• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT6| Huawei or the iWay [Nobody Reads Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.

zatara

so far with my 5x a few days it looks like I'm gonna get around 3.5 to 4hrs sot. not bad at all for my usage, chrome has been a consistent #1 on what uses the battery the most.

like reviews say I have some performance hiccups here and there nothing too bad but definitely noticable. the front speaker while not amazing is still better than most bottom or rear speakers

Jzero

Gonna rent some movies with my $50 play balance.

I'll make sure to post pics tomorrow when it arrives ;)
My graphite is being delivered today, thank satan for living in California
laughing-like-a-king-homer-simpson.gif

Is there a decent wallpaper app out there for QHD screens?

Zedge gives me nothing but low res garbage anymore.

I just use 4K desktop wallpapers. Right now i'm using a Nexus 6 photo i took at a music festival

slabrock

Banned
My 32GB Graphite 6P went from pending to shipped today and unless the tracking website is messed up I am scheduled to get it tomorrow.

this thread hath declared war on my soul (until my Graphite 128gb 6P arrives)

Super jealous! But it's good to see everyone enjoying their purchase and not regretting.

Hopefully I can get a $25 discount, but not sure mine has been delayed. i already have a 11/5-9 date anyway. Seems like it's been at pending forever though.

Jzero

Just got my 6P and holy fuck it's perfect. Never going any bigger in width. You will not be missed Nexus 6 width and curved back!

hAqVtNO.gif

The feedback from touching the screen feels hella different though.

Just got my 6P and holy fuck it's perfect. Never going any bigger in width. You will not be missed Nexus 6 width and curved back!

hAqVtNO.gif

Wow you got it fast. I was going to torture you with some pics.
Come on boys. Post some of those 6P impressions
*Lightweight in the hand and it feels premium at the same time.

*Lightning quick. I'm glad I used a moto g for 3 weeks before getting this so I could truly appreciate the speed.

*Fingerprint scanner takes some getting used to since I've been using pattern swipes forever. It's still reads my fingerprint quickly.

*I haven't charged it besides for 10 minutes since I had to go to school but it lost 1% in my 45 minute train commute.

*I want to take pictures in the city later on today to see how well the camera does.

Jzero

Come on boys. Post some of those 6P impressions

All the stuff i love so far

* I don't feel like I have a 3DS XL in my pcoket anymore
* Doesn't take ages to boot up like the original Nexus 6
* Feels as premium as an iPhone
* Fingerprint reader is godsend
* No curved back
* Lighter than Nexus 6
* No more looking for right way to plug in charger
* Doesn't seem laggy so far
* NO MORE GOD DAMN BUTT DIALING

Only problem so far is that it can't see my SIM card (It works fine inside my N6) and charging says it will take 4 hours for a full charge lol

hAqVtNO.gif

On my N5 it feels hella good. I love the screen touch compared to N6.

Can't wait for 6p, 2 more weeks!

hitgirl

The selfie camera is pretty good in the 5x. I've actually started taking selfies now. Past budget phone has had pretty bad front camera.

Draper

I ordered my mine 6 WHOLE DAYS AGO! And I'm just now getting a shipping time indicating that it'll arrive Friday?? I should have it in my hands now!

Freakin Google...

Agent

Almost to day 3 of #teamprocessing. I was charged (32GB Graphite) early Monday morning and nothing since. It's somewhat annoying to see people order in the last day and already have them processed/shipped. It is crazy they would ship to people who just ordered vs. those who have pre-ordered since day one. I'm sure there is some crazy logistical reason for it.

CbkcQSI.gif

Jzero

It was weird not having NFC tap to transfer on the setup screen this time. It was probably because all those dumbfucks transferring their tablets on accident.

Man this fucking phone is huge.
I need to get used to it.

MY GOD...fast charge is a godsend.
You obviously never tried the original 6

Man this fucking phone is huge.
I need to get used to it.
I feel like 148mm or less is the biggest I can get used to in height. I've had huge troubles with anything taller. For width 70mm is my sweet spot. Anything higher is a hassle. X play is 75 and I find the wideness impossible to get used to. Meh.

zatara

for the -3 Verizon customers that really wanted the V10...apparently its gonna release this Friday. I went to see if they had a turbo 2 on display and the manager there told me "the turbo 2 is out tomorrow and the new lg phone will be on Friday" I said " new lg phone???"and he said "I think its the v10, yeah the v10"

snacknuts

we all knew her
I had the option to do the NFC tap thing.

So did I.

Quick impressions:
  • Both front and back cameras are great. I don't take selfies unless my wife asks me to take one with her, but I tried it and it's very good.
  • This thing is fast!
  • This thing is big! I had a Moto X Pure for a few weeks and this feels appreciably bigger than that device, but it's not completely unwieldy. I'll get used to it.
  • Fingerprint reader is every bit as fast and accurate as you've heard. Much better than the one I had on my Galaxy S6.
  • It really is a great looking device. I got a graphite model (although the label on the box says "grey"). The only thing I don't like is that the put the little label with my S/N and model no. between the Nexus logo and the fingerprint sensor. Why not put it at the bottom?
  • I wish the speaker grilles stood out from the screen just a tiny bit so I could set it face down sometimes without worrying about scratching the glass.
  • I won't be able to form an opinion on the battery for a few days.

All in all, very happy so far. I change phones a lot because I can never find something that has everything I want (stock Android, fast updates, good camera, and good battery), but I think I finally have a winner.

Jzero

Wow HDR is way faster. I'm seriously loving the fingerprint sensor though. No one should buy a phone without one.

Can't wait to take concert photos with it.

SimleuqiR

Slippery slippery.
I hope I get used to it. But I feel that the phone is not easily grasped with one hand. This thing will fly off my hand.

Jzero

Are we sure band 12 doesn't work? Because no one can get a signal at work and I'm actually getting reception with this phone.

cocopuffs

Banned
XeeAFPC.png

wtf google, i go to check on my order all of a sudden and it's cancelled?
beyond salty at all you guys.

called google though and they said this was a recent issue with some orders and that they'll look into it and follow back with me. nothing that can be done though so i just have to wait till it comes back in stock. any estimates on when that'll be lol?

this lg g2 needs to retire, burn and die. it's time for a new phone.

Everytime I see the Droid Turbo 2 I bust out laughing. Can't take that front logo seriously. It's Note 2 levels of bad.

Oh and the 2 speakers flanking the big V? Only 1 has sound....

VoxPop

Everytime I see the Droid Turbo 2 I bust out laughing. Can't take that front logo seriously. It's Note 2 levels of bad.

Oh and the 2 speakers flanking the big V? Only 1 has sound....

i just saw it for the first time. That is beyond hilarious. Reminds me of their Note 2. And that tacky DROID logo on the back. They're lucky they have the best service in the states or nobody would even be buying their butchered phones. Thankfully T-Mobile is full bars for me all the time here in NYC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom