• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT6| Huawei or the iWay [Nobody Reads Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
nexus-6p-8.jpg

Admodieus

That black strip at the top of the 6P - could it be to indicate where the NFC bit is for payments? Would make sense for it to be at the top of such a large phone, and the different coloring/height would make it easy to remember for even those not well versed with Android Pay.

I'm just gonna quote myself here to prove I called my shot

Maiar_m

The plus side of Europe getting the phones latter on is we'll have you guys test the waters first and take the brunt of the defective early units.

All things considered if the 6P is indeed 650€ I'll either keep my old N5 (N5X doesn't offer enough to switch) or buy a Z5C when it gets Marshmallow.

Corsick

I'm looking for a new phone and was curious about color options for the Note 5. I was hoping to get the platinum or silver colors but noticed they aren't in the states yet. Would this phone work fine on ATT? http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00WJE3B38/?tag=neogaf0e-20

My only problem with it is that I have a good discount with ATT. So buying it from Amazon would forego that, I was also wondering if anyone knew if ATT would start carrying other colors besides white and black as I'm nonplussed by both. Thanks!

Admodieus

Just pulled the trigger on a 64GB Graphite Nexus 6P. The impressions about the camera pushed me over the top. Kudos to Google for figuring out how to keep the store up during the launch madness, and having (seemingly) enough stock.

Just pulled the trigger on a 64GB Graphite Nexus 6P. The impressions about the camera pushed me over the top. Kudos to Google for figuring out how to keep the store up during the launch madness, and having (seemingly) enough stock.

Nice choice. You got the best color. Since its a month out now they probably aren't making them until people order anyway and without having to allocate stock to retailers its even easier to keep in stock.

Admodieus

Nice choice. You got the best color. Since its a month out now they probably aren't making them until people order anyway and without having to allocate stock to retailers its even easier to keep in stock.

Yeah, that seems to be their game plan this time and I like it. Doesn't artificially hamstring sales.

Hattori

Banned
did you get charged right away?

Maiar_m

I just did this for myself and I thought it could be of use to other Euro-zoners.

LG N5X - Starts at 480€ - Low RAM, average build
Huawei N6P - Starts at 650€ - Expensive, huge screen
LG G4 - Starts at 450€ - Large screen, questionable design, non-stock
OPT - Starts at 400€ - Questionable company, non-stock, need an invite, huge screen
Sony Z5C - Starts at 600€ - Overpriced, smaller screen, non-stock
Samsung S6 - Starts at 500€ - Non-stock, poor battery life
Moto X style - Starts at 500€ - Large screen, no fingerprint, average battery + design

I'm leaving the X Play out for now as it's not available. Basically making the list convinced me I'm not buying a 5X for that much.

DagsJT

I just did this for myself and I thought it could be of use to other Euro-zoners.

OPT - Starts at 400€ - Questionable company, non-stock, need an invite, huge screen
Moto X style - Starts at 500€ - Large screen, no fingerprint, average battery + design

I'm leaving the X Play out for now as it's not available. Basically making the list convinced me I'm not buying a 5X for that much.

Which are you favouring?

kami_sama

I'm in the same train as you. I think I'll go for the OPT, as much as we hate the company, the product is solid.

Maiar_m

Which are you favouring?

None. I'll wait it out at this point and ditch my N5 when it really needs ditching. I think the N6P would be fun to have but there's really no justifying that price in Europe when its got competition with much higher reselling value and brand recognition at lower or slightly higher price points.

clav

I thought people wrote off the 6P because of the 810 overheating issues?

I'm going to wait to see how much of a difference the revised 810 makes.

So all canadian carriers are carrying the 6P lol. Wish I liked huge phones, I'd use my upgrade on it I think for $199. Actually I should probably save the upgrade for something toting an 820 but still. The graphite is nice.

Onto 2016 :p

Quasar

Well. Dunno what I'm going to do. The crashing Australian dollar make even the 16gb 5x substantially more than I wanted to spend. Might just have to wait and see if a more a affordable 6.0 phone with a fingerprint reader appears in the 1h of next year.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
No Band 12 is a bummer - and quite odd, since it has the hardware for it. You'd think Tmo would be pimping this phone, knowing their relationship with the Nexus series

Well. Dunno what I'm going to do. The crashing Australian dollar make even the 16gb 5x substantially more than I wanted to spend. Might just have to wait and see if a more a affordable 6.0 phone with a fingerprint reader appears in the 1h of next year.
yeah man wait it out, that australian price is way too crazy for that phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom