• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT6| Huawei or the iWay [Nobody Reads Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.
SgNWAxg.png

Pyro > GAF > internet. I win. I should start a twitter!!!111

So s7 in the middle of the second week of March. G5 in the first week of April give or take a day.

You're welcome.

(As of now)

Does anyone else here use android auto? I don't know why but mine is buggy. It will randomly just go black screen. The song will continue playing but I won't be able to switch songs. Nothing fixes it other than taking out and putting back in the usb. Shits annyoing. Is it some setting where the s6 is doing something in the background that interferes with it? That's my guess.

Jzero

Just picked up a hauwei watch stainless steel for $175 at target. If anyone is interested, apparently they're on clearance in store.

Can't wait to try it out.

What a damn steal. I'll wait for a third gen device though. My Moto 360 can still hang.

Symphonia

Banned
Give it a shot, it might work better on whatever machine you're testing it on. Just don't have good expectations.
I gave it a go. It looks nice and clean, but runs like shit. The browser is horrible and clunky, there's no way to download apps to the OS, and it's just buggy as hell. Uninstalled and reverted back to W10.

Does anyone else here use android auto? I don't know why but mine is buggy. It will randomly just go black screen. The song will continue playing but I won't be able to switch songs. Nothing fixes it other than taking out and putting back in the usb. Shits annyoing. Is it some setting where the s6 is doing something in the background that interferes with it? That's my guess.

Sounds very much like Android.

But in your car!

No idea why anyone would do that.

Did google broke android support for outlook contacts or something like that?

They used to sync fine, but one day out of the blue all my outlook contacts with a phone number disappeared. I tried both adding account manually, or installing the outlook app and no luck, so I just figured it was something bad on my phone.

But yesterday I finally decided to restore to default, and now it's the same. Only numberless outlook contacts gets synced.

Sounds very much like Android.

But in your car!

No idea why anyone would do that.
pretty much, and I've tested car play a ton of times any time someone with an iphone is in my car and it's flawless :|. Worst part is, because Android Auto is kind of new there's not a lot of people using it yet so I can't find a solution anywhere.

Really annoying.It ain't easy to take out a usb and put it back in when you're driving.

Just upgraded from a Oneplus One to a Nexus 6P. Holy crap it's like another generation forward, the sound, screen quality are ridiculously good! And I don't have to wait 6+ months for Android updates anymore (Android 6 is so much better than Cyanogen 5.1.1).

I hope Google keeps making flagship-quality Nexuses so I can stay in their camp going forward because I'm never buying a non-Google Android phone from now on. They skimp on the Nexus 6Three and I'll buy an iPhone because the OneplusOne and my other phones have really soured me.

Drifters

Speaking the Nexus 6P; I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on ordering mine as my M8 is going to my friend in Kenya. Anything to look out for?
I know, it doesn't run iOS

goober

I posted this in the LG G3 thread. Wondering if you guys can help.
I'm not sure where to post this, but my LGG3 vibrated off my desk and fell onto the floor. The touchscreen still works cause of the haptic feedback I get when I'm unlocking my phone, but the problem is it's a blank screen. All black.

When I initially picked up the phone after it fell, it showed a static image of the Alarm screen. I had to pull out the battery to turn it off.

Any way I can fix this?

If not, I can upgrade soon in February. Should I upgrade then, or wait for the S7 or G5?

Speaking the Nexus 6P; I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on ordering mine as my M8 is going to my friend in Kenya. Anything to look out for?
I know, it doesn't run iOS
other than the fact that it's fucking huge there's really no real downside to the 6P. If size doesn't matter then it's the best android phone.

kami_sama

One silver lining in my rma process, I only have to send the phone to Germany instead of China.

But I'm still afraid of them fucking me over with water damage that hasn't occurred or something like that.

Wow so first the nex9 and now the pixel C. Seems like google just has no fucking clue how to make a tablet. Or they SERIOUSLY need to stop working with nvidia.

With the Pixel C in particular you get a plethora of stability issues and bugs as well. Connectivity issues with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth impact the usability of the keyboard, and the entire software experience is simply unfinished. I can’t use it for very long without encountering touch input issues, freezes, and complete OS crashes. I really don't know how Pixel C shipped with the software in the state that it’s in, and it's just not acceptable.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Zenpad or the Nvidia Shield

Beyond those don't bother. If you are paying more than $300 for an Android tablet your doing it wrong. Just get the Surface or an iPad at that point.

Yeah that's the way I've been leaning for awhile now. It seems like there's not a lot of great budget Android tablets nowadays and if I'm going premium I'm getting an iPad.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I really don't get the decision to ship this device clearly before it was anywhere near ready.

Wow so first the nex9 and now the pixel C. Seems like google just has no fucking clue how to make a tablet. Or they SERIOUSLY need to stop working with nvidia.

Seems less Nvidia and more Google this time.

You could tell even at the press event the Pixel C unveiling was tacked on. Then it just was sort of pushed out with no fan fair.

Android itself has enough tablet issues. Yet Google seemed to just dump this to the market quietly in mid Dec with no fan fare. Should have been red flags just from that. Obviously the thing was half baked.

Not to mention all of the rumors that this wasn't suppose to be a run of the mill Android device anyways. The name points to that as well.

Seems less Nvidia and more Google this time.

You could tell even at the press event the Pixel C unveiling was tacked on. Then it just was sort of pushed out with no fan fair.

Android itself has enough tablet issues. Yet Google seemed to just dump this to the market quietly in mid Dec with no fan fare. Should have been red flags just from that. Obviously the thing was half baked.

Not to mention all of the rumors that this wasn't suppose to be a run of the mill Android device anyways. The name points to that as well.

Everything google does seems without thought these days. They're like the joker of developers. "I just do...things".

Fezan

So I just got notification form Aliexpress that they have a sale on LGG4 but the version they have on sale is H810. Will it work in Saudi Arabia ? there is 100 dollar difference between H810 and H818 which is available here in Saudi Arabia

Saiyan-Rox

Finally a review that doesn't ignore the issues the tablet has like many other reviewers have.

The review is spot on tbh although i've had my N6P disconnect from my Wi-Fi ever since 6.0.1 just randomly and it's really annoying. the touch screen and lag is the main issues I have faced with mine, as for the other points Android is well behind for the Tablet OS and Google must know this but either don't care or are looking into it now more than ever. as per usual we'll see what N brings to the table if anything (Multiwindow is a cert this time round, hopefully) but it's still better than the N9 not saying much I know xD

The tablet was a mess, they failed at getting Chrome OS on it so just threw Android on there but it shouldn't have came out in such a way....I'd seriously love to see companies QA

The main part of that review I noticed was the fact he said Google was aware of the issues and are sending them new tablets with pre-released software on it....So Google know but are saying fuck all to people who actually paid for the damn thing!

That software update had best be quick -_-

Everything google does seems without thought these days. They're like the joker of developers. "I just do...things".

Heh it's so true xD

Sony on the missing fingerprint scanner in the US version of the Z5:

Just as initially reported, Sony confirms that the fingerprint scanner will be missing for both the Xperia Z5 and the Xperia Z5 Compact as sold in the US. Some initial confusion over spec sheets suggested that the Compact’s scanner might survive, but we can now confirm that won’t be the case.

As for that “explanation,” how’s this for an empty narrative: Sony tells us that not giving the US editions of these phones their expected fingerprint scanners “was a business decision.” That’s it.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
nVidia mobile chips are straight TRASH

Looking like iPad Air 3 right now

Yes total trash. Cause cpu and gpu were causing all kinds of performance issues in running apps, playing games, and multitasking.

Oh wait they didn't.

Google half baked this shit. God forbid we blame Google though. Tegra has to be trash always and forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom