• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT6| Huawei or the iWay [Nobody Reads Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.

zatara

I dunno most of the a9 reviews have the battery as no worse than other flagships out there. god if it only worked on Verizon I'd give it a shot. I'm a sucker for aluminum phones

SimleuqiR

Hello there —

Thank you for buying a Nexus 6P from the Google Store. We’re really excited about this phone and we hope you are too. But we have some not-so-great news: It’s going to take a little longer to get the 6P to you than we would have liked. We’re working hard to meet the strong demand we’re seeing for the color and memory size you ordered, and we promise it will be worth it! Rest assured that orders will still be shipped in the order that they were received.

As of now, we’re expecting to deliver your 6P order between 11/7/2015 and 11/14/2015, and we’ll send you a notification as soon as it goes out the door. As a courtesy, we’ll give you a $25 refund on your purchase, which we’ll process soon after your phone ships.

We know that waiting a bit longer can be inconvenient, though remember we won’t charge you until your order ships. We also want to make sure you’re aware that you can cancel your order. We’d hate to see you go, but if you need to, just follow the instructions here.

We apologize for this news, and thank you again for your order.

Sincerely,
The Google Store Team

Welp...I'm so glad I missed that bullet.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Bummer...but I knew something was up - folks on XDA who ordered the Frost ones were...in the cold.

I gots mines tho

No Love

Banned
Sad that Google fucked up this Nexus launch so badly. I had no problems getting my Nexus 5 when it came out but looks like I did indeed save myself a lot of trouble by avoiding these.

Ty4on

ARS

charts.022-640x470.png

PS: All phones throttle. It's just how bad, and how long.

Looking at the 6S+ I don't see much in the way of throttling. Not that the iPhones never throttle, just that a phone doesn't have to.
I'd love to know what is causing those weird 400mhz spikes. I'm guessing that's idling, but it seems to occur randomly.

The HTC A9 reviews' battery impressions are funny to read:
Compared to:

The LG G4 managed 3 more minutes in their battery test in case you didn't catch it.
Brian Klug once said he wished phone reviewers would start a review without knowing the specs like mAh. Two years later I understand why.

ukas

Sad that Google fucked up this Nexus launch so badly. I had no problems getting my Nexus 5 when it came out but looks like I did indeed save myself a lot of trouble by avoiding these.

How have the "fucked up this launch so badly"? I got my order when I was supposed to.

Woah, LG is offering a free 200GB MicroSD card and a 3000mAh battery pack if you get the new V10 by November 15!

I wonder how fast the MicroSD card is. Hopefully it's write speed is fast enough to record 4K videos.

hero-active.jpg

Jzero

Woah, LG is offering a free 200GB MicroSD card and a 3000mAh battery pack if you get the new V10 by November 15!

I wonder how fast the MicroSD card is. Hopefully it's write speed is fast enough to record 4K videos.
It says right there. Class 10 90mbps

LG your desperation is not a good look. Or maybe they just have a lot of spare accessories lately. The V10 is one of those phones literally nobody will own outside of tech 'journalists' who reviewed it.

Rengoku

The HTC A9 reviews' battery impressions are funny to read:

Compared to:

The LG G4 managed 3 more minutes in their battery test in case you didn't catch it.
Brian Klug once said he wished phone reviewers would start a review without knowing the specs like mAh. Two years later I understand why.

Lol, so basically, Phonearena's battery benchmarks are garbage

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Why not though? Is it because it's not running an 810 or is it ugly or because its not running stock?

Overshadowed by the Nexus and anticipation of next years devices. Mobile World Congress is in Feb!

Edit: I feel sorry for LG - in another universe, the V10 looks capable, but it's out at a bad time

Lol, so basically, Phonearena's battery benchmarks are garbage

Let's face it, no one goes to Phonearena for it's battery tests that's for sure.

The Pocketnow review seems somewhat positive. The battery reviews are all over the place again as usual. These sites don't state specifically how they're using their phones to test batter which is why sites like Anandtech and GSMarena are the only trustworthy ones. Sometimes they may be wrong or mess up, but at least they tell you exactly what they do and test to get their results.

As far as LG goes, they need to get rid of that dumb second screen and second front camera. Less they want to still be second fiddle to Samsung. The overall package is nice, but come on with the useless features and pointless design choice.

Agent

I received my Adopted Protective case from the Google Store earlier (the $19 one). Seems like a nice case that will hold me over until I can find a bumper case. I have an OG Moto X 2013 and it is shocking how much bigger the 6p is going to be haha.

Why not though? Is it because it's not running an 810 or is it ugly or because its not running stock?
it's just a pointless device with a weird gimmick that nobody wants. When I say pointless I mean from a business prospective.

They already released the G4. I really don't get this whole "experimental flagship late in the year" thing. Their logic probably has something to do with the iphone and not wanting anyone to forget LG exists but it's all just pointless. It'll absolutely bomb.

it's just a pointless device with a weird gimmick that nobody wants. When I say pointless I mean from a business prospective.

They already released the G4. I really don't get this whole "experimental flagship late in the year" thing. Their logic probably has something to do with the iphone and not wanting anyone to forget LG exists but it's all just pointless. It'll absolutely bomb.

They could've just waited till next year and did this for the G5 if they really needed to release it with a USB-C port. As it stands no one gives a shit about it because no one really knows what it is and what it's for.

zatara

its pointless from any perspective, instead of improving upon the g4's shortcomings they release a phone no one was asking for.

Hopefully it plummets in price like the g flex 2 👌

Saiyan-Rox

Google must have had a lot of cancelations as the 32GB is open to buy again with a 1 to 2 business days shipping.

My tracking hasnt updated (currently 4:17am) usually a parcel would have reached here by now for today but there's still some hope.

Shakala

I'm the sucker who paid 20 bucks for next day shipping because I needed the phone fast and still get it at the same time as everyone else lol

So many new phones to choose from. Halp!

I'm using an LG G3 (since launch) on Lollipop. Its slowed a bit. There's lag when opening apps now. Its starting to show its age, which is crazy as its only a little over a year old. I really love the 6P and what it offers, but its a fucking monstrosity size-wise. Its similar in size to the 6Plus which I use at work and I hate how big that is.

Is it worth updating to something new right now? 5X? The small batteried A9? Something else? Or just wait it out a while? Size-wise, G3 is pushing what I'm comfortable with, so keep that in mind.

Any suggestions would be great. I've done so much reading and research, but it'd be nice to hear from people and what they think and have. Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom