• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT6| Huawei or the iWay [Nobody Reads Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go to setting > voice > voice output, and make sure it's set to on. If that doesn't work, then you are currently experiencing the same issue as I. After one of the updates a couple of months ago, the Google app will not respond to me at all, no matter what question I ask or query I make. What's weird is that if you do a voice search within Chrome, you'll still get voice responses.

Just checked, I do have voice output set to on. So it seems to have some issues on that end? I keep thinking I'm just missing something because it really doesn't seem to work in the way it seems to be advertised (at least from their new commercials and stuff :p)

Google Now decides when it wants to talk. There no option to turn it talking to you off or on.

That's kinda weird. Is there some kind of mode where I can get voice confirmation? Or some app that lets me control basic functions like reading/sending texts with voice?

Saiyan-Rox

fingerprint scanners are beginning to annoy me

they're just constantly not working and I have to re-scan my fingers every couple of days

Had to do this on my OP2 and now my 6P too

jwhit28

Don't know how many people here still put up with a 1st gen Moto G, but I gave my Verizon one to a friend today, and when he turned it on he had an update for Android 5.1.

Esqueleto

Banned
Seems the new windows 10 update broke MTP for me. Nothing is working. I reinstalled the media feature pack but I still get nothing.

Edit: Finally got it working. There's a new version of the media pack just for this update. KB3099229

Jzero

fingerprint scanners are beginning to annoy me

they're just constantly not working and I have to re-scan my fingers every couple of days

Had to do this on my OP2 and now my 6P too
God, i thought i was the only person having this problem. I thought it was from callouses from the gym or something.

tzare

interesting that benchmark scores are higher. The other day there were some posts talking about Apple's A9 chip performance vs SD ones, but i think the SoC is nice and all, but that extra (single core) performance is probably because it is tailored to iOS needs instead of superior SoC design.

On the other hand i hope these changes come to Note 4 too. Especially themes. Crosses fingers.

Just checked, I do have voice output set to on. So it seems to have some issues on that end? I keep thinking I'm just missing something because it really doesn't seem to work in the way it seems to be advertised (at least from their new commercials and stuff :p)

That's kinda weird. Is there some kind of mode where I can get voice confirmation? Or some app that lets me control basic functions like reading/sending texts with voice?
Yeah, it's issues on Google's end, at least that's the conclusion I've come to since the way it's advertised is exactly the way it normally works.

The setting I directed you too actually is like an "on/off" switch, though "off" in this case is actually for it too only work with hands free mode. If the app is not responding to you vocally, then I think it's an issue with the app.

Even though the app may not be talking back to you, you can still send texts and make calls and control system settings (like turning on Wi-Fi) through voice.

Edit: Is the app set to English? I know some countries/languages don't have the same functionality as English does.

So I was going to buy a Oneplus X for a friend as a Christmas gift, but I got my invite at the worst time for me, do I have to purchase in 3 days or can I claim the invite and just use it when I want it?

Saiyan-Rox

So I was going to buy a Oneplus X for a friend as a Christmas gift, but I got my invite at the worst time for me, do I have to purchase in 3 days or can I claim the invite and just use it when I want it?

3 days to activate the invite then 24 hours to use it after activation

I'm not sure if this works on Android, but when the iPhone 5S came out people had similar issues and IIRC one fix was continuing to scan your finger in the setup to improve accuracy.

I don't think the Android one works like that unfortunately

God, i thought i was the only person having this problem. I thought it was from callouses from the gym or something.

Yep thought I was the only one too thankfully i'm not

I do work with a shit tone of cardboard every day which dries out my hands like crazy but I do rehydrate my hands after but it's god damn annoying constantly feeling that double vibrate of an error.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
CUGoHAxWcAAmtk-.jpg

http://www.androidcentral.com/limit...3309&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

Coketruck

Has anyone else had problems with their Gmail app syncing on Marshmallow? I used Gmail for both my private Gmail account and my work account (IMAP), and never had an issue until I got a 6P and Marshmallow. Now, the app won't sync with my IMAP account. Disabling and re-enabling sync doesn't work, removing and re-adding the account doesn't work, nothing works. Any tips?

Furyous

By the time I save up for the Z5C and androidpay launches on the platform proper then the GS7 will be out. I could buy one now but screw using a device with camera blur at full price. Does anyone with a Z5C care to comment on the fingerprint sensor quality?

Does Sony have a trade-in program for old devices? I'd literally only need the Z5C until September when the iphone 7/Z7C comes out and wrecks shit. It's crazy that Sony will be on their seventh Xperia device next year. 5.2 inches is my maximum screen size limit so that leaves to choose between Sony and Samsung.

Furyous

How much does the Z5C cost? If you're only going to use it for not even a year why pay so much for one device.

I need something to use as my iphone 5 display just died. The Z5C is $520 on amazon right now and will drop to around 480 by the time Marshmallow launches next year. I'll probably wait until Sony fixes the camera blur issues and properly releases Marshmallow. Technically, the Z5C already has a Marshmallow ROM but doesn't support AndroidPay to my knowledge and actually loading the developer ROM breaks DRM keys needed for camera support.

Saiyan-Rox

So guys would the nvida shield be a good replacement over the N9?

Honestly the memory issue on the N9 kills it and yeah I know the sheild is nvidia too but does it have the same memory issues?

XBP

Just got an invite for the Oneplus X. I need to decide between that and zenfone 2. Which one would you guys choose? I'm leaning towards the zenfone. 64GB, decent performance and has decent support.

Bloodember

Honestly the memory issue on the N9 kills it and yeah I know the sheild is nvidia too but does it have the same memory issues?
I have the shield tablet and have no memory issues that i can see. Its a great tablet, my favorite tablet i've owned.

Saiyan-Rox

I have the shield tablet and have no memory issues that i can see. Its a great tablet, my favorite tablet i've owned.

No redraws for the home screen? And no refreshing tabs on chrome or anything like that? I'm seriously considering it atm

Also just found out the new one doesn't come with a charger XD theyre pulling a Nintendo

No redraws for the home screen? And no refreshing tabs on chrome or anything like that? I'm seriously considering it atm

Also just found out the new one doesn't come with a charger XD theyre pulling a Nintendo

You realize not including a charger that's literally all over your house vs not including a charger that is proprietary is apples to oranges right?

Bloodember

Nope, have not had any of those issues. Plus do you really need more chargers?

Bloodember

Yeah I know...I don't want these things i'm just sayin for the sake of saying.

Was just about to put the order in there on Amazon when suddenly I remembered about the Pixel C
Ah gotcha, the pixel c isnt out yet, nor does it have a release date, besides this holiday. Plus it'll be $500.

Noema

Just got an invite for the Oneplus X. I need to decide between that and zenfone 2. Which one would you guys choose? I'm leaning towards the zenfone. 64GB, decent performance and has decent support.

ZenFone 2 if you can tolerate ZenUI.

Saiyan-Rox

Went for the Nvidia Shield in the end

Hopefully it'll perform better than this N9 and the Micro SD card and steaming support is an added bonus

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead

Zenpad is better. The 4GB one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom