• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT6| Huawei or the iWay [Nobody Reads Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimleuqiR

I ordered mine before the site was even posted here and still pending. wtf

Did you order through a deep link? Meaning the site wasn't really live to the public?
I had access to the deep link and waited until the site went live for everyone. Didn't want to take chances that something in the backend was not active or working as it should've.

rc213

Seriously fuck Google again for a shitty launch. I'm guessing they won't ship more until next Friday. I don't recall seeing that they were shipping the 5x throughout the week.

Did you order through a deep link? Meaning the site wasn't really live to the public?
I had access to the deep link and waited until the site went live for everyone. Didn't want to take chances that something in the backend was not active or working as it should've.

The site was live as far as I know. Someone posted the 5x link then I changed it to 6p at the end and ordered immediately when I saw it worked.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
So I got my phone yesterday, but I'm having a problem. The calendar crashes as soon as I open it most of the time. If it doesn't, it crashes as soon as I try to do something inside it. I was looking at alternative calendars, but it seems like they all use Google Calendar as their base. Are there any calendar programs that are completely independent of Google Calendar?

Also, is there a way to stop all programs from doing anything on the internet? When I looked up this issue, there were tons of hits about syncing issues. I don't want anything on my phone syncing with anything anywhere.

Jzero

Just got my shipping notification for my 6P!

Wtf, i ordered before the page was even available :(

I ordered mine before the site was even posted here and still pending. wtf

That feel.

This better not fuck me over.

hitgirl

Used my 5X a bit today. It's a lot longer than the Moto X 2014 and harder to hold and MUCH lower build quality. But lighter and better running all around. Excited to have it. Selfie camera is good.

TheZink

I have a 32gb 6P ordered with Nexus protect but I'm tempted to cancel it and order a 64gb version from Huawei but it won't have the protection plan. My phone now it 32gb and not close to full but Im really careful. On the other hand I know is be upset if I broke it and didn't have the plan.

Help a brother out with a decision.

this_guy

Used my 5X a bit today. It's a lot longer than the Moto X 2014 and harder to hold and MUCH lower build quality. But lighter and better running all around. Excited to have it. Selfie camera is good.

Got my 5x today and I'm coming from a 2014 Moto X as well. The phone is taller but slightly narrower, and I prefer it because it's narrow.

I have a 32gb 6P ordered with Nexus protect but I'm tempted to cancel it and order a 64gb version from Huawei but it won't have the protection plan. My phone now it 32gb and not close to full but Im really careful. On the other hand I know is be upset if I broke it and didn't have the plan.

Help a brother out with a decision.
Do you need a new phone with the quickness or just want a new one? If the latter, and your current phone is still chugging along, I'd wait until the 64gb 6p is back in stock on the Google Store if you really want the protection plan.

TheZink

Do you need a new phone with the quickness or just want a new one? If the latter, and your current phone is still chugging along, I'd wait until the 64gb 6p is back in stock on the Google Store if you really want the protection plan.
I have a iPhone 5s. It's fine but this would be my shift to android. I pretty much ordered the 32 gb to get the $50 google play card before it expired.

I have a iPhone 5s. It's fine but this would be my shift to android. I pretty much ordered the 32 gb to get the $50 google play card before it expired.
I see. Well, keep the 6p until the 64gb version is in stock. Sell the 32gb one and use the money to cover the 64gb one. That way you'll still get to keep the play credit since it's tied to your account.

adamYUKI

Awww jeah ~~ Google Store order history says that my Aluminum sexP just shipped!

How fast is Google shipping? Next day? 4-5 business days?

I wait with breath that is baited...

SimleuqiR

I hadn't even looked but hooooooo boy. Proves accurate colors and good dynamic range are the preferred metrics, even if the user can't quantify those terms.

Statistics explained :
Lower education = lower salaries = can't afford any flagship = buys a cheaper phone = no iPhones available.

That commenter should just have said Android=plebs.

My 64GB is still pending :(.

Mine is still in "processing". They said that processing can take 1-2 business days.
Mines will probably ship Monday. The charge in my card is just "pending".
Hope they ship it out of IL. Supposedly some of the 5X units shipped from IL.

Hattori

Banned
I hadn't even looked but hooooooo boy. Proves accurate colors and good dynamic range are the preferred metrics, even if the user can't quantify those terms.
CypUnyXl.jpg
xD

Bloodember

Well, I have bought a Samsung Note 5, white and 64GB. So far much happier with it than the OP2. If anyone is interested in the OP2 it is for sale in the trade/sale thread in Gaming Community for $410 shipping in the US, others ask for shipping quote.

Well, I have bought a Samsung Note 5, white and 64GB. So far much happier with it than the OP2. If anyone is interested in the OP2 it is for sale in the trade/sale thread in Gaming Community for $410 shipping in the US, others ask for shipping quote.

Congrats. Best phone out right now.

hitgirl

The top of my 5X rattles. If I drop it on a bed, or sort of shake it around. Don't really know what it is. Maybe the vibrate thing is there?

date versace baby nexus rattle.

reKon

Banned
Still very happy with my phone. It was easy not upgrading during #theyearofskip. Next year the flagships ate lining up to be awesome. It will just be a matter of hoping a 5 inch flagship still exists... Or a Xperia Compact Z6..

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Make sure to debloat and do all the performance tweaks to make it a much smoother, faster experiencem

I think I may have done some of that, battery is better then when i first got it. Is there a list of things i should get rid of? I turned of the the LG smart panel for starters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom