• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT6| Huawei or the iWay [Nobody Reads Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Dem Nexus Updates...

Still waiting on my N7 OTA

Such fast very quick so first

image.jpg

Saiyan-Rox

Dem Nexus Updates...

Still waiting on my N7 OTA

Such fast very quick so first

Flash the OTA you can.

People always complain about nexus and Google's updates and tbh while it is true and they roll out at a snails pace (which is BS) most Nexus users know what they're doing when it comes to fastboot etc.

lunchtoast

Ok so I got my 5x last night, and still have no received an email for 50% off case or 50$ playstore credit. Don't like having a new phone and no case. I contacted Google Fi and they had no idea when we'll get it....

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Flash the OTA you can.

People always complain about nexus and Google's updates and tbh while it is true and they roll out at a snails pace (which is BS) most Nexus users know what they're doing when it comes to fastboot etc.

#NobodyReads

Jzero

I don't get people talking shit about their OP2. Didn't the same shit happen last year with the OPO? Hahaha your faults for buying a phone without NFC.

Man, I hope the Goog upgrades our shipping to next day air for free.

This ain't no Chomecast.

mdphilli

Ok so I got my 5x last night, and still have no received an email for 50% off case or 50$ playstore credit. Don't like having a new phone and no case. I contacted Google Fi and they had no idea when we'll get it....

Is the 50% off a case a Project Fi thing or a Play Store thing like the Play Credit?

rc213

If it ships tomorrow you would have it by Tuesday or Wednesday of next week. They gave everyone 2 day shipping for the 5X.

Crap i was thinking it was already next week.

My Chromecast 2i ordered arrived next day on regular shipping because it came from a warehouse in Cali.

Just see the 6S battery stats.

Badum tish!

;)

gotta admit it's a good looking phone.
Other than the abomination that is the htc logo I like it. M10 should be the same with a bigger battery. But then they lose thinness. Can't have it all in the android game.

Using my nexus 5x and I love it. Still have to use the iPhone unfortunately until I get a case for this phone but so far so good.

Couple of disappointments though

Screen
Vibration feels hollow (Maybe because I got use to the force touch vibration with the iPhone)

I think thats it for now. But I love it and the Camera is great! Can't wait for the 6P still :D

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Man, first day with the Note 5 has been awesome. Definitely an upgrade despite the lack of SD card and removeable battery. Thumbs up.

The camera is amazing.

DrFurbs

Marshmallow Doze is amazing. My phone was at 90% last night as I went to bed. 6 hours later or was at 88%.

That's pretty impressive.

Bloodember

So today was the last straw with my OP2 I cant take the os issues any more. The main ones are eBay notifications have to be turned off or it'll crash and won't load again, 2nd my mobile banking app doesn't work right and lastly the small lag in typing sometimes. Oh right also the small lag in apps loading since the last update. I'm done. Looking at the Note 5, how's the battery in real world usage, bloatware how bad? And camera, is it really as good as the reviews say it is? I'm going to look at phones tomorrow. Any others I should look at? Must be sold through att, going through the carrier this time around, fuck it.

So today was the last straw with my OP2 I cant take the os issues any more. The main ones are eBay notifications have to be turned off or it'll crash and won't load again, 2nd my mobile banking app doesn't work right and lastly the small lag in typing sometimes. Oh right also the small lag in apps loading since the last update. I'm done. Looking at the Note 5, how's the battery in real world usage, bloatware how bad? And camera, is it really as good as the reviews say it is? I'm going to look at phones tomorrow. Any others I should look at? Must be sold through att, going through the carrier this time around, fuck it.

Oxygen OS is horrible. Did you try the Cyanogen nightlies?

CronoShot

Got eeeem

20151023_002924.jpg

Some early impressions:

- The screen is actually a pleasant surprise. Seems like the Nexus 5 display, but with a bit more saturation and contrast. Not mindblowing or anything, but one of the better 1080p screens out there I think.

- Fingerprint sensor is stupid good. Crazy fast and crazy accurate.

- Performance is silky smooth. It's not as blazing fast as my Note 5 as a whole, but I've yet to see a single instance of lag or dropped frames, unlike the Note 5.

- The build is a bit disappointing. I don't mind plastic, hell I prefer it over slippery glass and metal that turn a 'premium' phone into a wet bar of soap. But the phone feels a bit...hollow. The OG Nexus 5 felt more solid, and had better buttons (ceramic vs plastic on the 5X).

- Multitasking hasn't been a problem at all, even with 2GB of RAM. Granted, I don't ever have more than 5-6 apps open at a time, but nothing has reloaded on me yet.

- I really like the new 5x5 layout on the home screens in the launcher. One of my biggest complaints about stock Android in the past were the huge, space wasting icons. That has been fixed.

- I guess I didn't realize it, but the Nexus logo is painted on rather than engraved like in the past. Then again, I remember complaints of the letters falling off of the Nexus 5 and 6, so that's probably to address that.

Saiyan-Rox

Yeah, I am glad I returned that OP2. They really failed this year, mostly due to their horrible software.

Nexus 6 winning just shows how much of a fail the 808 and 810 processor are.

Ah all software has it's issues. the OP2 is a really decent device and well worth the money tbh.

Saiyan-Rox

- I guess I didn't realize it, but the Nexus logo is painted on rather than engraved like in the past. Then again, I remember complaints of the letters falling off of the Nexus 5 and 6, so that's probably to address that.

It isn't engraved in the 5X either? it really looks like it is too.

Guess Google took note of all the letters falling out stuff.

Ah ffs double post, I thought I hit edit.

tzare

Tomorrow I will get mine. Never had a Samsung phone, hopefully I'll enjoy it a lot.

despite the hate, they are usually very good. I am really happy with my note 4, and my wife's s4 works like a charm. I'd go note 5 but lack of IR blaster killed me.

Gavin Robertson

Neo Member
Anyone any real experience of Doogee? My kid came home last night and said he wants a Doogee F5 as we've said he can get a new phone for Xmas.He's upgrading from a first gen Moto G and we just assumed he would go for the new one. Instead he's picked this phone from China that almost looks too good to be true? High spec, low price. We've previously bought a couple of Onda Windows tablets from China, but we have no experience of what the ongoing support is like for Android. Also, what's their UI and bloatware like?

linkboy

Anyone any real experience of Doogee? My kid came home last night and said he wants a Doogee F5 as we've said he can get a new phone for Xmas.He's upgrading from a first gen Moto G and we just assumed he would go for the new one. Instead he's picked this phone from China that almost looks too good to be true? High spec, low price. We've previously bought a couple of Onda Windows tablets from China, but we have no experience of what the ongoing support is like for Android. Also, what's their UI and bloatware like?

LTE bands are also going to be something to keep in mind, unless he good with 3G.

A lot of these phones from China don't have support for LTE bands for outside of China.

Jzero

Will tempered glass mess with the 6P's sensors if there's no cutout for them? I want to buy one already but want to be on the safe side.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Will tempered glass mess with the 6P's sensors if there's no cutout for them? I want to buy one already but want to be on the safe side.
How would anyone know

Jzero

Using my nexus 5x and I love it. Still have to use the iPhone unfortunately until I get a case for this phone but so far so good.

I wish i had that amount of patience. My 6P is going to be so exposed at the gym until SUPCASE releases their armband.

How would anyone know

Because tempered glass screen protectors have existed in the past? Maybe someone here has bought one for their previous phones without cutouts and had problems because of it?

Oh and this review is dope.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m4GqChBz4Q&feature=youtu.be

So there's a rumour that samsung will launch the S7 edge and S7 edge plus at the same time on release.

You know what we haven't really discussed. I wonder if with the S7, Samsung finally chooses a strategy/direction. Having a S7/S7 edge was always dumb. You either believe in the device or you don't. Investing so much in an experiment is weird. I wonder if they drop the regular S7 next year. It seems weird to have a regular S7/Edge/Edge Plus. I guess they didn't do it last year because the Edge was too expensive but maybe they got the costs under control.

Then again if stats show more people like the regular S7 I guess they need to release that one too. These rumours are starting to not add up. One of them is BS. So we have 3 versions of a phone launching at the same time. We have supposedly two screen sizes at 5.2 and 5.7. It all seems like a lot.

Hasney

So there's a rumour that samsung will launch the S7 edge and S7 edge plus at the same time on release.

You know what we haven't really discussed. I wonder if with the S7, Samsung finally chooses a strategy/direction. Having a S7/S7 edge was always dumb. You either believe in the device or you don't. Investing so much in an experiment is weird. I wonder if they drop the regular S7 next year. It seems weird to have a regular S7/Edge/Edge Plus. I guess they didn't do it last year because the Edge was too expensive but maybe they got the costs under control.

Then again if stats show more people like the regular S7 I guess they need to release that one too. These rumours are starting to not add up. One of them is BS. So we have 3 versions of a phone launching at the same time. We have supposedly two screen sizes at 5.2 and 5.7. It all seems like a lot.

I wonder if they'll bother with the Note at all then. They seemed not to care that much this year since it was only a few countries that got it. Don't know why they wouldn't just go S7/Edge and Note 6/Note 6 Edge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom