• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT6| Huawei or the iWay [Nobody Reads Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmiPrime

The Apple conference is pissing me off. I don't understand how people can be infatuated with this company. So fucking unimpressive. Now Apple is making Gif phone.

That was probably my favourite bit. :(

iPhone 6S camera is so good, looks like it's worth putting up with iOS for.

Hasney

Yeah, if I ever used the camera, I'd have stuck with iOS most likely when I made the switch. Obviously not for live gifs mind you.

Nowt of interest there at all phone wise, but hey, it's an S.

Reckoner

The Force Touch is definitely nice on usability, but the conference was a bit underwhelming. There were good products, but I can't say it completely pushed me on pre-ordering the new iPhone right away. The Z5c is still weighting in. I have to see some hands on yet.

Wreav

Banned
3D Touch definitely the highlight today. Digging the multiple options you get from a longpress. The whole peeking mechanic, however, seems kinda pointless. Multitasking makes much more sense being bound to force touch, which makes me wonder if they'll allow a double tap of the home button to now be used to launch the camera.

A man can dream.

jokkir

Unlike the handful of cheaply priced, minimally powered Android game consoles that have come and gone over recent years, Apple TV has the support of a billion dollar company determined to control the flow of media in our living rooms.

Please, Verge

Quixzlizx

Engadget said:
The latter is called the Pencil, and in typical Apple fashion it's a simple, minimalist-looking tool. It has pressure sensitivity, meaning if you press harder it'll register your strength with a thicker, or darker stroke.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that Apple users need to be told what a pencil is and how it works, since it hadn't been invented until Apple revealed it.

Nikodemos

Minimally-powered? Like the Tegra 4 devices which considerably bested their Qualcomm/ARM powered rivals?

This ain't even ass-kissing anymore, it's full-on analingus.

EDIT: lol at the press-sensitive stylus. Yeah, obviously nobody thought about it until Apple came by.

Hasney

I'd say Apple were determined to control some flow of money into Verges pockets, but we know they'd not be dumb enough to support their shitty level of writing. Think they were shitting on DSLRs too. They're just shit overall.

I still don't see Apple TV taking off in a big way. Has some cool features for us ability, but considering Smart TVs have a lot of the functionality, is the price worth it just to make the same content a little more accessible?

I'm talking actual video content here, not multiplayer isometric Frogger. Hell, even Samsung's shitty TV software has PS Now, uh, now.

Reckoner

3D Touch definitely the highlight today. Digging the multiple options you get from a longpress. The whole peeking mechanic, however, seems kinda pointless. Multitasking makes much more sense being bound to force touch, which makes me wonder if they'll allow a double tap of the home button to now be used to launch the camera.

A man can dream.

They should at least let you choose what a double press does. Can be camera or whatever you want. Seems like a simple thing to do.

Thankfully the new iPhone looked hugely disappointing to me which pushes off any feeling towards me spending a boatload of money to upgrade towards one.

jokkir

Prices for the Moto 360v2 is ridiculous (at least in Canada). No way I can see Android Wear taking off at this pace

JdonMf1.png

Also, it's $499 for the Huawei watch

Hasney

Prices for the Moto 360v2 is ridiculous (at least in Canada). No way I can see Android Wear taking off at this pace

JdonMf1.png

Also, it's $499 for the Huawei watch

Prices crash pretty hard on Android Wear so far. They won't stay that price for long.

Jigolo

That mini app pop up shortcuts using force touch is something moto did years ago with the Atrix?

Don't really remember, been following tech for too long now

I can't tell if you guys are serious. I couldn't watch it all because shit went down at work but is the 6S not exactly what people were expecting? S cycle is usually for minor spec bumps. or was there some rumour that didn't pan out.

I can't tell if you guys are serious. I couldn't watch it all because shit went down at work but is the 6S not exactly what people were expecting? S cycle is usually for minor spec bumps. or was there some rumour that didn't pan out.
How can you not tell? The conference sucked. End of story. I have yet to see why I should buy an iPhone.

Salsa

I know y'all about the latest but does anyone have any experience with the LG G3 S / Beat?

looks like that's the one phone I can get from my carrier for free after breakin my S3

spec wise it actually seems a slight bit worse than the S3 (8gb internal opposed to 16gb. 1.2 cpu rather than 1.4) but it seems better on the software side of things (had the S3 rooted with archidroid tho) and a bigger screen (same res)

dunno. Im not doing too good on money so it might be enough

reviews arent great but mostly they just mention how its not really competitive cause of its price (ie better same-range phones), but my carrier offers it to me as a replacement with no more money on top

so...

Salsa

I guess another option would be a 2nd gen Moto G

not sure what the advantage would be there. lollipop? other than that it seems pretty similar but without a removable battery

I guess another option would be a 2nd gen Moto G

not sure what the advantage would be there. lollipop? other than that it seems pretty similar but without a removable battery
LG G3 is a pretty good phone. Good camera, decent battery life. Just be warned that it gets hot fast. But if you're getting it free, I don't see a reason to turn it down.

Salsa

LG G3 is a pretty good phone. Good camera, decent battery life. Just be warned that it gets hot fast. But if you're getting it free, I don't see a reason to turn it down.

it aint a G3 proper

its the "mini" version

called either S or Beat depending on the country (Beat here)

the Moto G 2014 seems to be the best reviewed and overall liked around the same specs

im just not sure why

Reckoner

Force touch is so nice; Apple invented long presses on a smartphone as well as a gif maker.

Well, if you can't see how force touch adds to the usability and the gif maker is a fun thing that will be more accessible to everyone, you have the right to your opinion. I haven't yet seen a better implementation, at least of force touch, on any other phone.

It's not game changer, but are good things to have.

Hasney

I said earlier that apps for Android could use it right now, and ice just seen the proof. Search Force Touch Demo in the play store and see how forceful you can be with the API.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom