• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT6| Huawei or the iWay [Nobody Reads Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noema

My brother just got the 6P and he's wondering something..

How come when you change the aspect ratio to 16:9, the megapixel changes to .9? and on his edge+, it stays at 12mp?

Probably because the Edge has a 16:9 sensor whereas the 6P has a 4:3 sensor so it has to crop down the image down to 16:9.

Motorola has the Moto Maxx 2014 (Moto Droid turbo in the US I think) , for sale this weekend in my country. It goes for around $300. It's kinda tempting with that 3900mAh battery. Other than that it's basically a 5.2" Nexus 6 with capacitive buttons.

Please someone convince it'd be a bad idea to get it.

I'm sure this has been discussed a million times in this thread already, but in short, what do you think is the best current round Android watch? Motorola Moto 360? It seems like Motorola is still the only company that make watches that don't look like garbage. Battery life is still a problem, yeah? I use a Samsung Gear Fit which has at least five days of battery life, but it's not exactly an Android Wear, so I'm thinking of upgrading.

thenexus6

I might look into getting a new phone soon, I currently have a Z1 compact and want something a little bigger, plus my power button has recessed so far into the phone its basically flush to the side now.

I am not bothered about being on the cutting each of tech anymore, but I am looking for something new or used around £100-120, light skin and must have micro SD slot.

What are my best options?

Noema

Sadly, rooting means I wouldn't be able to access my work email on it. Rats.

Cyanogenmod lets you root and unroot on the fly and gives you several reboot options.

rRIYTPN.png

Kevyt

This same thing is happening over in androidcentral. New orders being shipped right instantly as opposed to old preorders as well as people cancelling and reordering. Any reason behind this?

I'm asking cause I just ordered a 32gb aluminum from the Google store. Hope it makes it because I leave on the 22nd. Though my parents leave the 29th so I hope my chances are good.

I went ahead and cancelled my pending order and ordered through Google yesterday and right now I just received an email that my Nexus 6p has shipped. That was fast, lol.

I think you should also be receiving an email with shipping info too. It seems Google received a large batch from Huawei, especially the aluminum color.

lunchtoast

Well my Nexus 5 took a crap last night. Since I don't want to be phone-less for a while, I did some quick research on both the Nexus 5x and 6p. Even though spec wise the 6p is superior, the 5x's smaller size and LCD screen (I worry about burn-in on AMOLED) made me order it. Have I made a big mistake?

I went from 5 to 5x, no mistake.

clav

Well my Nexus 5 took a crap last night. Since I don't want to be phone-less for a while, I did some quick research on both the Nexus 5x and 6p. Even though spec wise the 6p is superior, the 5x's smaller size and LCD screen (I worry about burn-in on AMOLED) made me order it. Have I made a big mistake?

No. We just have a lot of users seeking validation for purchases.

Shitting on them is a social strategy.

Ugh, my iPhone 6 Plus has been crap since the iOS 9 update. Looking at android phones now. What's the best bang for your bucks? I was looking at the 5X but is it better to spend the extra money for the 6P or does it not matter? Moto X pure still a contender?

CronoShot

Ugh, my iPhone 6 Plus has been crap since the iOS 9 update. Looking at android phones now. What's the best bang for your bucks? I was looking at the 5X but is it better to spend the extra money for the 6P or does it not matter? Moto X pure still a contender?

6P, definitely. Although the Moto X Pure is solid if you want to save $100 bucks, but I think the jump to the 6P is worth it.

Best bang for your buck is probably the Zenfone 2. If you want a true powerhouse for cheap, the Pure Edition or 6P is your best bet.

cocopuffs

Banned
Finally managed to order a 64GB Frost 6P with Nexus Protect.

Now to go caseless or not...definitely using a tempered glass protector but not sure about a case

bbyybb

CGI bullshit is the death knell of cinema
Picked up a 6P today, went from an Xperia Z to this.

Not much to add as I haven't really had a chance to really try it all out. Just making sure I have everything I need off the old phone.

Not sure about getting a screen protector yet.

The package came with a Huawei branded case and headphones.

Someone from another forum took a photo.

I need to look for a better case and a running band for it at some point soon.

Any popular cases that you people can recommend?

Kaworu

I need some help! I have a Japanese friend that is gonna move to Australia for some months and wants to use there an old Japanese Galaxy S3 and I want to be sure that the phone is compatible with the protocols and frequencies used there.

Those are the supposed specs of the phone: http://www.imei.info/phonedatabase/12846-samsung-sc-06d-galaxy-s-iii/. As it's compatible with GSM 850 900 1800 1900 and 850 900 1900 2100 HSPA+ it seems that it should work just fine. Can somebody help me out confirming it?

Tampler

Man, iPhone 4 was my first ever smart phone back in 2011 and I was with iOS for years until I got the Sony Xperia Z5 last week. I've done nothing except downloading and trying different launchers. Some pretty awesome stuff out there.

BTW guys there's an app called Doze on the Platform that emulates the 6.0 feature. Just downloaded it and using it for a day. Too soon for any impressions.

Noema

So apparently Motorola Connect is being discontinued.

I need the best tool for connecting messages (eps. SMS) from phone to browser/desktop. The Motorola Connect Chrome Extension recommended Pushbullet and something else (forgot what) when it announced to me that it was going to be discontinued.

Probably getting Moto X Pure or Nexus 6P sometime this winter...

Ideas? Thanks!

Have you tried AirDroid?

You're batshit insane with phones. btw are images loading super slow on gaf for anyone else? Like dial-up slow.

Nah, I usually don't change that much. This is the first hear I've bought a few different ones. Still I have a OPO, because nothing this year is really worth an upgrade. Hopefully the 820 delivers. All I want is all the LTE bands for T-Mobile, fingerprint scanner, power and volume on different sides of the phone, a 5.5in screen, front facing speakers, notification light, and capacitive keys.

Noema

Posting from my brand new Nexus 6 (non P)

Got it at Walmart for about USD$250. I wasn't even planning on buying it. Makes my. 2013 Moto G look downright microscopic

Can't wait to root the shit out of it.

My first impression is that the display is kind of... Meh. It has a soft, almost blurry look to it.

TheZink

Got it at Walmart for about USD$250. I wasn't even planning on buying it. Makes my. 2013 Moto G look downright microscopic

My first impression is that the display is kind of... Meh. It has a soft, almost blurry look to it.
walmart is selling them for $250? Is it unlocked?

Guys I need a little bit of help.

I am gonna get a phone for my Grandfather. He is pretty old (in his 80s) so I would like to set it up for him in a way that its the least amount of hassle possible. I gave him my old android phone to test out since this will be his first touch phone and he didnt get on with it too well. Too many options, too many things he could click on.

So I figure on this one, I will install some sort of a launcher. Something that makes everything super large (his eyesight isnt that great) and basically locks out most of the phone settings. All he needs this phone for is calling, texts and camera. No internet, nothing else.

Any recommendations?

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead

That's a steal.

Guys I need a little bit of help.

I am gonna get a phone for my Grandfather. He is pretty old (in his 80s) so I would like to set it up for him in a way that its the least amount of hassle possible. I gave him my old android phone to test out since this will be his first touch phone and he didnt get on with it too well. Too many options, too many things he could click on.

So I figure on this one, I will install some sort of a launcher. Something that makes everything super large (his eyesight isnt that great) and basically locks out most of the phone settings. All he needs this phone for is calling, texts and camera. No internet, nothing else.

Any recommendations?

Get him like an older Galaxy S cause it has easy mode.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Well somebody stole my 6p at work. Fuck that person.
Got damn that's savage af where do you work and who do you suspect

It would have to be an Android geek. No one else would risk it for an unknown phone.

Exokell

Banned
Got damn that's savage af where do you work and who do you suspect

It would have to be an Android geek. No one else would risk it for an unknown phone.
I know who stole it. We have cameras at my work, I watched the footage. The problem is the act cannot be seen from the footage. A wall was blocking the veiw. Motherfucker turned off the phone right away when he stole it. I know the guy. Just say any dumb shit and he's done it. Stab somebody check. DUI check. Drugs check. I bet he's gonna make some good money from it.

I know who stole it. We have cameras at my work, I watched the footage. The problem is the act cannot be seen from the footage. A wall was blocking the veiw. Motherfucker turned off the phone right away when he stole it. I know the guy. Just say any dumb shit and he's done it. Stab somebody check. DUI check. Drugs check. I bet he's gonna make some good money from it.
lol wtf where do you work where he would get hired

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom