• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT6| Huawei or the iWay [Nobody Reads Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if someone wants to stay out of the phablet range, what is the best choice between S6, One M9, 5X or any othet 5" inch phone? Each one has a big flaw: S6 has Sammy lag and bad battery, M9 has bad camera and overheating, 5X mid-range specs... Meanwhile, LG and Motorola have completely abandoned 5inch flagship phones.I would be so up for a G4 if it wasn't so huge. I currently have an Optimus G (4.7") and love its form factor, would like to get a slightly bigger phone (that's why I don't want a Z5C) but not a 5.5" one.

EmiPrime

So if someone wants to stay out of the phablet range, what is the best choice between S6, One M9, 5X or any othet 5" inch phone? Each one has a big flaw: S6 has Sammy lag and bad battery, M9 has bad camera and overheating, 5X mid-range specs... Meanwhile, LG and Motorola have completely abandoned 5inch flagship phones.I would be so up for a G4 if it wasn't so huge. I currently have an Optimus G (4.7") and love its form factor, would like to get a slightly bigger phone (that's why I don't want a Z5C) but not a 5.5" one.

Z5? It's 5.2".

HTC One M9 is the best phone of this year.

I did this on my nexus 9 but I don't remember how. How do I delete the most frequented apps bar at the top of the app drawer?

edit: NVM figured this out.

Hoping the Marshmallow factory images go up tomorrow....Hoping it has some magic for the N9

Come on Goog...
Do you mean for battery life?

Moto X 2014 IMO. Camera is meh and battery ain't superb, but something's gotta give. Alternatively you can get a Galaxy S5, but yea.

Pifje

S6 is a beast compared to those others.

Furyous

So, I've canceled both 5X and 6P preorders because I'm undecisive as shit. I just preordered the 5X again after discovering the flaws in the Z5C and Z5 with overheating and touch screen issues. Want the Ice version of the 5X and hope to be able to exchange the black version after the Ice shipping times dramatically decrease. What's Google's return policy?

Does Titanium Backup still require root? That's the only reason for me, iOS user, to convert. Is there anyway to convert GPC to actual money to decrease the cost of the device?

What is your delivery estimate for the 5X?

Saiyan-Rox

Might actually cancel the order from the play store and get it from Carphone warehouse instead

Just not sure if they take payment right away or wait like the play store does.

I did this on my nexus 9 but I don't remember how. How do I delete the most frequented apps bar at the top of the app drawer?

edit: NVM figured this out.

Do you mean for battery life?

Nope performance mainly. I know, wishful thinking.

LOL Carphone warehouse's live chat...dat Iphone tho

ME> "Hey I'm needing some information in regards to your pre-order system and and some info in regards to a phone's release date"

Them > "Sure, which iPhone are we talking about? Which colour and which storage size of iPhone?"

GS6

specs and price nowadays there is no other choice at that size.

So, I've canceled both 5X and 6P preorders because I'm undecisive as shit. I just preordered the 5X again after discovering the flaws in the Z5C and Z5 with overheating and touch screen issues. Want the Ice version of the 5X and hope to be able to exchange the black version after the Ice shipping times dramatically decrease. What's Google's return policy?

Does Titanium Backup still require root? That's the only reason for me, iOS user, to convert. Is there anyway to convert GPC to actual money to decrease the cost of the device?

Get both and sell the one you don't like.

What are good uses of widgets and other stuff Android has to offer for the Home Screen?

Despite being an Android user since Nexus 4, my Home screen is full of App Icons.

Pics please!

Milpool

Might actually cancel the order from the play store and get it from Carphone warehouse instead

Just not sure if they take payment right away or wait like the play store does.

I've been considering it too, they took the money right away last year when I pre-ordered a Nexus 6. At least they tried to, every time I order from there it gets blocked and flagged as suspicious by the credit card company.

Saiyan-Rox

That was before everyone outside the US was disappointed with the price.

Aye that's true.

I've been considering it too, they took the money right away last year when I pre-ordered a Nexus 6. At least they tried to, every time I order from there it gets blocked and flagged as suspicious by the credit card company.

I went for it and so far i've yet to get a conformation email or a charge...i'm concerned as the site says to contact them if I don't get an email....Grrrrr

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead

Reckoner

You should wait a bit. I've only seen the overheating report people posted in here about the Z5. I'll wait until there are more tests, especially from Btekt since they already received the Z5c and Z5 and a review and some tests should come out soon.

Kevyt

Alright, so I've been using my Moto X Pure continously for a more than 30 minutes now. Reading stuff on the internet and browsing gaf. With a monitoring app, the phone currently runs at 112°Fahrenheit or 44.4 celsius.

It definitely feels warm and there is a slowdown when browsing and even when typing. Laggy sort of type.

I am not really liking that it gets this hot. What's the normal temperature for phones when just browsing the internet? Phones are not supposed to get this hot while just doing something this simple right?

I think I'm going to return this phone... I've had it since Wednesday.

Reckoner

Moro has been a constant stream of failure since the first X. 2015, Turbo, Play, and Pure are all a joke in some crippling way.

Tbh, I think that the Turbo is probably their most interesting phone so far. I like the durable design and big ass battery.

Kevyt

Can someone please tell me what normal temperature for phones are?

I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to this. I sort of have an idea but not really.

Maybe next year the S7 will outperform the old Nexus 5 in real world usage.

The Touchwiz Cycle.
they need to do the opposite trend on battery and go bigger not smaller and then continue the touchwiz trend. This year they reduced bloat by whatever amount, match it or reduce it more next year. 3000mah and that and I'm in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom