• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT6| Huawei or the iWay [Nobody Reads Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatalah

You rock dude! I was researching baby monitors for the last 3 hours, instead of poking around this thread! Wish I came here earlier in the night!

I just ordered a mint one -- super excited.

B&H Photo is right by my office, near Penn Station in NYC. They better fulfill my order soon! My e-mail confirmation says "more coming soon".

I also received a $25 gift card to B&H as well. Sweet sweet deal.

After a day of mostly streaming the 1 1/2 NFL games through Chrome and reading a bit. Auto-Brightness has never not been on since i got it. Also 99021 process sometimes shown up in the Battery report is GPS i noticed

I let it get down to 9% plugged it in then remember I should have taken screen shots. That until full estimate is such bull also
X0hHZvx.png

MxDyguz.png

P2DTARp.png

You rock dude! I was researching baby monitors for the last 3 hours, instead of poking around this thread! Wish I came here earlier in the night!

I just ordered a mint one -- super excited.

B&H Photo is right by my office, near Penn Station in NYC. They better fulfill my order soon! My e-mail confirmation says "more coming soon".

I also received a $25 gift card to B&H as well. Sweet sweet deal.

Your welcome :) Best Buy and Google now have this price as well.

Fatalah

Your welcome :) Best Buy and Google now have this price as well.

Well, now I wish I ordered from Best Buy so I could pick it up in the morning. Although... the $25 B&H gift card is great.

Question: Is there any upside to ordering a Nexus phone from the Google Store?

UPDATE: Just ordered my mint model on Amazon. I want this thing to arrive on Sunday. In Amazon we trust.

jwhit28

Got the 32GB Midnight Blue Nexus 6. So much phone for $200. Most of the day I figured I'd end up with a Asus Zenphone 2 or a Nexus 5. I'm glad I waited.

Ordered a white nexus 6. This is a no lose situation when I can sell my oneplus one for more than I paid for the 6 or gift it to someone. Amazon gave me free same day shipping so I will have it tomorrow.

linkboy

That's an insanely good price for the nexus 6. Kinda wish I had waited, but if I didn't get my N6 when it dropped to $399, I'd probably throw my N5 into a wall.

Oh shit, they have like new used ones for $169 also. I just picked up a like new used one for $169. Seems like only the box might be slightly damaged.

Got the 32GB Midnight Blue Nexus 6. So much phone for $200. Most of the day I figured I'd end up with a Asus Zenphone 2 or a Nexus 5. I'm glad I waited.

I was in the same boat too, trying to decide between the Zenfone 2 and the (then-recently-revealed) OnePlus X. I was leaning heavily towards the Zenfone due to its greater amount of RAM, Storage, and hardware features. But it was the beginning of November, so I decided to wait and see if they would put the Zenfone 2 on sale for Black Friday. Then the Nvidia Shield Tablet K1 was suddenly released, so it morphed into a tough decision between the Zenfone 2 and the Shield K1. Of course, this Nexus 6 deal came up, and as I said in my previous post, it sounds like the best of both worlds. Hope it lives up to that expectation. :)

I bit on the 5x. I know I said I was gonna just try and hold on to my LG G3, but for that price, I had to. Can probably still get a somewhat decent price for the G3 to make this an even better purchase! Hahaha.

Welp, my S4's looking like it's finally on its last legs. Home button didn't work in the regular, performance sucks far worse than normal. Can't really afford a decent phone right now unless it's maybe something under $50. What's the cheapest I can get a moto e for?

Edit: My only other options are my old Nexus S and iPhone 3gs (don't have my 4s any more). Both these phones are utter shit right now. No way I could use either.

Reckoner

Back of the phone is more convenient for me than the display itself. It's just so natural feeling. I can unlock the phone while picking it up. A panel reader would be less elegant, I think. I generally don't touch my screen when grabbing it from rest.

The speed of the fingerprint sensors these days don't make that a problem, imo.

Is Amazon Europe going to do any deals on some Androids? I would grab a Nexus 6 64gb again or a Z5c if there are some cool deals, but both are still at 649 and 499 respectively.

Lagamorph

Hi guys.
I've just started using Lollopop and one of the first things I've noticed is that in my app drawer, there are now 4 apps always at the top that seem to be my most recently used apps.
How do I get rid of this? All I want is my installed apps in alphabetical order. I've looked through the menu but I can't find any kind of menu for changing the app drawer settings, and googling to look for the location of any such menu just gives results on how to install the lollipop app drawer on marshmallow.

I'm using a Nexus 6P incase that's relevant.

Saiyan-Rox

Hi guys.
I've just started using Lollopop and one of the first things I've noticed is that in my app drawer, there are now 4 apps always at the top that seem to be my most recently used apps.
How do I get rid of this? All I want is my installed apps in alphabetical order. I've looked through the menu but I can't find any kind of menu for changing the app drawer settings, and googling to look for the location of any such menu just gives results on how to install the lollipop app drawer on marshmallow.

I'm using a Nexus 6P incase that's relevant.

Only way is to change the launcher to something like Nova etc

mrklaw

MrArseFace
whats the best budget android with a front facing camera that would be <£100 (so maybe $150?) Daughter has a lumia 530 with no front facing camera so would like a new one for christmas.

Saiyan-Rox

I see Google couldn't bring themselves to put the 5X here on sale like in the US

Not that it's surprising in any way shape or form.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Bought a 32GB 5X for $350. Fair price.

That was quick. Ordered my nexus 6 last night at 2am and I just got it. Can't believe I got this for $199. I got a used like new one coming that I paid $169 for too.

More likely LG, as they supply the OLED for Apple Watch and are dropping 8.7 BILLION on a new OLED factory.
we'll see. Samsung currently owns the smartphone OLED market. Not bad at all if LG can get in on the game. Lord knows they need the money. But until they prove themselves apple will go samsung.

They have 2 years though.

Google Services is draining my battery like crazy. How the heck do I fix it?
try disabling different google related services and see if it stops. Maybe try disabling location services first and see if it's still at the top. Then try other stuff.

zewone

16GB Nexus 5X viable as a daily driver?

32GBs no longer available on B&H and I don't feel like spending $80 more (after tax) for a 32GB from Best Buy.

16GB Nexus 5X viable as a daily driver?

32GBs no longer available on B&H and I don't feel like spending $80 more (after tax) for a 32GB from Best Buy.
Personally I make out fine with 16GB but I can understand why people would want more. That's enough space for me to store a ton of apps, some games, download some playlists and still have quite a bit of space left for pictures and documents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom