• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT6| Huawei or the iWay [Nobody Reads Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agent

Today marks one week of stuck in processing hell for my 32GB Graphite version. The original estimates were to ship by today for a November 5-9 delivery. Hope it actually happens, but at this point I don't have much confidence.

OnePlus is offering insurance for the OPT and OPX in Europe. It basically covers everything.

"The plan will cover breakage (such as a broken screen), accidental damage, damage due to dropping the device, liquid damage, vandalism, and more. You can find a full list at checkout."

€40 for a year and €65 for two years.

Current OPT owners can't get it.

kami_sama

OnePlus is offering insurance for the OPT and OPX in Europe. It basically covers everything.

"The plan will cover breakage (such as a broken screen), accidental damage, damage due to dropping the device, liquid damage, vandalism, and more. You can find a full list at checkout."

It fucking stings :(

Pyrokai

Can I still get Nexus Protect if I didn't order from the Play Store? Since I dropped my current phone this past weekend, I realized I'm not immune to breaking phones (but first time ever!). I'm also wondering what happens if my phone malfunctions.....I hope Huawei is helpful........

Shiggy

You can get cheaper insurances on your own, which cover the same.

Paying for One Plus customer service? Uhhhhhh.....

Yeah, that's not what it is.

this_guy

How fast is rapid charging suppose to charge your phone? On my 5x it charges about 1% per minute until about 90%, then 90% to full is at a slower rate. 1% per minute doesn't seem that impressive to me because I've had rapid car chargers in the past that do about the same.

clav

What did you do with your S3 that it still works? For mine the USB port and the audio plug broke, at some point the entire phone did not start anymore.

It was incredibly slow too due to TouchWiz. Has that become any better with Samsung's new devices?

Had mine in a case since day 1. Put a screen protector on it after a small scratch.

My phone still works smoothly.

Just now websites + newer games, it's showing its age.

I'm still debating a fragile Note 5 32GB or an iPhone 6S 64GB.

daoster

thinking about buying the 2014 MotoX for my dad, who has the gen 1 Moto G (with no LTE).

I just want a phone with decent battery life for somebody who isn't a heavy user. Right now with his Moto G, he can probably forget to charge it a night or two, and he'd be fine. How's the 2014 Moto X in that regards?

this_guy

thinking about buying the 2014 MotoX for my dad, who has the gen 1 Moto G (with no LTE).

I just want a phone with decent battery life for somebody who isn't a heavy user. Right now with his Moto G, he can probably forget to charge it a night or two, and he'd be fine. How's the 2014 Moto X in that regards?

The Moto X had horrible battery life when I first got it, but after the 5.1 update it became tolerable. I can get about a day out of it with 2.5-3 hours on screen time. Camera is just bad though.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook

Honestly I'd say get him the latest Moto G then. Just make sure to get the 2 gig version.

hitgirl

Is he on Verizon? I was going to sell my mint 32GB.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Nexus 6 owners who upgraded to a 6P. Tell us about your battery life. That way, I can hear about personal improvements as all our phones have different battery life based on our use. It's easier to understand if the 6P is better with battery life when I can hear relative experiences.

Let's keep it to N6 Marshmallow time since it's tons better than Lollipop.

lush

Anyone had the pending charge appear on their card only for it to fall off after a few days of processing? Ordered 64GB Aluminum on 10/29 and it was processing on 10/30. Still processing and the the pending charge just fell off.

Agent

Anyone had the pending charge appear on their card only for it to fall off after a few days of processing? Ordered 64GB Aluminum on 10/29 and it was processing on 10/30. Still processing and the the pending charge just fell off.

That has happened to me (and others from what I can tell). Mine went into processing last Monday and charged, but the charge dropped off after 2-3 days of not posting. I'm still processing though.

Nexus 6 owners who upgraded to a 6P. Tell us about your battery life. That way, I can hear about personal improvements as all our phones have different battery life based on our use. It's easier to understand if the 6P is better with battery life when I can hear relative experiences.

Not aa previous Nexus 6 owner but the 6P has solid battery life. So far I've managed to average 6 hours of sot with around 17 hours of phone idle. Not bad at all.

Android-GAF, I have a problem.

My week-old Note 5 decided to lock me out of my phone. This morning it rejected all 5 attempts to do fingerprint scanning (the last 2 attempts were DEFINITELY valid, ie, clean dry thumb placed squarely in scanner like I've done for several years), then it directed me to a "backup password" that I don't recall ever setting up. I certainly did set up a PIN, which for some god foresaken reason isn't giving me an option to input. After several attempts it let me verify via Google accountl. For some mysterious reason it insists it's not the right credentials even though it's my primary account that I use every day and I remember it 100%. I even logged out of that account on my computer and manually re-entered the password to double check they're my correct credentials. I even logged into Android Device Manager on my laptop (with the credentials the phone isn't accepting!) and it managed to find it, except there's no option to unlock my phone, only lock and wipe it.

So apparently I'm looking this up and none of this seems like a widespread issue, so it looks like some dumb failures on my part (still baffled as to why it's not accepting my Google account credentials even though I'm definitely logged into the phone as that account). The phone is a week old so I don't mind wiping it since there's nothing really important there (just a bunch of apps), but from what I'm reading even after the wipe it's still going to want those damn Google credentials it refuses to recognize? Does anyone know of a way to reset to factory settings without requiring the Google credentials afterward? If I do it through Android Device Manager will it require the credentials or can I get access to the phone some other way?

I don't mind taking the phone to a Verizon store and just have them do a wipe or whatever, but I'd like to solve the issue now. Right now I have a bricked phone and some stuff I gotta do in the evening so I'm not sure I can go to the store today.

Jzero

I'm getting worse battery life but i'm in the minority since apparently there's a marshmallow bluetooth bug and i use Android Wear.

TheZink

Anyone find the 6p hard to read outside? I live in Florida and today I could just barley see the screen in Direct sunlight. Tried it with auto brightness on and off.

I'm getting better battery life with the same or even heavier usage. It's not world's different, but it is a noticeable improvement.

I would never go back to the N6. Ever. Nor would I ever recommend it in good concious. It's inferior in every single way to the 6P.

Anyone find the 6p hard to read outside? I live in Florida and today I could just barley see the screen in Direct sunlight. Tried it with auto brightness on and off.

Nope. I can see it absolutely fine outside, in direct light, and I don't even have to turn up the brightness much either. I only have problems with sunglasses on, which is understandable.

I am getting a 32 GB Nexus 6P through my phone plan. I didn't realise that my phone company offered that for Nexus phones (I think they didn't when I checked but it was 2 years ago). 5 AUD a month over 24 months ($120) for the phone I was considering whether to buy for $899! :)

I'm also considering which tablet to buy for my mum, she wanted an 8 or 9 inch one to store her knitting patterns as pictures or PDFs on to zoom in on. Out of the ones she's seen she wants either the Nexus 9 (I heard about inconsistent build quality but would otherwise lean this way) or the Samsung Tab A 8-inch (much cheaper but lack of doze/updates and the lower resolution gives me concern) but if there's a better one then we could consider it. And surely if there's a problem with a Nexus 9's build quality we have statutory rights to an exchange...

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I'm getting worse battery life but i'm in the minority since apparently there's a marshmallow bluetooth bug and i use Android Wear.
What's this? I use Wear on my Marsh N6 just fine.

Ty4on

Well crap. My wifes old iPhone 5 screen was even brighter. My iPhone 5s is even much brighter than her 5.

LCDs are generally brighter and the iPhones have some of the brightest out there.

Try turning on auto brightness if you haven't already. A lot of AMOLEDs have auto boost which will boost brightness in bright sunlight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom