• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT6| Huawei or the iWay [Nobody Reads Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Bluetooth really is the fucking shit.

After getting a new car with BT and now having some cheap BT earbuds along with a portable speaker idk how I could go back to wired.
Wireless is great. Bluetooth is awful. “Next year it will work great” should be the motto of Bluetooth.

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
Is Marshmellow for the Moto X Play still coming? It's been ages

Mine updated about two weeks ago. Unlocked model in Brazil.

January isn't happening I can tell you that. It'll probably be a bit earlier than usual.

Reuters recently confirmed the dual screen sizes though. 5.2 inches for the regular flat S6 and 5.5 for the curved big one. Not sure why they had to make the small one bigger by .1 inch if they're releasing a bigger one at the same time. They should have made it smaller if anything.

Zapages

Check Swappa.com

Thank you.

I just talked with my Father, he is giving me a 100 dollar limit.
My Father is willing to get the Note 6 when it releases and use something that temporary for now. I was wondering how is this phone for basic use? He has used my old Samsung Galaxy 2 when he went abroad to visit my grandparents. He hated the battery life issues with it.

The motorolla E 2nd Gen, 2015? Is this good?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/motorol...036&siteID=kXQk6.ivFEQ-knYYC_ld1zIwhSifh8ZLmA

Its on sale for 80 dollars. Is that a good deal?

Other option is buy something like this: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00L4DXRS4/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Option 3: Moto G 2nd Gen for 100 dollars:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/motorol...lack/9055007.p?id=1219387046337&skuId=9055007

I have about 100 dollar budget (according to my Father).

How are these guys?

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Exclusive-Galaxy-S7-Leak-Shai-Mizrachi.jpg

S7/S7 Edge specs confirmed:

Galaxy S7 Specs

5.2-inch Quad HD Super AMOLED display
Snapdragon 820 CPU (USA, China) / Exynos 8890 (Europe, Asia)
4GB RAM
32GB / 64GB, expandable storage on Galaxy S7 only.
20MP Sony IMX300 camera with OIS, phase detection auto focus, 1µm pixel size
LTE Cat 12 (600Mbps downlink)

Galaxy S7 Edge Specs

5.5-inch dual-curved Quad HD Super AMOLED display
4GB RAM
32GB / 64GB, no expandable storage.

Both handsets are expected to make an appearance at MWC – which begins on February 22 in Barcelona – with a release expected shortly after. This would be the same as this year’s Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge and it’s likely both should be available in a lot of markets pretty quickly.

http://www.androidauthority.com/galaxy-s7-s7-edge-specs-leak-664545/

*shrug* yay?

this_guy

Galaxy S7 Specs

4GB RAM

Galaxy S7 Edge Specs

4GB RAM

Both handsets are expected to make an appearance at MWC – which begins on February 22 in Barcelona – with a release expected shortly after. This would be the same as this year’s Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge and it’s likely both should be available in a lot of markets pretty quickly.

*shrug* yay?

I have a $200 coupon for samsung.com from using Samsung Pay that expires sometime in March. Hopefully there will be an unlocked version available in time so I can use the coupon.

Jigolo

Galaxy S7 Specs

4GB RAM

Galaxy S7 Edge Specs

4GB RAM

*shrug* yay?
Looks amazing. Just wish top and bottom bez were smaller

January isn't happening I can tell you that. It'll probably be a bit earlier than usual.

Reuters recently confirmed the dual screen sizes though. 5.2 inches for the regular flat S6 and 5.5 for the curved big one. Not sure why they had to make the small one bigger by .1 inch if they're releasing a bigger one at the same time. They should have made it smaller if anything.

Looks like the size is the same. Win/win.

Chris R

Does anyone else have an issue where the X-Ray feature of Amazon Video stopped working after upgrading to Marshmallow? No idea what I did to break it or how to fix it :(

Quixzlizx

Does anyone else have an issue where the X-Ray feature of Amazon Video stopped working after upgrading to Marshmallow? No idea what I did to break it or how to fix it :(

I don't even have Marshmallow and I'm talking completely out of my ass, but a lot of people having these types of problems haven't allowed access to a needed permission.

Chris R

I don't even have Marshmallow and I'm talking completely out of my ass, but a lot of people having these types of problems haven't allowed access to a needed permission.

It looks like it might be a bigger issue on my end somehow, because I can't get X-ray stuff to show up even in my browser (no idea if it should, just trying everything at this point to get it working again)

I'll check permissions though to see if that's the issue.

Wreav

Banned
High end Android is a dying horse gasping its last breaths, and here comes Samsung to prop it up for one more year.

No excuse for a physical home button when they can shift fingerprints to ultrasonic with 820.

Looks like the size is the same. Win/win.
it's not really win/win because if they stayed at the same screen size or went down .1 instead of up the handset would be even smaller which is a good thing when you're trying to differentiate a lineup. Could be worse though!

Anyway so far everything sounds unexciting. S7 seeming like a souped up S6 and samsung's use of force touch will be questionable at best I assume outside of one thing. Those specs are beast though.

LG gonna LG. For me it's the iway or a smaller nexus. Sucks that the nexus 6p is just about the nexus everyone has been waiting for....and it's huge. Maybe next year the smaller one will be a beast as well, if not, the iway for me :( Might upgrade my nexus 9 though.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
4GB of ram is the best thing about it.

Bboy AJ

Oh, great. You guys are back at it. Again. Every year. Like fucking clockwork.

w8F2Rwu.jpg

thenexus6

So I had two offers in my account:

1) Free rental - no expire date
2) 75% off - expires January 5th

I just rented and watched Mission Impossible: RN and obviously used the 75% off offer and paid like £1.12, but now the free rental offer is completely gone from my account. What gives?

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Still haven't met a set of BT earbuds I really like but for speakers, the UE BOOM is amazing.

I go through earbuds like crazy. I've had nice pairs, but unlike my headphones my earbuds take a beating. So I got a cheap bair of BT buds. They work fine for my needs. I'll spend more on headphones that I'll keep. I just put too much wear on earbuds.

ctfg23

Whenever I try to send a text message I get "Can't send message with T-Mobile, error-1". Anyone know how to fix this? I have a Nexus 6 on MetroPCs if that makes a difference.

Edit: Just restarted my phone and it seems to be working now. Hopefully it stays that way.
My N6 just did this again. Is this a known software issue or is it possible my phone is defective? I just got it on Amazon during black Friday and can still return it (until Jan 31). I kind of want to send it back and order the 6P.

The S7 and Edge sound dope. Glad they're bringing back expandable storage; wish the Edge also had it. S7 screen is too small for me so if the Note 6 has an SD card slot, I may end up with it. And not long ago I was saying I'd only go Nexus from here on out. Anyway, I've been sitting on this upgrade for like half a year now. I need something good to use it on.

I played with a Note 5 again today. I forgot how amazing that display is. Gotdamn. And them tiny bezels are so good.

Also, guess the 820 is legit since Samsung is going back to it in some markets. That's good to know.

tzare

Weird that snapdragon S7 is not coming to Europe and instead heading to China.
Still have doubts regarding Qualcomm after that Moto X 2016 leak showing that dissipating pipe for SD820...

We will see how it performs. I also hope IR blaster is back , not only SD. That would give me hopes for Note 6 to be the repalcement for my Note 4.

As for BT headsets, i find it easier to buy something like sony SBH20 and then use any Headset you wish.

So I had two offers in my account:

1) Free rental - no expire date
2) 75% off - expires January 5th

I just rented and watched Mission Impossible: RN and obviously used the 75% off offer and paid like £1.12, but now the free rental offer is completely gone from my account. What gives?

should have used the free rental first as it last 30 days unused

kami_sama

Weird that snapdragon S7 is not coming to Europe and instead heading to China.
Still have doubts regarding Qualcomm after that Moto X 2016 leak showing that dissipating pipe for SD820...

We will see how it performs. I also hope IR blaster is back , not only SD. That would give me hopes for Note 6 to be the repalcement for my Note 4.

As for BT headsets, i find it easier to buy something like sony SBH20 and then use any Headset you wish.

I still don't know why there's different versions for each market.
Also, expect to see more and more heat pipes on phones. Doesn't mean the SoCs will be less optimized. Only that they won't throttle as much, which is always a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom