• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT6| Huawei or the iWay [Nobody Reads Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Google's Chrome to Phone extension is being phased out and will not work from April. I'm disappointed with this.

Sad to hear. I was thinking of dumping Pushbullet and go back to Chrome to Phone, as that's all I use it for anyway.

Their suggested methods of going to the browser and typing it in is not nearly as easy as right clicking on something.

AndyD

aka andydumi
We know iOS is stupid about this. All of the core apps are OS updated vs App Store which is dumb as fuck.

I think that's because emoji are system wide not keyboard specific. I know I had to flash around with them on my LG phone to get back to the stock google ones so they are the same as the hangouts desktop experience when received on the phone.

Jigolo

I like the new button placement for tablets and it's hopefully a sign of something coming in the next update hopefully.

My N10 is weeping for it right now.

Noema

Gonna flash 6.0.1 as soon as I get home. Time to go back to stock; the CM13 Nightlies still need some time in the oven, I think.

Will be nice to have the new emojis in notifications and Tinder. Whatsapp has had them for a while since they hack their own emoji keyboard in but they only exist within the app. It's annoying getting notifications with emoji that just display as a blank square (since all my friends have iPhones) and having to open whatsapp to see what the hell the other person means.

RedFyn

I really only use one gesture but it's nice to have them available. My favorite thing is just being able to make a clean home screen.

Exactly. Not like I'm going places just for kicks. I'm going to Walmart or Target or my local mall for shit I need anyways. Might as well get the kicks to end up with a free gift card.

I just wish I got the kicks as long as I have the app installed, and I didn't have to open it.

Mmm I thought its a Fatwallet/Befrugal cash back type of thing. If its free stuff for being in a store, I may be able to use it. I got tons of Android phones.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Mmm I thought its a Fatwallet/Befrugal cash back type of thing. If its free stuff for being in a store, I may be able to use it. I got tons of Android phones.

It'll tell you what kind of points at each store. You can get points for walking in. Points for scanning certain items. Then points for buying shit if your card is linked. I just mainly do the first one aka walk-in kicks.

screenshot_2015-12-07ctslc.png

Like Best Buy has 100 points for just checking in when you walk-in.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Feels like the days of everyone ROMing, customizing, debating over 3rd party launchers ect... has passed.

People just want to use their phone and for shit to work.

AndyD

aka andydumi
How old is Nova launcher btw? When was it first released

At least 3-4 years. I have had it on my previous phone and I am on year 3 of my current one. Best thing about it to me is that it's not fancy and gimmicky, it just takes stock and adds all the little niggling options you might want, like grids, gestures, and settings for drawer, folders and so forth and it's super fast.

It'll tell you what kind of points at each store. You can get points for walking in. Points for scanning certain items. Then points for buying shit if your card is linked. I just mainly do the first one aka walk-in kicks.

Like Best Buy has 100 points for just checking in when you walk-in.

Haha I work next to a mall and have a few prepaid phones, I am going to destroy shopkick.

wilflare

so Google's phone backup/restore doesn't offer much in restoring app data? (is there a list of supported apps?)

gonna replace my Note3 soon... phone's internal memory got corrupted... and data's gone :(

Nexus 6P or Note5 (or iPhone 6S)?

Reckoner

so Google's phone backup/restore doesn't offer much in restoring app data? (is there a list of supported apps?)

gonna replace my Note3 soon... phone's internal memory got corrupted... and data's gone :(

Nexus 6P or Note5 (or iPhone 6S)?

You can't go wrong with those three.

Just try them in store and see what you like best. Keep in mind that out of those, the Note5 takes some time to receive the latest updates, but Sammy is getting better at it and Touchwiz's Marshmallow is looking hot. It has unique and interesting features, though, like the S-Pen and note capabilities, and also rocks the best phone display on the market.

Mindwipe

I still can't help but feel I don't gain much from the Pixel C over the Z4 tablet. And I can probably find the Z4 a bit cheaper now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom