• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT6| Huawei or the iWay [Nobody Reads Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.

thuway

My poor old mother got a Asus Zenphone 2 as a backup phone and is so jarred when she uses it haha. I hope the next update makes it easy for her. Installing Aviate helped a lot.

It's implementation that is key. I'm sure exactly how it's used on the new iphones is what samsung and co will copy in 2016. Once Apple hands it off devs for ios will make it takeoff and then it'll be the next must have thing.
Funny how these copy business work. When Apple copies Samsung’s big screen, or a gazillion features from android in its latest iOS, you don’t see iRentboys going rabid and holding Apple to such high standards. Meh, why harp this tired old rhetoric? Fact is, everybody copies everybody. It’s not a trait exclusive to Apple or any OEM

popeutlal

My poor old mother got a Asus Zenphone 2 as a backup phone and is so jarred when she uses it haha. I hope the next update makes it easy for her. Installing Aviate helped a lot.
There is an "Easy Mode" in the settings, too should turn that on for her.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Why hasn't that six-finger guy gotten his hands on the Nexus 5-2/6-2 and posted a video walkthrough yet? He's slipping.

slide-nexus-5-2015.jpg

Why are the specs cut off? Why is it sub-potato quality?

Also, looking at the blog in the watermark, they say it comes in 32/64gb options (YAY!) but... 2 GB RAM (teh fuq?!). Although, for the latter, they do say "to be confirmed," so I'm guessing that spec isn't actually on the rest of the slide.

You mean Apple inventing wireless charging? Sure thing!

I don't know why, but Apple appears to have problems with things they either can't put Apple before the actual name or rename like they want.
Maybe if Qi allows Apple to call it Apple Qi, could work, right? (Only half joking)

snacknuts

we all knew her
Welp, I just pre-ordered a Moto X Pure. I had been waiting for official details about the N5-2, but all I care about is stock Android, fast updates, and a respectable camera. Now that Moto doesn't have to go to the carriers to push updates (which I didn't realize until today), I can get all of that with the MXP.

Yeah, the new Nexus 5 might beat the Nexus 4 as the worst looking Nexus phone.

That's crazy talk. The N4 is by far my favorite Nexus design.

It's pretty plain on the front, but the back is unlike any other phone out there. My nearly 3 year old Nexus 4 still looks cool just cause of the back.

who_gives_a_shit.gif

Really, it's the back, you aren't going to stair at it all day, if you don't like it just put a skin on it or put it in a case.

Some people care about how the things look they spend hundreds on and use every day. Crazy, I know.

And those shitty skin cases are ruined by default, because of the stupid fingerprint reader on the back.

SimleuqiR

You need to be quicker with your sparky remarks, because it was made clear that it wasn't about the logo alone, but how busy the back looks.

You rather have:

Smaller camera sensor (to reduce the bulge)
Remove the laser focus
Remove the dual LED flash
Move the finger print to the front (creating even bigger bezels)
Remove the finger print altogether to make the back and front clean - setting back using Android Pay with finger print sensor.

That will give you a nice looking back and much less features. But hey, it will look clean.

Groof

The vertical nexus logo is horrible. I hate it on the n5, I hate it on the n6 and I definitely hate it on the new n5. The only place it worked was the n7.

N4 GOAT nexus design.

Some people care about how the things look they spend hundreds on and use every day. Crazy, I know.

And those shitty skin cases are ruined by default, because of the stupid fingerprint reader on the back.

I stand by my statement. I've never cared about the back of a phone, if it's comfortable I'm fine.

hitgirl

You rather have:

Smaller camera sensor (to reduce the bulge)
Remove the laser focus
Remove the dual LED flash
Move the finger print to the front (creating even bigger bezels)
Remove the finger print altogether to make the back and front clean - setting back using Android Pay with finger print sensor.

That will give you a nice looking back and much less features. But hey, it will look clean.

Sounds good to me.

The Apple conference is pissing me off. I don't understand how people can be infatuated with this company. So fucking unimpressive. Now Apple is making Gif phone.

reKon

Banned
any price cut on the iPad Air 2? I'm going to assume no because of no Air 3 this year. We're thinking about getting my mom a replacement for her iPad 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom