• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT6| Huawei or the iWay [Nobody Reads Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aiii

So not worth it
Why in gods name does Sony have an NFC logo on the back of their phone.

So you know where to put your phone if you want to link it. With the Compact it probably doesn't matter, but my Z3 won't link with my Soundbar if I put the bottom of the phone to the Soundbar's NFC logo, I have to put it a bit higher.

Noema

One of the most annoying things about having 16GB is the amount of micromanagement you have to do even if you don't have a lot of apps or media.

Many apps tend to bloat to over half a gig. Biggest culprits are Facebook and Carousel for me.
TMW0xOI.png

rrvv

Why do so many people in the Android thread hate Android?

Because we want perfect phone but no phone is perfect so they always find a way to complain. Even if they are very nitpicking

I mean most of the conversation is simply "Phone 1 have feature A and Phone 2 have feature B. But I want phone that have A and B! therefore Phone 1 and Phone 2 sucks!!!"

Funny enough, original android selling point is "it offer many options!". Now we just want an android phone that rule all other phone.

kinggroin

Banned
Because we want perfect phone but no phone is perfect so they always find a way to complain. Even if they are very nitpicking

I mean most of the conversation is simply "Phone 1 have feature A and Phone 2 have feature B. But I want phone that have A and B! therefore Phone 1 and Phone 2 sucks!!!"

Funny enough, original android selling point is "it offer many options!". Now we just want an android phone that rule all other phone.

At this point, if there was an android phone that literally did everything and did it well, we wouldn't know what to do with ourselves.

Saiyan-Rox

16GB is more than fine for me since I stopped my crack flashing days. I just stream my music and listen to podcasts which take up minimal room and get deleted when a new one pops up.

Probably a minority but for me the storage is fine.

reKon

Banned

If we had the perfect phone and it ended up costing $600 off contract, people would still be bitching that it's too expensive.

Y'all must have killer data plans to stream all of your content.

T-Mobile Life

Personally I think 16GB's of storage is fine. I've used that much on previous iPhone's I have owned and am currently using it on my MotoX without any storage issues. That being said 16GB for $400 isn't acceptable at all. I'll wait until it is officially announced, but if that ends up being the case I'll hold out and hope the Nexus 6 goes on sale for $350 or something to try and discount them before the new one comes out or I'll just grab one on eBay.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
16 gigs is fucking TINY.

You gotta remember you are probably gonna end up with sub 10 gigs after the OS+ Standard Apps.

Then if you want to actually use the phone for shit while you own it space goes quick. Games, music, movies, pics, videos, podcasts, updates, random files ect.. ect.. Kill space.

I'm not saying you or the average user needs a 128 gig phone either. I think 32 gigs is the sweet spot.

And then the phone will constantly nag you that your memory is 75% full and you should move some data to the SD card. And won't let you dismiss the notification

Groof

Probably to make it obvious since Apple has been going the "Look look look Apple pay" and "If it's not an iPhone, it's not an iPhone" route lately.

Sony has been doing that since forever though. They take the treat your customer as a retard thing one step too far

The Gear S2 actually looks really great and being able to use it with any Android Phone is enough to get me interested. Unfortunately it'll probably cost way more than I want to pay for a smartwatch at the moment.

Unrelated, but I still can't get over the fact that Android Pay launches this year and what from I've gathered none of the Second-Generation watches are going to have NFC readers in them because whatever...

EmiPrime

This.

You don't spend the effort criticising something to try and make it better if you hate it.

And this.

Reading a load of complaints is still more tolerable than the "1GB RAM is fine" posts that used to pop up in iPhone threads up until recently.

Iacobellis

Yep, I am having to borrow my wife's iPhone 5 since I sent my Moto x 14 back and wait for the style, the battery life is terrible. Like, really really terrible. Idle time is ok but it runs down fast when being used, all phones will when they have to power a screen and iPhones are no different. Everyone I know in work by the way also have their iPhones permenently plugged into the wall.

For comparison, this iPhone needs to be charged at lunchtime and still goes to bed dead. My Moto x 14 didn't need to be charged during the day and would usually go to bed with about 15-20% remaining.

That's not necessarily an iPhone thing, but more of an iPhone 5 thing.

Whatever Apple did, they used some craptastic batteries in the 5. The calibration on mine was terrible, it drained way too quickly, and the device would shut off immediately if exposed to a drastic change in temperature. No other iPhone I owned (3G, 4, 4s, 6) did this.

Talon

SimleuqiR

It's Hua, not wa. It's kind of said quickly though so you don't necessarily hear the extra syllable. Kind of like how a u in Japanese is virtually silent.

Right
Every time I hear it said it sounds like "wa", but you are right...the u-a sound is supposed to be pronounced.

reKon

Banned
Can we talk about these Z5 prices?

http://9to5google.com/2015/09/03/sonys-new-xperia-phones-will-set-you-back-a-pretty-penny/

All alleged costs:
NO
Z5 Premium costs $1,070 in US dollars

BODY

Xperia Z5 costs $915

READS
The Z5 Compact costs $838 US.

These prices cannot stick for the US market because they far surpass Apple and Samsung prices.

Someone help me justify the cost of these devices.

My post from earlier in this thread:

Well I won't say that nobody reads because you clearly read and decided to ignore me anyways:

http://www.clove.co.uk/sony-xperia-z5-compact - preorder for now is £365.83 or $560

Like I said last year, both clove and handtec had preorder price drops. Here was the handtec one: http://blog.handtec.co.uk/pre-order-price-drop-sony-xperia-z3-and-z3-compact-limited-offer/ (£290)

The price didn't go back up either after launch. Therefore, nothing with the pricing is final and there's still a chance it goes lower than $560, but please carry on...

hitgirl

I'm actually considering keeping the Moto X 2nd gen I bought. Trying to decide if Moto X Pure is worth double the price. When I put it like that, I'm not sure it is.

How much extra bloatware comes on the Verizon Moto X vs Pure?

I'm actually considering keeping the Moto X 2nd gen I bought. Trying to decide if Moto X Pure is worth double the price. When I put it like that, I'm not sure it is.

How much extra bloatware comes on the Verizon Moto X vs Pure?

Eh, all the Verizon bloatware can be disabled. They're usually group of useless apps and the one you'll use(the data tracker)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom