• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT6| Huawei or the iWay [Nobody Reads Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The dimensions are verrry slightly bigger than an S6 if someone wants to know what it would feel like in the hand.

But yeah I blame it on anyone that likes front facing speakers.

Saiyan-Rox

The dimensions are verrry slightly bigger than an S6 if someone wants to know what it would feel like in the hand.

But yeah I blame it on anyone that likes front facing speakers.

The moto grills aren't bad looking imho

Those ones tho....

if that's an official image from the case maker then we can assume it's 100% accurate cause they normally get them before release don't they? (at least demo ones anyway)

Maiar_m

Ugly as sin, that front for the new N5. September 29 better come with game changing, unleaked incentive or I'm trying to carry over my OG N5 to next year's batch.

The Z5 still looks like the best 2015 android phone, but that price... Gotta step up my dispensable tech budget.

I can't tell if you guys are serious. I couldn't watch it all because shit went down at work but is the 6S not exactly what people were expecting? S cycle is usually for minor spec bumps. or was there some rumour that didn't pan out.

it was more than i expected. i was stunned that they
use the LCD as a camera flash for the front facing camera.

expect that to be copied by everyone next year just like everyone has metal bodies.

Did no one post this?

WRywnWb.jpg
Those bezels are laughably huge. They actually look even bigger than iPhone bezels. Even Xperias have smaller ones.

I think grills actually look better than the moto ones which look kinda cheap tbh. Obviously I'd rather there be nothing at all.
ROFL, no it doesn't.
Ugly as sin, that front for the new N5. September 29 better come with game changing, unleaked incentive or I'm trying to carry over my OG N5 to next year's batch.

The Z5 still looks like the best 2015 android phone, but that price... Gotta step up my dispensable tech budget.
Or Sony have to make it more affordable.

RuGalz

Looks pretty much just the same as old N5 w/ front speakers. Bezel is fine by me. I like having a place to hold my phone thanks.

They're all whack, fuck front facing speakers what are you guys doing on these tiny ass screens. Watching movies and shit. At most I'll watch a quick youtube video and evne then it's usually with earphones in.

I'm baffled by it.

Wreav

Banned
I still wish they would have just used the same body as the 2013, except with a fingerprint scanner on the front.
Wut

Where

people still heated after that ace force touch implementation got people shook

I love all the BU BU BU X COMPANY DID IT FIRST as usual

Leave it to Apple to 1) nail the implementation of whatever tech they're debuting and 2) demonstrate the value of the technology to consumers in a way that no other company is able to.

How, exactly, did Samsung sell their Note stylus? By scribbling a note or two and showing a screenshot of the hover menu? Atrocious. Apple spent 5 minutes digging into the ways that the pen works from all angles, all the different ways it can register actions with the screen, etc.

And you're right, force touch bests any existing implementation of long touch on the market.

Reckoner

I said earlier that apps for Android could use it right now, and ice just seen the proof. Search Force Touch Demo in the play store and see how forceful you can be with the API.

I just checked, but ofc that doesn't give the same precision and feedback that Apple's display with the appropriate technology should give. It just checks if you are using the tip of the finger or placing a larger are of the finger on the screen (lol). Will have to try first myself, though. Only Force Touch I tried was the one on the MacBook and it amazed me how believable it felt.

I just checked, but ofc that doesn't give the same precision and feedback that Apple's display with the appropriate technology should give. It just checks if you are using the tip of the finger or placing a larger are of the finger on the screen (lol). Will have to try first myself, though. Only Force Touch I tried was the one on the MacBook and it amazed me how believable it felt.
the watch one is on point as well. The tech is key.

Blu Vivo Air LTE looking better and better.
I'm personally gonna make sure a mod bans whoever gets a Blu device

They're all whack, fuck front facing speakers what are you guys doing on these tiny ass screens. Watching movies and shit. At most I'll watch a quick youtube video and evne then it's usually with earphones in.

I'm baffled by it.

FFS aren't a thing for me because i have 2 UE BOOM speakers for when i want to splash out

hitgirl

Damn Nexus 5 really going to look like that and be $349...

4 hours with my Nexus 6 and I can already tell it's too large for day to day use. Although the extra real estate is nice.

hitgirl

I could have told you that for $20 bucks.

Yea. I figured it would be. It just has all the shit i want in a phone and is nice to have a non Verizon bloated phone. Oh well, I got 30 days return on amazon. Will decide nexus 5.2 or Moto X Pure (which is only $377 with my discount)

RM8

So guys, if I wanted a small flagship phone my best bet would be the Xperia Z5 Compact, right? Are there any other options?

EmiPrime

In reality it should say "it doesn't matter" for all the specs because when it's all said and done...if it's not an iphone, then well, it's not an iphone.

btw I got the Amazon earphones. I still would like a nice bluetooth pair that doesn't go right up my ear canal but these are really good. Thanks for posting the link a few weeks ago!

btw I got the Amazon earphones. I still would like a nice bluetooth pair that doesn't go right up my ear canal but these are really good. Thanks for posting the link a few weeks ago!
No probs, people like us got it hard these days earphone wise :( Mine was just delivered a day or two ago. They are pretty good. I like the quality of the wire. Definitely pick up a pair of these if you don't have it already: http://earskinz.com/

Makes the sound better and fits better in the year. They made the apple earpods I use ten times more comfortable. Worth the cost.

EmiPrime

No probs, people like us got it hard these days earphone wise :( Mine was just delivered a day or two ago. They are pretty good. I like the quality of the wire. Definitely pick up a pair of these if you don't have it already: http://earskinz.com/

Makes the sound better and fits better in the year. They made the apple earpods I use ten times more comfortable. Worth the cost.

Worth a punt at £8, thanks!

they literally compared apples to oranges?

why y'all still give them clicks?

They used to be really good. :( Then Topolsky left and it really did become iVerge.

You're right, I shouldn't.

I'm looking for a new reasonably priced android phone

I have a moto x 2013 that i still love and would continue to use if not for two issues ever since lollipop:

The phone makes horrible crackling noises at times when adjusting volume or when starting audio from spotify or podkicker.

When the phone runs out of battery and is restarted after charging it does the "optimizing app x of 80" and takes 15-20 minutes to even be available for use.

Would switching to a custom rom like cyanogenmod help with these issues possibly? Motorola wants $100 to replace the phone but with 2014 moto x at $180 used i could just upgrade.

If I don't just keep the moto x until it gets broken or stops working entirely I think the best option for a cheap upgrade would be the Moto X 2014 used/like new which seems to go for around $180 on ebay. Is this the best option?

I'm really not interested in doing another ATT Next plan or subsidizing again, but if i did it'd probably be better to go for one of the big flagship phones like the note 5, because they charge $600 on next for the moto x 2014 or nexus 6 anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom