• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT6| Huawei or the iWay [Nobody Reads Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.

HawkeyeIC

Just looking at the specs and price, I forgot how big the 6P is. Similar to the Note 5 in size I'm assuming if I need to test something out (biggest phone owned is a 2013 Moto X)?

kinggroin

Banned
The hate doesn't bother me. The Nexus screen is horrible unless you flash a custom kernel that has color controls so you can fix what Motorola did to the screen. Go look at it in a store compared to any other flagship phone and get back to me.

I own it and have used, owned, whatever else with nearly every flagship since its release. The out-of-box calibration is warmer than other device launching that year, and saturation is pumped too high.

That doesn't make the screen garbage. That makes Motorola incompetent at calibration; similar to your ability to properly convey this point.

Edit: As for piss yellow white balance, you outta check the anandtech review. It's closer to the reference 6500k temp than the lauded N5 and about tied with it in greyscale.

It's absolutely weak points out the box are over saturation and brightness (both of which can be fixed...but eh, moto should nail these from the start).

That doesn't make the screen garbage. That makes Motorola incompetent at calibration; similar to your ability to properly convey this point.

Edit: As for piss yellow white balance, you outta check the anandtech review. It's closer to the reference 6500k temp than the lauded N5 and about tied with it in greyscale.

No, what makes the screen garbage is thickness of phone, oled burn in, and poor battery life, all of which are signs of an inefficient screen. It's cool if you like companies that use outdated tech and charge modern day prices like Motorola and Nintendo though.

ty_hot

I don't know when but my gf's Nexus 7 was updated, 5.1. Only noticed some changes in the apps menu (or whatever it is the name), you can just scroll through it up and down (not change 'pages') and on the top it shows the last apps you downloaded. A lot better than it was before.

Nexus 7 2012 didn't get this update so I guess it wont get nothing more while N7 2013 will probably also get the Android 6 soon. Yay!

How big of an upgrade (if any) will the Nexus 5X be over my HTC M7? I would be OK with 16gig storage.

I feel like my M7 has gotten super slow the past month or two. I wish I could fix the slowness.

kinggroin

Banned
No, what makes the screen garbage is thickness of phone, oled burn in, and poor battery life, all of which are signs of an inefficient screen. It's cool if you like companies that use outdated tech and charge modern day prices like Motorola and Nintendo though.

You sound like a lunatic at this point.

I mean, you're the guy who's known as a OPO stan, and you're giving me poop for correcting your hyperbole? Cmon dude.

Now you've reached a point where you're spouting false hoods and more exaggerations to back up a hyperbolic claim. It's not a thick phone (heck, it ain't even uniform), burn-in can happen to any OLED display (even the god-tier Sammy's), and it doesn't get poor battery life. I mean, by your measurement - two of those things apply to the Galaxy S6! A phone with what's widely considered to be one of if not the best displays out.

Back to the N6 - it is an older version of the display tech relative to its release year (similar to the note 3), for sure. The phone was also overpriced by about $150, no question. None of those support your original claim of the display being "garbage".

I mean, lets reserve that term for actual garbage displays no? Let me tell you, I've seen them. Even on expensive phones.

Also, outside of the ancient Droid X (which everyone owned) the N6 is the only Motorola phone I bought.

And wtf does Nintendo have to do with this? I'm primarily a PC gamer, you boob. Plenty in here can vouch for this (though I have a soft spot for Nintendo's SOFTWARE, I still own every damn console out).

You dun goofed bilbobrazil

You sound like a lunatic at this point.

I mean, you're the guy who's known as a OPO stan, and you're giving me poop for correcting your hyperbole? Cmon dude.

Now you've reached a point where you're spouting false hoods and more exaggerations to back up a hyperbolic claim. It's not a thick phone (heck, it ain't even uniform), burn-in can happen to any OLED display (even the god-tier Sammy's), and it doesn't get poor battery life. I mean, by your measurement - two of those things apply to the Galaxy S6! A phone with what's widely considered to be one of if not the best displays out.

Back to the N6 - it is an older version of the display tech relative to its release year (similar to the note 3), for sure. The phone was also overpriced by about $150, no question. None of those support your original claim of the display being "garbage".

I mean, lets reserve that term for actual garbage displays no? Let me tell you, I've seen them. Even on expensive phones.

Also, outside of the ancient Droid X (which everyone owned) the N6 is the only Motorola phone I bought.

And wtf does Nontendo have to do with this? I'm primarily a PC gamer, you boob. Plenty in here can voucb for this (though I have a soft spot for Nintendo's SOFTWARE, I still own every damn console out).

You dun goofed bilbobrazil

your groin has been pulled, seek medical attention

Your face is made in china.

:p

eddie-murphy-gif.gif

This thread is like reading a script about a big, fucked up Tyler Perry movie family.

I think this is what happens when it's a bad year for Android phones. Atleast Nexus release is tomorrow. Can't wait to order mine. I know someone will find a secret link somewhere on google's site to order though and it will be sold out before I see it lol. Gonna be refreshing like crazy tomorrow morning.

13 million phones in one weekend.
Yeah, I know, nuts.

Yes they do here. At my company iPhone launch is treated as a huge internal project given tonnes of attention. This never happens for any other phone. The only other one I can think of that gets a quarter of the same treatment is Samsung phones but only the flagship S line.
That's crazy. To be expected, though.

and what the fuck does that even have to do with bad displays??
Exactly.

I think this is what happens when it's a bad year for Android phones. Atleast Nexus release is tomorrow. Can't wait to order mine. I know someone will find a secret link somewhere on google's site to order though and it will be sold out before I see it lol. Gonna be refreshing like crazy tomorrow morning.
Yeah, this year hasn't been too hot. I'm sure next will be much better though!

Nexus launches are destined to be fuck ups. The only Google device launches that weren't fuck ups were non-Nexus products.

Yeah, I know, nuts.

That's crazy. To be expected, though.

Exactly.

Yeah, this year hasn't been too hot. I'm sure next will be much better though!

Nexus launches are destined to be fuck ups. The only Google device launches that weren't fuck ups were non-Nexus products.

Next year will be great with Snapdragon 820. Gotta have hope. I'm just hoping this Nexus launch isn't like the 6 launch where they only had like 1000 phones for sale when it went up.

SimleuqiR

Next year will be great with Snapdragon 820. Gotta have hope. I'm just hoping this Nexus launch isn't like the 6 launch where they only had like 1000 phones for sale when it went up.

Yesterday's disappointed will guarantee that I can get my hands on a Nexus 5x 32 Gig.

:)

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
No one here is allowed to order an N6P until I order mine. All you scrubs hated it until like 72 hours ago. Fair weather fans.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
You're all scumbags. Get a One Plus. It's far more fitting for you guys.

kami_sama

Meh all the USB Type-C cables on Amazon look like shit.

Th best one for me it's the OP one. Reversible on both ends, sturdy and can't tangle. Edit: It seems that they are almost thrice the price of the ones at the op website.

Also, what the heck just happened in the thread.

XBP

So if 32GB 6p is 499, is it fair to expect the 128GB to be 699? That is a pretty decent price considering the amount of storage space.

npa189

This thread makes me glad I jumped off the nexus train. iOS may be boring, but at least apple doesn't shit the bed on hardware.

I'm ready guys. I don't even know if i should sleep.
Heh, i even rescheduled my workday to leave earlier today, to be at home just in time for that event/the F5 marathon in this thread and on the play store.

And now i won't be able to even preorder anything, because i live in *Google eyes* unimportant and second tier country Germany *Google eyes*.
Always fascinating, how such a big global player like Google acts like a startup from China (no offense) with worldwide operations ... and even chinese startups are better atm.

But i am sure, supporting the EU's no. 1 smartphone market, Ireland, had a priority...

I'm ready guys. I don't even know if i should sleep.
Sleep! If you don't, you're gonna end up dozing off at the exact moment stuff goes up for preorder. And while sleep, you'll have a dream where you're strapped to a chair just out of finger's reach of your PC with an anthropomorphic Nexus laughing in your face and giving you the bird as you're forced to watch the Google Store buckle under its own weight and the preorder button slowly turn into a unclickable "Sold Out".

You're welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom