• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT6| Huawei or the iWay [Nobody Reads Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah paying 600 bucks for the 5X in canada just isn't worth it. And that's for the 16gb btw lol.

I guess if I get ANY phone to tide me over to 2016 flagships it'll be the x play. May just stick with my iphone a while longer.

Maybe the s7 will be out in Feb like the rumours and blow minds (lol).

reKon

Banned
Yeah paying 600 bucks for the 5X in canada just isn't worth it. And that's for the 16gb btw lol.

I guess if I get ANY phone to tide me over to 2016 flagships it'll be the x play. May just stick with my iphone a while longer.

Maybe the s7 will be out in Feb like the rumours and blow minds (lol).

you said earlier that you buy what you want. If you don't want anything, then why force yourself to buy? Just wait until there's really phone that you want..

Anyway, my haul is pretty simple:

128GB Aluminum Nexus 6P

Giving me an estimated delivery of Oct 27-28.

Lucky delivery date. About a week earlier than my expected 6P delivery. Guess not as much demand for the 128gb. I'm surprised they are still up. Guess they got more stock this year.

There's also a comment underneath of that one talking about the fast-charging claims...lol

Another interesting difference in claims is that for fast charging, the 5X advertises:
And it's fast—get almost four hours of use after only ten minutes of charging.
For the 6P:
And it's fast — get up to seven hours of use after only ten minutes of charging.

VoxPop

My thoughts on the event after the hype settled down

5x - Meh, budget phone release.

6p - Confirmed the leaks. First great Android in a while hardware wise. Love the massive battery and hoping the camera is decent.

Chromecast - Love it. Casting games is awesome (Monopoly!). Especially at $35.

Chromecast Audio - Lol.

Pixel C - Upon review, it's a regular Android tablet with a keyboard attachment accessory priced the same as an iPad. No thanks.

Moshmalluh - Unimpressed.

roytheone

Starts at €479 for 16GB

Jesus, I was interested at the 5X because I am looking for a new phone in the 300-400 € range, is that thing really so expensive here (the Netherlands)? There are a ton of phones with the same or even better specs for much, much less. Isn't the price-quality ratio of this phone incredibly bad?

EmiPrime

Single speaker on the 5X is a real kick in the teeth. I still think it's a decent phone but not at those £ and € prices. It's £100 more than it should be.

Huawei or the iWay indeed.

Wow at those UK prices. Unless you absolutely, positively, cannot live without stock Android then I'm not sure why anyone would consider a 5x at £339.

Shame.

I'm getting more excited about Android M now that they've announced it will open up voice controls for 3rd party apps.

If it comes to my favorite apps like Pocket Casts I'd be really happy, it'd make listening to and controlling podcasts and music from my car a lot easier.

Now I just have to hope that Samsung and AT&T don't drag their feet about releasing it on my Note 4... but I know they'll take their sweet time. :(

Groof

That 5x really is a joke.

Since neither the X Play or 6p will be available here for a while I'll just wait for reviews on the 6p and then decide. Pricing in Sweden wasn't that bad but still shit.

CronoShot

I don't think they're charging you, just placing a temporary authorization on your card. They outright say they won't actually charge you until it ships.

I don't think they're charging you, just placing a temporary authorization on your card. They outright say they won't actually charge you until it ships.

Ah so it's going to stay pending for a month?

Also, it has a notification led!

THANK YOU GOOGLE
THANK YOU GOOGLE
THANK YOU GOOGLE

roytheone

Alright, now that the 5x is no longer an option, these are the phones I am considering:

Galaxy S5
Moto X play
Honor 7

They all are around € 350 here in the Netherlands. Anything that I should know about those three options?

Money is already gone from my account.

Ouch, I used my credit card and it just shows as pending and hasn't been added to my balance yet.

The thing I want the absolute most on the iPhone. Based Google/Blackberry.

Yeah, one of the reasons I can't go Iphone.

Has anyone heard anything about wifi calling or volte on T-Mobile? It doesn't mention it, but does mention band 12.

Also the 810 is clocked at 2.0 ghz

tumblr_m496qnIdxg1qd4xnro1_500.gif

kinggroin

Banned
$300 for GAFfers with a case and original accessories and box. PM me if interested. Going to get an iPhone. Done with Android.

Mint condition, unlocked.

awesome, but runs android as an OS. So a big pass

and quick charging on the new devices pushes 7 hours of battery in 15 minutes? Keep losing One Plus.

Battery should be a beast, especially with custom kernels. Dev community should be awesome on the 6P. Done with OnePlus probably forever since I'll just go on jump on demand when the Galaxy 7 launches if they are still allowing 3 upgrades a year.

Alright, now that the 5x is no longer an option, these are the phones I am considering:

Galaxy S5
Moto X play
Honor 7

They all are around € 350 here in the Netherlands. Anything that I should know about those three options?
Out of those i say the X Play. That battery.
you said earlier that you buy what you want. If you don't want anything, then why force yourself to buy? Just wait until there's really phone that you want..
I know but it's a sickness. I just want something new because who knows how long I'll have to wait in 2016 before something I like comes out lol. I'll see though. I definitely wont overspend on something I'm not sure I want. I'm still going to wait a couple weeks. It's either going to be X Play as a temp phone or nothing and wait.

reKon

Banned
My thoughts on the event after the hype settled down

5x - Meh, budget phone release.

6p - Confirmed the leaks. First great Android in a while hardware wise. Love the massive battery and hoping the camera is decent.

Chromecast - Love it. Casting games is awesome (Monopoly!). Especially at $35.

Chromecast Audio - Lol.

Pixel C - Upon review, it's a regular Android tablet with a keyboard attachment accessory priced the same as an iPad. No thanks.

Moshmalluh - Unimpressed.

Nvidia X1 though..

hitgirl

Meh. Got the 5x. I wanted a smaller phone with a fingerprint scanner in the us that wasn't Verizon branded and would be easy to root. 5x seemed like the logical answer, not going to sweat the small stuff.

No point now. would take 5 days to get the money back

and it really is BS it even says in the email you get charged on shipping

Yeah, hoping it's just a hold like stated above.

Will be very interesting to see how the 810 performs in the phone. OnePlus had to downclock it to 1.8 ghz to get it to run somewhat normally and it still gets hot. The phone being entirely metal though might help with heat.

tzare

Galaxy S5
Moto X play
Honor 7

Honor or s5,especially if you can find the sd805 version. X play sd 615... lol no unless you only care about battery life

Pd. Chrome cast 39€ 😡

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom