• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT6| Huawei or the iWay [Nobody Reads Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.

linkboy

http://www.androidpolice.com/2016/0...-sizes-for-a-bit-of-consistency-apk-download/

nexus2cee_2016-01-13-14.00_thumb.gif

Google, are you trying to make me stop using Nova Launcher? Cause that's what you are going to make me do when you keep copying Nova's features.

Just installed it, makes my home screen so much better.

AndyD

aka andydumi
http://www.androidpolice.com/2016/0...-sizes-for-a-bit-of-consistency-apk-download/

nexus2cee_2016-01-13-14.00_thumb.gif

Google, are you trying to make me stop using Nova Launcher? Cause that's what you are going to make me do when you keep copying Nova's features.

But the normalized icons become bigger than the standard ones... So they are either not normalizing their own (stupid) or not normalizing properly like Nova.

Look like LG G5 its going to be my next phone. Removable battery was the clincher.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Alle...mechanism-to-ensure-removable-battery_id77400

The G2 is working wonders, but a G5 may well be my next phone too. It's time as the battery is starting to falter, despite CM13 and doze working very well.

Toki767

If there is so much space on the bottom of the G5 according to that render, why wouldn't they just put the fingerprint reader there?

If they can fix their fucking horrendous UI i'd be all over that.

Basically this. It would be sad if they remove the back power and volume buttons too. Really liked those.

how is UI big deal. Download nova or thousand other luncher for 99 cent and change the hell out of it.

I never get the look complain in android.you have complete freedom unlike iphone. that is the big reason why i got to android side.

Noema

No reason to ever use GNL over something like Nova, IMO, unless you absolutely must have Google Now as one of the home screens. Other than that even the free version of Nova offers many more options and performs better as well.

The GNL icons on my nexus 6 make it look like a phone for the elderly.

tzare

No reason to ever use GNL over something like Nova, IMO, unless you absolutely must have Google Now as one of the home screens. Other than that even the free version of Nova offers many more options and performs better as well.

I wish Nova or Apex could find a way to have google now just like GNL. It is the missing feature that makes me stick to GNL. Maybe i will try Nova again, but is a feature i really use a lot.

Amen. Make your phone your own.

Agree too. That thread about home screens really proves how boring are iphones. It is like almost if android used the app drawer as the main screen

kami_sama

PayPal dispute is the best option.

Having had the G4 for near a month, I'm failing to see what's so awful about their UI.

A little late for that, I bought the phone is October.
Samsung are the ones mass producing the Snapdragon 820 for Qualcomm? Interesting.

Samsung has various divisions that operate independent of each other. The phones are by Samsung Electronics, but the chips are made by Samsung Semiconductors.

Fucking shit suck, my OPT screen just started flickering for no apparent reason. It doesn't do it while booting up or in the bootloader, so I don't know if it's a hardware problem, though (I hope not).

That's why I'm still super wary of buying a phone from them, as tempting as it might be.

e: Hardware issues can happen with all of them, but all I've ever heard of from OnePlus is the shoddy CS and I wouldn't want to deal with that.

Mindwipe

Google Now as a swipe left option is in most launchers now anyway. It'd be nice if Google played ball and enabled launchers to swipe back and forth between that and the other home screens though, it's not like they're gaining much.

wilflare

there is a setting buried in the google plus app

under account settings - contacts - keep contacts up to date

Is that the only way? I would love to do that but would also sync all the Google+ contacts to my phone as well.

For those using Nexus 6P, does the User account (on your phone) display picture follow that of your Google account login?

Google Now as a swipe left option is in most launchers now anyway. It'd be nice if Google played ball and enabled launchers to swipe back and forth between that and the other home screens though, it's not like they're gaining much.

Swipe left? I thought Google Now is the default Homescreen for most launchers.

How many of you actually use Google Now/Google Tap etc - they require so much permissions :/

The Nexus 6P battery is pretty decent. it could last a whole day with Location set to GPS mode

3phemeral

As a new Nexus owner, should I be downloading the Google Experience launcher, or did I just get this update by updating the Google Search app earlier today?

I think Google Now Launcher has been integrated into Google Now. At least, I tried uninstalling Google Now launcher on my Moto X and it took me to the Google Search app where the only option was "Uninstall Updates."

I find google now got more useless over time and now on tap I've yet to have a single instance where I ever thought I wanted to or needed to use it. And I browse the web every night on my nexus 9.

Noema

Google now on Tap is useful for sharing screenshots via whatsapp but other than that I really don't use it all that much.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Google Now has gotten progressively worse. It's the new spam inbox for garbage click bait.

SimleuqiR

I find google now got more useless over time and now on tap I've yet to have a single instance where I ever thought I wanted to or needed to use it. And I browse the web every night on my nexus 9.

The only time I used now on tap is when I ordered something on Home Depot's website to be delivered to a local store. I opened up the email that said my stuff was ready for pick up and it detected the address, gave me map directions to get there. So it is useful, special for things like addresses where you don't want to copy and paste them to Maps.

g0tm1lk

Rinさとり;192161699 said:
Remix OS on a Mac Mini 2012 - 2.3 ghz quad core i7 / 16 gb ram / intel HD 4000

Remix OS 2.0 alpha is running Android 5.1 (6.0 update coming later this year)

http://i.imgur.com/thwIWus.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/RgyMUX1.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/0QS3Fvp.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/SmxQOBJ.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Oqci7bR.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Can you cast to it?

AndyD

aka andydumi
Google Now has gotten progressively worse. It's the new spam inbox for garbage click bait.

The news is really bad. Otherwise I find it's getting better. At least more apps now have cards. Travel, shopping, tickets/events, navigation/traffic/maps work wonders.

this_guy

It really has. I used to like how it would always display the approximate time to drive home where ever I'm at. Now it doesn't do that but just gives me news that I don't necessarily care for.

Quasar

So...with recent sales and such I'm finally upgrading from old 16GB Nexus 4 to a 5X.

Now this only being my second android phone I'm wondering how the transfer process works, especially given I have 2nd factor enabled for Google and Lastpass. Do I need to disable 2nd factor before the switch for instance?

Fatalah

So...with recent sales and such I'm finally upgrading from old 16GB Nexus 4 to a 5X.

Now this only being my second android phone I'm wondering how the transfer process works, especially given I have 2nd factor enabled for Google and Lastpass. Do I need to disable 2nd factor before the switch for instance?

Google suggests generating 10 codes, and keeping them in your wallet for emergencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom