• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT6| Huawei or the iWay [Nobody Reads Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.
This plus the if it's sold on carriers will determine my purchase.

I've come to the conclusion that it's being sold on canadian carriers specifically because our shitty dollar makes the phone way too expensive to get subsidized. I know of at least 2 Canadian carriers who will have it. Not sure if any of them have backed out since then but I'm preeeeety sure.

Sounds like american carriers aren't getting it? You never know though.

thuway

I've come to the conclusion that it's being sold on canadian carriers specifically because our shitty dollar makes the phone way too expensive to get subsidized. I know of at least 2 Canadian carriers who will have it. Not sure if any of them have backed out since then but I'm preeeeety sure.

Sounds like american carriers aren't getting it?
You never know though.
Why?! :(

And once more a company has clearly based the Australian price of the European one (1099 AUD when a direct conversion from US is ~930). That's a lotta moolah for a phone thats not basically perfect. The only thing more expensive and comparable is the iPhone 6S Plus.

It's £450 in UK (same taxes and shit) which would be €607 with these exchange rates. 650 is just bullshit, it's more than flagship Samsung and Sony phones.

original.jpg

$204/$232 with better specs than the 5X. Flash Cyanogen and good to go.

don't see FP/NFC in that spec sheet

hitgirl

Ok so should I get the 6P? I thought the Nexus 6 was way too big / heavy, I thought the Moto X Pure was slightly too big but mostly too heavy. I can put up with the 6P, as long as it's like lighter than the Moto X Pure..

Rengoku

Ok so should I get the 6P? I thought the Nexus 6 was way too big / heavy, I thought the Moto X Pure was slightly too big but mostly too heavy. I can put up with the 6P, as long as it's like lighter than the Moto X Pure..

According to the leaks, the 6P is around 178g, which is around the same as the Moto X Pure (179g).

I'm seriously just considering getting an Xplay on the cheaps and just using it for a couple months. Max until new nexus phones are out. That battery is too good though. It'll make going to any flagship next year hard considering they'll almost all assuredly have worse battery. Or I keep using my iphone until maybe the S7.

I had my heart set on going back to android around this time. Bah.

Hmm. I think that price puts it over the threshold for import processing here. Yeah it does. That's not a huge deal price wise but it'll delay delivery significantly. That's ... less than awesome.

gcubed

I'm seriously just considering getting an Xplay on the cheaps and just using it for a couple months. Max until new nexus phones are out. That battery is too good though. It'll make going to any flagship next year hard considering they'll almost all assuredly have worse battery. Or I keep using my iphone until maybe the S7.

i can't believe the conversion, i have no idea the reason, unless they are taking a loss again in the US in order to further project FI... and if they are doing it for project FI, i would hope for some good news on that front... like adding ATT to the network compatible list.

popeutlal

Why do most Android phones have terrible battery life? Is had to be software related, maybe there needs to be a system level feature where you have an option to stop all background process except for the select few.

reKon

Banned
Why do most Android phones have terrible battery life? Is had to be software related, maybe there needs to be a system level feature where you have an option to stop all background process except for the select few.

They don't. There are a ton that give better battery life than the iPhone. With that said, with Android unfortunately a settings on one app or a bad bug can make things go to shit. I personally don't know what that looks like as the two phones that I've been using have the best battery life I've ever seen and they happen to be top phones in terms of battery life.

hitgirl

Whoa, dat turn. You might not get a Nexus after all this... Do what I did, get a Moto X 2014 to return it, Nexus 6 to return it, and Moto X pure to return it. All in the same month. Good way to spend your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom