• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT6| Huawei or the iWay [Nobody Reads Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.
So does the 5X have a notification LED as well? I wonder if google will move toward something like the way Moto handles notifications but I don't believe Marshmallow has that.

Saiyan-Rox

Over a month till it ships seems crazy. I don't remember how long previous nexus wait was but not that long I don't think?

was next day when I ordered my N5 i think....but it was too long ago to remember. all Google have done is announce and allow pre-orders a month early the actual launch date for the Nexus didn't change which sucks.

Saiyan-Rox

Yeah, hoping it's just a hold like stated above.

Will be very interesting to see how the 810 performs in the phone. OnePlus had to downclock it to 1.8 ghz to get it to run somewhat normally and it still gets hot. The phone being entirely metal though might help with heat.

oh it's a hold and it'll go back in? i'm gonna have to be really careful not to forget about it but i'm glad if it does cause I have literally no money left now.

reKon

Banned
I sent my Xperia Z3 Compact and Sony received it on the 18th for repair under warranty and I've already got it back... (they actually attempted to deliver last week but I wasn't home).

So what are the chances that the actually repaired this because It seems like this might be a new phone? (maybe refurbished?)

I had some scratches in the back, which I think are all gone now...

But the part(s) replaced section shows that the front cover and back cover were replaced along with the a bunch of screws, which would explain that.

The only problem that I had with the phone was that the electronic charging port was loose from magnetic charging, but yet it says all these other parts were replaced.

Has anyone actually sent in a phone for repair under warranty? This was my first time and I'm 1/1 with no issues so far..

jtXqACHJuztUP.png

Trouble

Banned
Will be keeping a very close eye on the Pixel C. I need a new tablet so it is prolly this or the Surface Pro 4.

Unless some red flags pop up before launch I'm probably going to day 1 the Pixel C. My Nexus 10 is getting really flaky (
OK, it's always been flaky
) and the battery has gone to shit.

gcubed

Colors seem more vivid on the 6P though. I just hope its not another yellow screen on white backgrounds.

the colors on the main screen looked better IMO (the 5 looked a bit more washed out), but the white didn't look that great when they went to the app drawer or Now.

We will know soon enough

gcubed

I know. I've concluded paying 600 bucks for it is absolutely bonkers lol.

Just going to get something in the 300 or so range to last 6 months to a year (then use it as my backup android phone afterward). Or nothing.

vote Harper out and fix your economy so the exchange rate isn't absurd, or walk across the border and buy it before Trump puts up the great northern wall

roytheone

It's overpriced in some countries. Over here it's a fantastic buy, great value for the money.

Ugh, phone prices are so random. Some phones like the Z3 are still super expensive here in the Netherlands, but then there are phones like the X play that is only 350 € here, but is apparently more expensive in other countries? It makes asking for recommendations within your budget very hard.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Still can't believe this. 6P practically unaffordable in Germany, 5X a piece of shit and overpriced in comparison to actual flagships. What the hell. What phone am I going to buy now. Moto X Play seems to be the general concensus?

if you don't mind big phones it honestly seems like a great phone. I don't really see a worthy upgrade to it until the 820 nexus phone(s) next year. Or moto phones assuming they don't get weird.

And that's late in the year next year. But again that's if you don't mind huge phones :p

Still can't believe this. 6P practically unaffordable in Germany, 5X a piece of shit and overpriced in comparison to actual flagships. What the hell. What phone am I going to buy now. Moto X Play seems to be the general concensus?
X play is a solid mix of mid range and high end but it definitely won't be a phone to last you 2 years. If it's just a year then I say go for it.

Salex_

Yeah, might have to go with the 6P.

The black bar doesn't look nearly as hideous in the black version of the phone.

The 5X appears to be a colossal disappointment in almost every respect. Bummer.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
ap_resize.php

There has been much speculation about the Nexus 6P's big black glass bar. What does it do? Why is it so big? Why does it kind of look like a Cylon head? Well, the answer is that, unsurprisingly, it's just form following function. You see, because the 6P is predominantly made of aluminum, which acts as a reflector to various radio and other wireless signals in the device, there needs to be a place for antennas to send out their various signals. You can accomplish this with ceramic or plastic inserts like HTC or Apple, or you can construct portions of the phone from different materials (like glass) to help those precious wireless communiques get out.

The Nexus 6P's big glass window serves as a home for the rear camera, dual LED flash, laser autofocus module, NFC coil (yes, really), as well as an outlet for Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, and some mobile data connectivity. There is an additional plastic window along the bottom of the phone for the main cellular antenna, as well.

We got this information directly from Google, from a person working on the design of both Nexus devices, so it's legit. And that, ladies and gentlemen, is the story of the Nexus 6P's big, black bar (which is made of Gorilla Glass 4, by the way).

It feels like the 5X only serves to make the 6P look better like a girl taking her homely friend when looking for guys. It's not even really a budget phone either considering the 32GB version of each has less than a $100 difference.

Admodieus

Reviewing the bands for the 6P and it seems like it'll work on Verizon. I already have a nano SIM from my Moto X, I'm assuming I can just plug that into the 6P when I get it and not have to worry about Verizon blocking it?

Saiyan-Rox

Lord yes, I can't wait to have a less wide phone. And goodbye to that ugly ass blue back on my Nexus 6

verge-2016-09-29_10-18-43.0.jpg

I ordered the black and I have to say it looks nice in that picture

But then I look down and oh look miss matching blacks....fuck my OCD will be tormented by that

Wonder if these phones will be on Amazon in the near future.

Didn't the N6 show up on Amazon relatively close to the official launch on Google Play? Or am I imagining things?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom