• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT6| Huawei or the iWay [Nobody Reads Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update on that HTC phone for the 5 people still following HTC:

evleaks has like 0 credibility now with the whole HTC debacle last year. Not saying he's wrong, but I wouldn't trust whatever he's saying anymore.

And the Turbo doesn't look that bad. Take away the Verizon logo and it's an average looking device.

So that Tag Huer watch is hideous. Not only is it absolutely MASSIVE. There's this:

aUF1Drh.png

Jigolo

After seeing iPhone 6S NAND performance I've upped my expectation for next year Android flagships for that category, lol. I don't think any OEM will match that performance

So I put it on WiFi while I had 44% left and got 5 hours of SoT. I'm not sure why my cell signal is killing my battery life at work when I'm getting full bars. This isn't the first android phone that this has happened to. My battery goes from amazing to "I think my phone might be broken" when I go to work. This was happening to my One Plus one too(fixed by greenifying everything). The cellular for whatever reason is killing my Nexus 6P battery.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Don't forget to enable the notification LED on the N6P. This phone is so baller. I wish it had wireless charging, though. Unnecessary downgrade.

Also fuck Android phones for not having the sweet iPhone displays that are fused to the glass. Those are so nice.

Nicktendo86

Yay, finally got the marshmallow update on my Nexus 7 last night. Yeah yeah, could have got the factory images weeks ago but I really can't be arsed with this unlocking bootloader, installing things crap anymore. I just want timely OTA updates as I need my devices to work.

Anyways, seems great so far. Now on tap is great, when it works. The app permissions is neat, everything else seems to be the same but a bit smoother. Might just be my imagination though!

I fully charged the tablet before leaving for work today, looking forward to see what doze has done. Saying that I have always found the standby battery life to be excellent on the '13 N7.

It's the microfibre-backed adopted case right? The main thing I noted with its buttons is it is that much harder to differentiate between the buttons by touch since the power button on the case doesn't have the different texture.
No its the other one. I wanted that one, I liked the look but it was sold out. The buttons are the same on the other case as well.

Mindwipe

Yay, finally got the marshmallow update on my Nexus 7 last night. Yeah yeah, could have got the factory images weeks ago but I really can't be arsed with this unlocking bootloader, installing things crap anymore. I just want timely OTA updates as I need my devices to work.

Anyways, seems great so far. Now on tap is great, when it works. The app permissions is neat, everything else seems to be the same but a bit smoother. Might just be my imagination though!

I don't think it is, having done it straight away with the images I'm still of the opinion Marshmallow is significantly smoother and just generally better all round than Lollipop. I had one bad application crash yesterday but that's it.

I'm a watch lover and I don't know if they're "in trend". It's similar to android where it just so happens that most of the good high end watches that are made are 40mm+ so people don't have a goddamn choice.

Also 40mm is totally fine for most people. That Tag smartwatch is most definitely a lot more than that. It's 46mm LOL. So all women are excluded and a ton of men.

Reckoner

You guys talking about watches and shit

I just sold my Pebble Steel and bought a regular Braun BN0035. I figured smartwatches are useless for me atm and a regular watch would be better.

My 6P in graphite arrived today. Sexy phone and feels great in the hand. Love the aluminum body. Haven't had a chance to turn it on yet, since I'm doing a full charge first.

Furyous

Does AndroidPay work on any non Samsung, non Nexus devices thus far? It should work but are devices on the market actually using it? It would suck if devices didn't take advantage of AndroidPay until next year when technically it should work on any device with NFC. Really want to try it out with a Sony device later after price drops start. If I buy a Sony device through Expansys/Clove would I be able to return it if the carrier versions of the Sony devices come with better specs?

I need a new smartphone, refuse to go Nexus, need a strong dev community, but want something under 5.3 inches that isn't beset with some glaring flaw.

Does AndroidPay work on any non Samsung, non Nexus devices? Really want to try it out with a Sony device later after price drops start. If I buy a Sony device through Expansys/Clove would I be able to return it if the carrier versions of the Sony devices come with better specs?

I need a new smartphone, refuse to go Nexus, need a strong dev community, but want something under 5.3 inches that isn't beset with some glaring flaw.

they're thinking about expanding it beyond samsung phones the last I read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom