• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT6| Huawei or the iWay [Nobody Reads Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Installed the CAF browser on my Nexus 6, and when I try to sign into my Google account, it will only let me add a new account, not log into my existing one.

What am I missing?

wilflare

Installed the CAF browser on my Nexus 6, and when I try to sign into my Google account, it will only let me add a new account, not log into my existing one.

What am I missing?

I think someone mentioned something about enabling permissions to access contacts or something

Noema

do you guys still root your phones (Nexus 6P)? and install things like TWRP, etc?
I rooted my Note3 (mainly to remove the Samsung bloatware) but seeing less of a reason to root the 6P now (can't do OTA update with root too :/)

I do but only because I use a custom kernel to calibrate the screen of my N6. If I had a 6P with an option for sRGB mode I probably wouldn't root. Or maybe I would. I'm fairly new to android so I still feel the need to tinker just because it tickles my fancy.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Opened some early presents with some family last night. Parents got us the Amazon BT speaker. So far I like for the price it is.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Woke up this morning and I can't unlock my phone. I use next lock screen and it seems like somehow it updated in the night and reset my unlock pattern. I can't bypass it and I can't reset the lock screen from google device manager. Help!

edit: took out the battery and was then able to input the recovery password. So weird!

meow

I've googled this issue back and forth and pretty sure I know the answer, but want to just check here as well: no way to make icons smaller on default Google Now launcher, is there?

Noema

I've googled this issue back and forth and pretty sure I know the answer, but want to just check here as well: no way to make icons smaller on default Google Now launcher, is there?

Nope, unless you changed the default dpi for your device.

wilflare

I do but only because I use a custom kernel to calibrate the screen of my N6. If I had a 6P with an option for sRGB mode I probably wouldn't root. Or maybe I would. I'm fairly new to android so I still feel the need to tinker just because it tickles my fancy.

the Nexus 6P does have an option for sRGB mode, it's under Developer Options :)

RuGalz

do you guys still root your phones (Nexus 6P)? and install things like TWRP, etc?
I rooted my Note3 (mainly to remove the Samsung bloatware) but seeing less of a reason to root the 6P now (can't do OTA update with root too :/)

not any more after I've discovered Adguard as ad-blocker and having marshmallow upgrade.

Is the screen size too big or would you say the size of the phone is too big. Because those are not mutually exclusive.

Here is the iPhone 6S compared to the G2

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/siz...9501,7969,8997

Almost the same size and the G2 has a bigger screen
damn the swag levels of the rose gold iphone always catch me off guard

one of the best things about nova launcher. Use it mang.

DizzyCrow

I've been looking for a launcher or widget that allow me separate my home screen in tabs like this Themer theme:
193j3uwz19ipajpg.jpg

But I want to be able to choose which apps go where, is there any thing like it?

I know that I can use multiple screens but I really liked this setup and don't need to swipe back and forth between the screens all the time

I have a question, the lock screen widget for Pocket Casts looks like this:

RymNxx3.jpg

So I can only pause and skip forward 30 seconds but if I want to rewind 10 seconds, I expand the widget by pulling down slightly and:

dJ0Yabf.jpg

The lock screen pattern prompt comes up over the widget and I can't tap on the rewind button. Is there something I'm overlooking or is the only way to rewind from the lock screen to not have a lock pattern or pin on the phone? This is 5.1 Lollipop, by the way.

kami_sama

I have a question, the lock screen widget for Pocket Casts looks like this:

RymNxx3.jpg

So I can only pause and skip forward 30 seconds but if I want to rewind 10 seconds, I expand the widget by pulling down slightly and:

dJ0Yabf.jpg

The lock screen pattern prompt comes up over the widget and I can't tap on the rewind button. Is there something I'm overlooking or is the only way to rewind from the lock screen to not have a lock pattern or pin on the phone? This is 5.1 Lollipop, by the way.

That's strange. I don't have pocket casts, but in every music app I use pulling down the notification doesn't do that.

I sent them some feedback.

The Google Play Music lock screen controls, for example, have skip back, play/pause, and skip forward accessible and still have enough space to display the artist and track info, so it might just be a developer issue. However, if I try to expand that widget to get the thumbs up/down buttons, the same thing happens with the pattern unlock prompt.

¯_(ツ)_/¯

Thought maybe there was something I was missing.

kami_sama

I sent them some feedback.

The Google Play Music lock screen controls, for example, have skip back, play/pause, and skip forward accessible and still have enough space to display the artist and track info, so it might just be a developer issue. However, if I try to expand that widget to get the thumbs up/down buttons, the same thing happens with the pattern unlock prompt.

¯_(ツ)_/¯

Thought maybe there was something I was missing.

That seems to be a bug in your OS. How do you try to expand the notification? Do you swipe down?

Yeah, swipe down on the widget. Once I enter my unlock pattern, it opens with the widget expanded in the notification shade.

Edit: Ah, okay I figured it out. I have lock screen notifications set to 'hide sensitive info', when I switch it to 'show all info', the widget expands and snaps to the top of the screen.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Not sure if this is the right place, but updated my lenovo yoga tab 2 to lolipop firmware.

But, now my comics won't load in ANY comic reader. App just crashes? Don't want to risk bricking it by downgrading either

Mindwipe

Not sure if this is the right place, but updated my lenovo yoga tab 2 to lolipop firmware.

But, now my comics won't load in ANY comic reader. App just crashes? Don't want to risk bricking it by downgrading either

At they stored on an SD card? Could be storage permission issues, try the settings for apps and ensure they have permission to see external storage.

Jigolo

used android pay yesterday for a bag of funions i hope i get my best buy gift card today. that way of paying is most definitely the future, is was in & out of walgreens in 30 sec

linkboy

I have my Nexus 6 rooted.

Running a custom rom (currently dirty unicorn), twrp and xposed (which works on Marshmallow).

I do for the following reasons:

Cyanogen Theme Engine
Xposed
Greenify (xposed)
YouTube ad block (xposed)
YouTube background playback (xposed)
Titanium Backup
TWRP
Adblocking
Custom Kernel
DPI change (the nexus 6 default is way to high)

Laekon

I got a 5X for Xmas and everything moved over easily from my Nexus 5 but the keyboard style. Under settings both show Google Keyboard US but they are totally different. Both phones are on 6.1. The Nexus 5 keyboard is better looking to me but can't figure out how to get the same on the 5X. Can anyone help?

Groof

I got a 5X for Xmas and everything moved over easily from my Nexus 5 but the keyboard style. Under settings both show Google Keyboard US but they are totally different. Both phones are on 6.1. The Nexus 5 keyboard is better looking to me but can't figure out how to get the same on the 5X. Can anyone help?

merry 5xmas

don't really get what you mean. do you mean the keyboard theme? if so you can change that by going under keyboard settings > appearance & themes

Laekon

merry 5xmas

don't really get what you mean. do you mean the keyboard theme? if so you can change that by going under keyboard settings > appearance & themes
Didn't see there were languages and themes. It seems holo blue is what I like and it was on material light.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Alright, who got some cool Android stuff

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
how is the chromecast compared to screen mirroring?

i'm using screen mirroring with my s6 to my samsung hdtv and espn app looks sometimes choppy on my tv, but smooth on my phone screen. all apps are closed except for espn.

im using a nighthawk router so i can't imagine it being my connection.

meow

Thanks everyone for the replies previously. Using Nova Launcher now.

I also just got the 5x over christmas, and the auto-brightness adjustment seems to really suck. Any favorite screen brightness apps you guys have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom