• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT6| Huawei or the iWay [Nobody Reads Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Google's presentation room is kind of embarassing

bHpkLxy.jpg

UrbanRats

Thanks for the help y'all.

Regarding Plex, is there a way to simply use my router/internal network? It's asking me to pay to listen to more than 1 minute, and i'd understand if i was going through their servers, but i don't care about that really, i mostly want to use the tablet at home, when i can't use my PC for whatever reason.

I have the ASUS T100 tablet (with full windows 8 on it), and on that one, you just need to set up a network connection through the router like you would with a PC, i thought Plex was doing something similar?

Not really about the money of course (it's like 5 bucks) but that i don't want to be downloading videos and music from their cloud, while i'm in the house.
Especially since here a simple light rain can't disconnect me from the internet.

Pachimari

I just set up Google Photos for the first time, and to upload new photos, but how do I upload pictures already in my local gallery to Photos?

So Canada isn't shafted from the 5x eh. But 500 bucks for the base.... Not sure it's worth it over the x play or something which is 100 less. I guess reviews will be out by then.

Only keeping whatever I get for a year or less. Decisions.

Pachimari

I really wonder what the 6P will cost with taxes included here in Scandinavia. €800 for 64GB?

I believe there is an option in the app settings to backup everything to Google Photos web.

Hala Madrid!
Hmm, I couldn't find anything. I'll look again thanks. :)

Hala Madrid!

They could just leave a release elsewhere behind, really. Google is so fucking incompetent in this regard, it's embarassing.

Skip year for me, but i'm not sure if i ever get a Nexus device again ... i just can't handle that massive US boner Google has, while ignoring the rest of the world.
Good job Google.

EmiPrime

I'm buying a Chromecast audio now. Or whenever the Google Store starts working again.

Will wait for 5X and 6P camera reviews and see if there are any common manufacturing defects before making a decision there.

Does the 5x have the photo burst thing that the 6p has? Can't remember them saying if it did.

Was hoping it was going to be a little cheaper, that way i could've kept my nexus 4 as my back up... Looks like I may sell it and put it towards the 32gb 5x

Pachimari

I think it will take too long of a time, for the 6P to come to Scandinavia, so might just go with another phone which is unfortunate. The only Nexus phone I have owned were the Galaxy Nexus, and only for 1-2 months.

EmiPrime

Screw it, I'll wait for Amazon to put them up seeing as the Google Store checkout is dead. At least then I won't have to pay postage.

kharma45

Yep, I was in for a 5X but not at those prices. Especially compared to how much/little the US are paying.

Not sure whether to just keep my Z3 Compact or look at alternatives now.

Aye the prices outside the US are a joke. I know it includes VAT for us but even still.

Jzero

Alright so my haul is

1 x Nexus 6P Graphite 64GB - Delivery: October 30 - November 3
1 x Coral Chromecast 2 - Delivery: October 7 - 14

Wait what?

The official specification pages for the Nexus 5X and 6P are live:
http://www.google.com/nexus/5x/
http://www.google.com/nexus/6p/
If you expand the full specifications on that page, they state "Single front-facing speaker" for the Nexus 5X and "Dual front-facing stereo speaker" for the Nexus 6P.
Remember, stereo front-facing speakers was the #1 defense for justifying the huge bezels on the Nexus 5X.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/3muvto/no_stereo_frontfacing_speakers_for_nexus_5x_6p/

This company is so useless.

EmiPrime

Yep, I was in for a 5X but not at those prices. Especially compared to how much/little the US are paying.

Not sure whether to just keep my Z3 Compact or look at alternatives now.

£380 is a huge mental hurdle for me given I paid £340 for the old Nexus 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom