• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT6| Huawei or the iWay [Nobody Reads Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.

kami_sama

Just installed CM12.1 on my Fire tablet. Outside the display, this is fucking great!

If anyone wants to buy one now, a word of caution, new ones come with FireOS 5.1.1 that doesn't let you install any other rom, at least for now.
I have an issue and not sure if it's my Note 5 or all phones are like it.

I just got a FitBit which uses Bluetooth. I never have my Bluetooth enabled in any phone until now.

The Internet on my phone is REALLY slow when I have it enabled. Anyone familiar with this?

I have a miband and BT on at all times, no change in performance or battery.

I have an issue and not sure if it's my Note 5 or all phones are like it.

I just got a FitBit which uses Bluetooth. I never have my Bluetooth enabled in any phone until now.

The Internet on my phone is REALLY slow when I have it enabled. Anyone familiar with this?

I have a Note 4 and haven't experienced this issue with my Fitbit.

I ordered that Blu phone last night. I figure that it'll be a small upgrade on my N4 and get me used to larger screens while I wait for the 820 phones to come out, plus I can always use it as a travel backup due to the dual-SIM. It'll also theoretically be getting 6.0 at some point, unlike the N4.

Should've made it 3GB RAM and 32GB storage and bump it up to $200. Would have made more sense.

I have a Note 5 and i dont have this issue. Maybe its the fitbit? Does it slow down without the fitbit attached also?

Just installed CM12.1 on my Fire tablet. Outside the display, this is fucking great!

If anyone wants to buy one now, a word of caution, new ones come with FireOS 5.1.1 that doesn't let you install any other rom, at least for now.

I have a miband and BT on at all times, no change in performance or battery.

I have a Note 4 and haven't experienced this issue with my Fitbit.

Hmm darnit. The performance is fine without the FitBit. Good point, I also have a controller (Moga) recently paired and it works fine. The Internet just lags incredibly and once I disable Bluetooth it works just fine.

Does the Nexus 6 display hurt anyone else's eyes? The screen is dim, but the colors are almost too bright on icons and in messenger, dialer, etc.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Finally got marshmallow on my LG G4.. Had to use bridge because OTA isn't available.. Country is Finland.

And started trying chromium based browser thats optimized for snapdragon:
http://caf.notphenom.com
Don't know if it's been mentioned here before.
Who else is using this? Seems sweet.

this_guy

Who else is using this? Seems sweet.

I downloaded it and currently trying it out. I can't find the ad blocker setting though. I also just switched from a Nexus 5x to a Galaxy S6 which is Exynos and not Snapdragon based. Seeing as how the current Snapdragon uses standard ARM cpu cores I don't see how whatever optimization they claim wouldn't also apply to Exynos.

I do like how there's a night mode. Some web pages are uglier using darker colors but if you're using an amoled screen it should help with battery life.

thuway

Galaxy S7 Plus sounds like the phone for me. 6 inch latest OLED panel, Snapdragon 820, and HOPEFULLY a much larger battery.

Ty4on

It's weird. I've never had this issue with samsung phones with oled screens. The colors are too vibrant. It's like they turned the color and saturation levels way up.
Could be some weird overheating when all the subpixels are turned on (white). I pulled that out of my ass though.

Have you checked if it stays that way at different brightness levels? I think color saturation can shift with brightness.

me0wish

My phone is stuck on boot loop, I need help guys :(
I have a Note 4 that I've tried to root in order to recover some important data, I followed a youtube video that did it on a version earlier than 5.1.1 and now my phone is stuck in a boot loop. I've tried using Odin to install stock firmware but it keeps on failing, I have no idea what to do as I'm new to this whole root thing..

Could be some weird overheating when all the subpixels are turned on (white). I pulled that out of my ass though.

Have you checked if it stays that way at different brightness levels? I think color saturation can shift with brightness.

The colors stay vibrant and oversaturated on things like icons and borders of apps no matter the brightness of the rest of the display. I'm playing with some color adjustments with a custom kernel now. It has gotten better, but still exists.

My phone is stuck on boot loop, I need help guys :(
I have a Note 4 that I've tried to root in order to recover some important data, I followed a youtube video that did it on a version earlier than 5.1.1 and now my phone is stuck in a boot loop. I've tried using Odin to install stock firmware but it keeps on failing, I have no idea what to do as I'm new to this whole root thing..

what important data were you trying to recover that required root?

me0wish

what important data were you trying to recover that required root?

My memory started filling up so I accidentally deleted my Snotes because I'm an idiot that just clicks on things randomly. Everything online suggested that I need to root my phone in order to use recovery on phones, so I followed this video in order to root:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fS6aPsqNPik

Now I'm stuck on this stupid loop, I tried factory reset, clearing cache, installing a couple of stock firmware for N910C and they all failed.

Edit: oh god, it works, the firmware region was different, and every guide I've looked at said that region doesn't matter as long as I am looking for N910C. Still need to recover those Snotes though, I hope with all the format I've done the data is still recoverable.

My memory started filling up so I accidentally deleted my Snotes because I'm an idiot that just clicks on things randomly. Everything online suggested that I need to root my phone in order to use recovery on phones, so I followed this video in order to root:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fS6aPsqNPik

Now I'm stuck on this stupid loop, I tried factory reset, clearing cache, installing a couple of stock firmware for N910C and they all failed.

Edit: oh god, it works, the firmware region was different, and every guide I've looked at said that region doesn't matter as long as I am looking for N910C. Still need to recover those Snotes though, I hope with all the format I've done the data is still recoverable.

depends. the data partition should be untouched and should still be recoverable as long as you didn't flash or clear the data partition or the rom you installed didn't do it.

did you have the notes synced to your Samsung Account and/or Evernote?

ana

I downloaded it and currently trying it out. I can't find the ad blocker setting though. I also just switched from a Nexus 5x to a Galaxy S6 which is Exynos and not Snapdragon based. Seeing as how the current Snapdragon uses standard ARM cpu cores I don't see how whatever optimization they claim wouldn't also apply to Exynos.

I do like how there's a night mode. Some web pages are uglier using darker colors but if you're using an amoled screen it should help with battery life.

It's called webrefiner in page settings..

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Finally got marshmallow on my LG G4.. Had to use bridge because OTA isn't available.. Country is Finland.

I just installed it and man, it's exactly like Chrome but better. Syncs and everything. Sweet.

Gonna try the battery saver mode.

Been trying this browser for the last few hours. Amazingly fast on my 6P.

Did you have any trouble getting your account to load? The setup seems off.

Same for me. I get an "account already exist error" or something like that.

Change your permissions settings to allow it to use Contacts.

So I pulled my Fire Phone out of the drawer and I've been using it for the past few days now. Using it makes me truly certain 4.7" is that "perfect" screen size of not being too big or too small. I wish more Android manufactures would try it.

Bboy AJ

Bboy AJ

does it allow you to use Google/Chrome Sync?
(I suppose not)
It's exactly like Chrome when it comes to features. Just better. We should have done this months ago! Based ana for bringing it to us.

wilflare

How did some of you get a dark theme on Marshmallow?

did anyone figure this? I would love a Dark Theme to use with my AMOLED

It's exactly like Chrome when it comes to features. Just better. We should have done this months ago! Based ana for bringing it to us.

Definitely trying this out when I get my phone set up. hmm the Dark Mode simply inverses all the colours or?

---
By the way, my Note3 said Device Memory Damaged after I tried flashing a PIT file. I flashed to both KitKat and Lollipop firmwares but both did not work (Lollipop said something about Encryption failure)... Does this mean I need to do a Factory Reset?

this_guy

It's called webrefiner in page settings..

Yep see that part on their webpage, but don't actually it in the settings.

The browser is nice and smooth, seems quicker than regular Chrome but that could be placebo. On the Galaxy S6 the stock browser works quick too and benchmarks better so I'm just going to stick with that for the time being.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom