm thinking of going with something cheaper, if none of this years flagship phones does anything for me.

What a great way to punish yourself. :p Didn't you want a phone with a good battery?

Yeah, I want one with a good battery. But then again, this one have a finger print reader, IR blaster, a very nice screen, a unique front design one of the best cameras on the current market. The only cons I can find about it, is the back of the design which makes it a little uncomfortable in the hand, and the bad battery.

it does have one, that's what that thing is on the bottom.

I stand corrected, welcome to 2015 HTC.

I have an HTC ONE M7, beautiful phone with design still holding up really well. Having said that, I think HTC should have continued to pioneer smartphone design as they did with the M7. Too bad they stayed conservative and didn't disrupt the market. The camera has always been awful on my phone.

I would personally prefer the Nexus 6, just for the software alone and dual front facing speakers.

What a great way to punish yourself. :p Didn't you want a phone with a good battery?

I'd love to get one, but I fear that it's a bit too big for me. But maybe I just have to use one for a while and adjust to it. I could get a blue Nexus 6 for 389 and a white one for 399.

I'm really desperate. I love my Nexus 5. It's fast as ever, the user experience itself is pretty good, but the battery is annoying and wireless charging is a bit iffy, due to the cheap build quality. Google fucking up the 5X really threw me off a little. All I can do now is hope that 6.0 does affect the battery life in a positive way and that more manufacturers come out with Qi-enabled phones next year (mainly Sony).

And I'm really sorry to annoy everyone here with my hard on for Qi charging, but it's the feature for me. I hate, hate, hate fumbling around with cables and having the plugs everywhere. No Type-C or Quick Charging would change that for me. I realize that not a lot of people use it here, but wireless charging is to me what IR blasters are to other people. It's just awesome.

Google Translate:

Strong camera with excellent image quality in all conditions
The Nexus 12.3-megapixel backside camera is perfect for outdoor photography, but mostly show your skills in an unfavorable light conditions. The larger 1.55μm pixels can be processed more light, so the camera 6P Nexus prepares detailed and sharp images even in low light conditions. In addition, users of 4K video, and high-frame-rate slow-motion footage can use it. Google Camera application allows you to quickly start the camera, the Google Photos app-pal is easily viewed on photos taken. The Nexus 6P 8MP camera's front panel, and Google's innovative technology, HDR + has so szelfikészítésre suitable.

Availability
The Nexus 6P first time in more than 30 countries such as the United States, Canada, Germany, the United Kingdom, Ireland and Japan will also be available as from 29 September through the Google Store. In Hungary, the device is expected to be available at the end of the year.

Canada! Rejoice, Pyro.

The device can be connected to the new C-type USB connector (USB Type C) in any direction of the cable, and also includes a quick charger, which can charge the phone for up to seven hours of usage time even after charging 10 minutes.

Also, that sounds faster than Quick Charge 2.0 to me. Am I wrong?

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
The USD usually gives it away, but I understand coming from Android it's hard to read

Pic hadnt loaded in or wasn't posted till I refreshed.

You can continue to be an asshole though. That's your mo. I shouldn't expect any less from you.

thuway

The only way I'd get this is if it were sold on contract through ATT. Also I hope the camera sets a benchmark that hump is huge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom