• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT6| Huawei or the iWay [Nobody Reads Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Groof

iPhone 6S nand performance is krey 😮

Actually performance overall on it is stellar cuz it still rocks that 720p+ resolution while the chips can easily handle it. On screen performance with most gpu benchmarks are a solid 60. Wish more android manufacturers would do it like this until we're ready for gpus that can handle 4K at 60 fps on screen. Which is why I hope the Nexus 5 2016 still rocks a 1080p oled
You've seen how lynched a company gets if they don't even have a 1080p display on a flagship. How will they get away with having 720p or less

Saiyan-Rox

Do Google really need staged rollout for Security updates? I mean come on Google we know the excuse for rollouts with major firmware but Security patches? just totally push those out ffs

My 6p shipped. Waiting here in India now. Hopefully will come by Friday.

Everybody who ordered graphite in India had their shipment delayed due to some issue on Huawei's side.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
It seems like One Plus cares about India the most. Dual sim, no nfc, cheap.

kinggroin

Banned
I'm starting to suspect the OLED panel in the 6P is the same as the one in the GS4...

Did the GS5 and Note 4/5 exhibit color trails when transitioning from dark colors to other dark colors? I'm testing this with dark theme on gaf and 25% brightness. The header for each post will smudge opposite the direction I scroll the screen in. Not noticeable if I just zip through the page super fast, but when scrolling smoothly and slowly, its definitely there.

lush

My 6p ended up shipping last night and they shipped it overnight even though I chose the "Free Shipping" option. Due to be delivered today, awesome.

Agent

My 6p ended up shipping last night and they shipped it overnight even though I chose the "Free Shipping" option. Due to be delivered today, awesome.

Same here. The free overnight was a pleasant surprise. Can't wait for it to come.

this_guy

Speaking of carriers, though, is Verizon playing nice yet with people who need new sim cards for the 5X/6P? Are there any other unlocked Android phones besides those, the 6, and the X Pure, that you can buy standalone and work with their network?

The unlocked HTC A9 will get a firmware upgrade in December that will allow you to use Verizon.

tfur

What's this bar code on the back of my 6p. Have you guys removed that on your phones?

Loving the phone and Fi so far. I get much better LTE speeds with the 6p compared to 6. Was on T-Mobile before as well.

Laekon

Think I asked this before but has anyone used the $50 credit on the device store which is no longer the Play store? Seems charger cables are the best use for it.

Agent

Just got my 32GB Graphite version. It's so beautiful. I feel bad for slapping a case on it.

Quite the upgrade from my Moto X 2013.

lush

Just got my 32GB Graphite version. It's so beautiful. I feel bad for slapping a case on it.

Quite the upgrade from my Moto X 2013.
Enjoy. Been refreshing the tracking information all day, I get off work at 330 so I'm hoping it's waiting for me. Finally upgrading from my Galaxy S4.

Groof

so my n5 died at the gym. won't turn on. when i plug it in, it enters a bootloop. can't even enter the bootloader because it instantly reboots.

any ideas? was thinking of using my n4 for now and keep it plugged in over the day tomorrow

Husker86

I'm starting to suspect the OLED panel in the 6P is the same as the one in the GS4...

Did the GS5 and Note 4/5 exhibit color trails when transitioning from dark colors to other dark colors? I'm testing this with dark theme on gaf and 25% brightness. The header for each post will smudge opposite the direction I scroll the screen in. Not noticeable if I just zip through the page super fast, but when scrolling smoothly and slowly, its definitely there.
It is worse on the S6, believe it or not. That's the one thing I looked for that made me realize this 6P panel must be newer than the one used in the S6.

So I ordered the Nexus 6P through a carrier (199$ on a two year contract + pretty damn good new plan [government subsidized]), but I have to say, this launch has been a cluster fuck.

No news from Google as to when the Canadian carriers will receive it
No news from the carriers as to when they will receive it (only displaying Nov 4th on their website)
No news from the local stores I tried calling today (1 day from the supposedly launch day)
..Nothing.

Nobody knows anything, just waiting. CLUSTER FUCK.

Google support is horrendous, they should be called out on this. I know I can purchase the phone outright but then I would have to pay $804 CAD and miss out on the new plan I received.

LhwRz7R.png
LhwRz7R.png

cocopuffs

Banned
And the Nexus 6P 64GB Frost White still isn't back in stock.

Half-tempted to just get a Graphite or Aluminum one instead. But the Frost White looks so nice.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
so my n5 died at the gym. won't turn on. when i plug it in, it enters a bootloop. can't even enter the bootloader because it instantly reboots.

any ideas? was thinking of using my n4 for now and keep it plugged in over the day tomorrow

Check the power button

Guys, I think I've been hit with an issue. My headphone jack isn't working on my 6P. I tried letting my friend listen to something on my phone and the headphones didn't work. I thought it was just his headphones and I tried mine which also didn't work. Any potential fixes or do I have to actually send this phone back to Google.

Jigolo

Has happened to me twice since I updated to Marshmallow. When it boots and you see the word Google hold down the power button and shut it off (it shouldn't reboot again until you click the power button). Leave it off for a few minutes then plug it in the charger and leave it there until you see the image that the device is charging (device still OFF). When you see the image of the battery that the phone is charging, turn it on.

Groof

Has happened to me twice since I updated to Marshmallow. When it boots and you see the word Google hold down the power button and shut it off (it shouldn't reboot again until you click the power button). Leave it off for a few minutes then plug it in the charger and leave it there until you see the image that the device is charging (device still OFF). When you see the image of the battery that the phone is charging, turn it on.

it was the power button that was stuck. don't know how reliable this thing will be anymore so i'll be using my n4 until the 6p arrives

Kevyt

6P has been delivered. Time to go home and get it.

Man... I remembered when you posted saying that you ordered the 6p, I had placed my order in the Google store a week before you. I would have had my 32gb aluminum 6p by now but decides to cancel and order from Huawei to avoid taxes and get the 64gb version.

I'm jelly.

Man... I remembered when you posted saying that you ordered the 6p, I had placed my order in the Google store a week before you. I would have had my 32gb aluminum 6p by now but decides to cancel and order from Huawei to avoid taxes and get the 64gb version.

I'm jelly.

Don't worry friend, your time will come.

Phone feels fantastic. It is a damn shame that I will have a case around this beauty.

cocopuffs

Banned
btw what do you do if the screen cracks on the nexus 6p

with the iPhone you can just go to the apple store or one of the million of different repair shops. what are your options here?

with the iPhone you can just go to the apple store or one of the million of different repair shops. what are your options here?

Hope that you have Nexus Protect or cry for an hour and tell yourself how stupid it was to purchase an expensive Huawei phone.

jwick

Unconfirmed Member

Hopefully you bought it from Google vs Huawei. That said, if you didn't get Nexus Protect you are probably SOL and will have to pony up for repairs.

Google is generally great on RMA type issues but this seems like accidental breakage (if not you may be able to RMA).

EDIT: For the Headphone Jack I imagine you would be able to RMA without an issue.

I aint even feeling bad about waiting til DEC with all these delays. hopefully any manufacturing issues will be sorted out in the 2nd/3rd batch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom