• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT6| Huawei or the iWay [Nobody Reads Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I bought a 64GB white N6P because there are no 32GB for white. That's absurd. It didn't sell out because I ordered immediately. It just isn't an option.

It also ships later than the other colors. Weak.

Btw Pyro, don't you already have an iPhone 6?

It's a terrible value here in Europe. It was the same with the Nexus 6. I payed 700 euros for mine - huge mistake.

yes I do. And I just bought an X play unlocked off of someone for 380. Bless.

I get bored really easily if you can't tell. For me owning a phone for 1 year is insanity. I'll use the X play to transition to android and as my daily driver for a couple months. And then I'll get whatever 2016 flagship is the beastest and not for giants.

And yes I'm aware I'm going from an iphone 6 to a mix of mid-range/high end with the x play LOL. #theAndroidLife #Don'tEvenCare #fuckgoogle #nofingerprintmakesmesadbutwhatever #battery

I'm taking one for the team on this one (I've actually used it a lot at work and overall it's great for the canadian price).

The phones aren't even out until the end of the month. Chill.

I just don't want it to be like it was for the Nexus 6 and come out 7 months later. They knew this phone was coming out and would need certification so I don't see why Google can't come out and say yes it will come in a future update.

yes I do. And I just bought an X play unlocked off of someone for 380. Bless.

I get bored really easily if you can't tell. For me owning a phone for 1 year is insanity. I'll use the X play to transition to android and as my daily driver for a couple months. And then I'll get whatever 2016 flagship is the beastest and not for giants.

And yes I'm aware I'm going from an iphone 6 to a mix of mid-range/high end with the x play LOL. #theAndroidLife #Don'tEvenCare #fuckgoogle #nofingerprintmakesmesadbutwhatever #battery

I'm taking one for the team on this one (I've actually used it a lot at work and overall it's great for the canadian price).

Sucks to pay dem Canada prices.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I'm casually interested in the Pixel C. Maxwell is big jump over the shit in the Tegra K1. Plus moving to 3 gigs of RAM should (in theory) fix any of the legacy RAM issues the N9 suffers from.

Jzero

I bought a 64GB white N6P because there are no 32GB for white. That's absurd. It didn't sell out because I ordered immediately. It just isn't an option.

It also ships later than the other colors. Weak.

didn't know different colors shipped at different times. I'm guessing the plain aluminum version ships first.

3phemeral

So with Android Pay, how do I use a non-default payment method?
The only way to change it is by changing the default. Long press and drag the card you want as the default. Google wallet functioned the same only it took a few more steps to change the default.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
didn't know different colors shipped at different times. I'm guessing the plain aluminum version ships first.
Yeah, the aluminum one ships first. I put in an order for it, too, just in case. I think I'll cancel it.

It really sucks the white model doesn't come in 32GB. White must be the rarest model. I'll pony up the extra $50 but I'm not happy about it.

Jzero

Yeah, the aluminum one ships first. I put in an order for it, too, just in case. I think I'll cancel it.

It really sucks the white model doesn't come in 32GB. White must be the rarest model. I'll pony up the extra $50 but I'm not happy about it.

So it ships Silver --> Graphite --> White ?

No wonder mine doesn't get delivered until October 30 - November 3

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER

Yeah I would have been fine with 32 but I really wanted White.

Wondering if Nexus Protect is really worth it. 89 plus a 79 dollar deductible. I bought it but might cancel. Any thoughts?

hitgirl

Yeah I would have been fine with 32 but I really wanted White.

Wondering if Nexus Protect is really worth it. 89 plus a 79 dollar deductible. I bought it but might cancel. Any thoughts?

I thought about this.. depends on what type of person you are. If you're on the go, travel a lot, go out drinking a lot, like to get rowdy. I'd definitely get the protection plan, it's a smart investment. If you stay home playing MGS 5 and reading GAF, then it doesn't seem like soemthing you might need.

Koko

Banned
Wonder If I fucked up by placing the Chromecast and the 5X in the same order and I won't get the Chromecast until they shipped the phone.

SSGMUN10000

Connoisseur Of Tedium
I placed an order for Moto X Pure right after the conference because I did not want to wait several weeks for a 6P. Then my conscious got the best of me and also ordered a 6P this evening. GAF I have no idea what I want.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
I thought for sure they were going to drop the price of the N6 today but nope, still $599 on the Google store.

I placed an order for Moto X Pure right after the conference because I did not want to wait several weeks for a 6P. Then my conscious got the best of me and also ordered a 6P this evening. GAF I have no idea what I want.
If you're gonna go big then get a 6p. The answer is in the title.

cube444

Why would Google even do that? Makes no sense. I had zero hope for this phone judging by the leaks but have to admit that I was really impressed with what I saw today. Only thing stopping me from ordering it is the overall size of the phone. I currently own a Nexus 5 that I bought 2 years ago.

Vanillalite

Considering my router is real close to my TV I'm trying to figure out if I really need to upgrade my chromecast. Wireless AC is baller and all, but it's not like I have trouble streaming with my current model.

I'll probably pass on the new model until the old model either craps out or goes obsolete. That or the new model goes on sale for like $20.

As it stands it casts HBO Go, Netflix, and Google Music just fine.

Toki767

Considering my router is real close to my TV I'm trying to figure out if I really need to upgrade my chromecast. Wireless AC is baller and all, but it's not like I have trouble streaming with my current model.

I'll probably pass on the new model until the old model either craps out or goes obsolete. That or the new model goes on sale for like $20.

As it stands it casts HBO Go, Netflix, and Google Music just fine.

What is even the difference between the Chromecast models? Just the new one plays games mostly?

Bboy AJ

As of right now you can still order every version of the 6P except the white 32gb. I wonder if sales are slow?
You can order but new orders have later shipping dates. So it's not like things have sat. Apple does it this way, too.

So it ships Silver --> Graphite --> White ?

No wonder mine doesn't get delivered until October 30 - November 3
I think Silver and Graphite are on the same timeline. It's just White that's special.

Bboy AJ

Well, it's supposed to be a lot faster and maintain connection. They demoed apps loading on it much faster. I don't think that's an AC thing.

Vanillalite

Zenfone 2 looks even better after today. $300 gets you 64 gigs of space and 4 gigs of RAM vs the 5X that's more expensive for less space and RAM.

Lunar FC

I thought this new 'what's on' feature in the chromecast update was going to bring in all my subscriptions and likes from various services. But instead just shows me random stuff I couldn't care less about. Wackola.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom