• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT6| Huawei or the iWay [Nobody Reads Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.
CB6VtGJ.jpg

T4OQK5I.jpg

Better but I wonder why my battery tanks when I'm not on WiFi. Is it the modem?

Has there been an official release date announced for the Pixel C?

I want to know if it would be a good alternative to the iPad Air 2 as I have zero interest in the productivity stuff they are promoting for it.

Saiyan-Rox

Finally got my first ever Nexus OTA update

Last time I try waiting and just go back to flashing

Huh went from MDA89D to MDB08L and not MDB08M

is MDB08M a carrier specific one or something?

JBuccCP

Got my 6P in today, yay! Also switched to Google Fi from Cricket. We'll see how that goes. Hearthstone sure is nice on this bigass screen.

Quasar

Playing around with the Apple Music beta.

Is alright design wise. Wish it was more material though. And though I doubt it will happen, wish it had googlecast supports.

Noticing some streaming bugs around beats1. Every so often it just stops.

Also, I cannot access my purchased music. Hopefully thats something that gets fixed.

Anyway I'm glad to see this. Hopefully Apple does this with other media they sell.

Kevyt

Why are people ordering the 6p just recently receiving their phones fast? I've been waiting since the 23rd of last month... I ordered through Huawei's store...

Do customers from google play store get top priority?

I cancelled my first one and then ordered agai n. I just ordered this one last Wednesday and its already here

Wow...

This is unbelievable. I think I'm done with Nexus and google as a whole.

Google Store ships accessories out super fast, i already received my USB type C cable that i'll be using in my car.

Oh and we may get WiPower chargers soon
http://www.engadget.com/gallery/qualcomm-snapdragon-820-demos/#slide=3699124|!

"Qualcomm already unveiled Sense ID, its ultrasonic fingerprint authentication tech, earlier this year. But today we got to see it in action on a few prototypes. Unlike capacitive fingerprint reading, which is what everyone is using on smartphones these days, Sense ID won't be affected by debris or sweat on your fingers. And the ultrasonic sensors can also be embedded in metal, glass and other surfaces, which means they can be placed just about anywhere on your phone, even right on the side. Sense ID appeared to work just as fast as Apple's latest Touch ID implementation, and a bit of dirt on a Qualcomm reps fingers didn't slow it down at all."

This is much better than the bullshit readers on the back that everyone is in love with right now.

jey_16

Banned
Gaf, help me please. I'm able to get a free phone through work to replace my galaxy S6 and 6P would be a no brainer if it was available but its not! options im considering are

iPhone 6s/6s+
Nexus 5X
Xperia Z5/Z5c
Note 5/S6 Edge+

i was not even thinking about an iPhone but after trying out the 6s+ i was impressed. Was blazing fast, even compared to my s6 and just typing on that screen was amazing, does apple use some different tech to make the screen feel different? My only concern is moving back to iOS since i use google services quite a bit, especially play music

Nexus 5X could be a bit of a step down from the S6 and have not heard great things about the Z5. Which leaves the Note 5/S6 Edge+....

Gaf, help me please. I'm able to get a free phone through work to replace my galaxy S6 and 6P would be a no brainer if it was available but its not! options im considering are

iPhone 6s/6s+
Nexus 5X
Xperia Z5/Z5c
Note 5/S6 Edge+

i was not even thinking about an iPhone but after trying out the 6s+ i was impressed. Was blazing fast, even compared to my s6 and just typing on that screen was amazing, does apple use some different tech to make the screen feel different? My only concern is moving back to iOS since i use google services quite a bit, especially play music

Nexus 5X could be a bit of a step down from the S6 and have not heard great things about the Z5. Which leaves the Note 5/S6 Edge+....
I'd definitely get the iPhone out of those phones, especially if your work is paying for the phone.

The 5X is a nice phone but it can't compete with any of those devices if cost doesn't matter and it'd be a downgrade on everything except the OS from your S6. I'd pretty much avoid Samsung's crap because you'll be lucky to get 1-2 software updates and if you do they'll take forever not to mention that TouchWiz bloat. Don't know much about the Xperia, but given Sony's past quality control issues with their phones I'd just avoid them entirely, especially when they mentioned not long ago they'd pull the plug on their phones if they continued to not sell well.

DrFurbs

I had to reboot my nexus 5 4 times today with holding volume and power. This isn't normal.

I'm sick of buggy Android. Does the iPhone have similar issues...i was going to upgrade but fuck this...I'm thinking of jumping ship.

I had to reboot my nexus 5 4 times today with holding volume and power. This isn't normal.

I'm sick of buggy Android. Doed the iPhone have similar issues... I'm thinking of jumping ship.
That's a hardware issue not an OS issue so it really isn't fair to be blaming"Buggy o'l Android".

Damn nice phone eh? Love the build quality in it and the OS was pretty smooth in the little time I used it. Hope they get Huawei again next year.

Yes! It's so good. On top of that this my first phablet so it's a huge upgrade and I love it so far. I didn't think I could adjust but I'm impressed. It's so beautiful. Now just waiting for my apps to install

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
This Nexus 6P is so much nicer than the Nexus 6. It feels great. Although, because of the curve, the 6 is easier to type one handed. The 6P feels unstable. 6P is like an iPhone 5S. That's what it feels like.

Man, the Nexus 6 is just a fascinating phone. It's a big ass phone that doesn't gaf about being big. There's no elegance or refinement to it. It's a big phone and that's it.

NnP5xq1.png

My Nexus 7 just got the Android 6.0 update. Here goes nothing.
makes everything better man. For once it's a major android update with no real downside.

Of course I just jinxed it, I'm expecting another post from you about how it bricked your tablet/ruined its battery life :p

JoeFu

Banned
Dang the 6P is sexy as hell. I'm loving this thing so far. Zero lag, super responsive. The G4 would have some lag when typing and switching apps, but this thing just flies

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
The 6P is the Nexus we need but not the one we deserve.

daxter01

8/8/2010 Blackace was here
GAF how terrible Xperia Z3+ overheating issue is? want a new water resistant phone Z5 is too expensive and Xperia m5 apparently is under powered.

kami_sama

Does YouTube automatically change orientation for anybody else? I has been doing it for the last two daysdays. Not that I'm complaining.

Ty4on

Does YouTube automatically change orientation for anybody else? I has been doing it for the last two daysdays. Not that I'm complaining.
If auto rotate is turned off YouTube will go horizontal when I click full screen and rotate if I flip it upside down (but never go into vertical unless I exit full screen).

I hate auto rotate so it's nice being able to watch videos in landscape without flipping that switch.

jvm

Gamasutra.
makes everything better man. For once it's a major android update with no real downside.

Of course I just jinxed it, I'm expecting another post from you about how it bricked your tablet/ruined its battery life :p
Initial impression ... fast! We'll see how it works out long term. :)

kami_sama

If auto rotate is turned off YouTube will go horizontal when I click full screen and rotate if I flip it upside down (but never go into vertical unless I exit full screen).

I hate auto rotate so it's nice being able to watch videos in landscape without flipping that switch.
Yeah, I also hate autorotate.

Nope. I wish mine did that actually, who the fuck watches video in vertical mode.
Not me. I still don't know why it changed.

I'd definitely get the iPhone out of those phones, especially if your work is paying for the phone.

The 5X is a nice phone but it can't compete with any of those devices if cost doesn't matter and it'd be a downgrade on everything except the OS from your S6. I'd pretty much avoid Samsung's crap because you'll be lucky to get 1-2 software updates and if you do they'll take forever not to mention that TouchWiz bloat. Don't know much about the Xperia, but given Sony's past quality control issues with their phones I'd just avoid them entirely, especially when they mentioned not long ago they'd pull the plug on their phones if they continued to not sell well.
iphone or 5x

Nicktendo86

It's like with the Android silver rumours, the demise of the Nexus line with an actual Google phone always seems to come around but never seems to materialise.

This is a great article about how bad Apple have become with design in terms of user interaction, I think it goes perfectly with what I said a few weeks back about 3D touch with the overcomplicating of iOS.

http://www.fastcodesign.com/3053406/how-apple-is-giving-design-a-bad-name

So... While I'm in love with this phone... I believe I might have a bad lemon or maybe I'm not giving it time...

My battery life seems to just die. It was showing me on 98% that I have 2 hrs of time left to use it. I think that's super outrageous?

So... While I'm in love with this phone... I believe I might have a bad lemon or maybe I'm not giving it time...

My battery life seems to just die. It was showing me on 98% that I have 2 hrs of time left to use it. I think that's super outrageous?
Sure sounds like a wakelock, is the phone warm/hot? Does the battery view shows any apps with high drain?

I had a drain on my old N5 with the wlan search from the location services, check/disable that option, if that is the problems' root.

kagete

Two different tempered glass screen protectors, running my thumb along it, and my wife's laser sharp vision confirms it: my nexus 6P's lower right corner of the screen is slanted upwards and raised up. This admittedly makes me feel a little bummed out but it's still a 4.5/5 phone, minus the gigantic size for my tiny hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom