• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT6| Huawei or the iWay [Nobody Reads Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right. Sorry, I'm a bit confused. What I meant is, when I chose my SIM for my current (broken) phone I picked AT&T. So in order to use it on a different phone, I need to use the SIM card on an AT&T/ST compatible unlocked phone, right?

Yeah you could choose one of straight talks ATT phones but honestly as long as you get an unlocked gsm phone that has the ATT bands you are good to go.

I am not 100% sure if you can buy ATT locked phones from their store but you may be able to.

The best example is if you buy a phone off of store.google.com or motorola.com. You are 100% getting the best bang for your buck and the phones will work since they are not only unlocked but they also have all the ATT bands.

Alright guys gots to play with the s7 today for a little was in a rush. The phone feels heavier but a nice weight to it. Black is black this time around. It is water resistance without any ports being cover. Battery is 3000mAh. That was all I could pay attention since I was in a hurry. Oh the phone is smaller than the s6 with same screen. Sorry for not giving more details.

Alright guys gots to play with the s7 today for a little was in a rush. The phone feels heavier but a nice weight to it. Black is black this time around. It is water resistance without any ports being cover. Battery is 3000mAh. That was all I could pay attention since I was in a hurry. Oh the phone is smaller than the s6 with same screen. Sorry for not giving more details.

Micro USB right?

Toki767

Smaller but heavier and same screen size with bigger battery? Sounds pretty good to me.

Drifters

2G9kIki.png

http://weibo.com/u/5241757690?is_hot=1#_rnd1455248998653

WTTTTFFF

Guess I have to wait till IFA to get a new phone. Just for the possibility of this slim RGB OLED tech. I need to see this

you want diet-iPhone? no thanks.

Alchemy

It does look appealing with that 652 and the monster 4000mAh.

I've been seeing people talk about 8 hours of screen on time, which is basically double what my Moto X gets. I'm super into that idea despite it not being a huge spec upgrade anywhere else.

zewone

Massa

IPhone doesnt belong on that list:

Galaxy s6/edge/note 5

LG g4/v 10

Lumia 930

That's the top tier, then you can construct a second tier with iPhone, nexus 6p, etc.

That's not how tiers work. Usually the best are in the top, not second tier, so you got the order switched up.

Phones running LG and Samsung's customized Android, or Windows Phone, are never going to be the top of anything.

Noema

That's not how tiers work. Usually the best are in the top, not second tier, so you got the order switched up.

Phones running LG and Samsung's customized Android, or Windows Phone, are never going to be the top of anything.

He's talking about the cameras.

S6/N5 definitely rule the roost in that department.

Went out and picked up an Asus Zenpad S. The Z580ca version with 4gigs of ram, not the gimped 2gig version.

I struggle to justify the use of a tablet because I have a good phone with unlimited data, but this thing is god tier when using Texture. love everything about it.

Gavin Robertson

Neo Member
I was thinking of getting the Kindle Fire Kids edition for my son (2 1/2 years old)

Anyone have experience with it, and is it worth it compared to the other options? It is currently 20% off at Amazon.

Got a pair for my kids at Christmas, 3 and 5 years old respectively. Hardware-wise they aren't great, 1GB of RAM just won't cut it these days, while the software has a few niggles that take getting used to especially when compared to stock. That two year no questions guarantee is a huge plus though, my five year old went through 2 Nexus 7's prior to me going for the Fire. While you might encounter usage problems, your kid will likely never notice, and they are great little media consumption devices with plenty of content freely available through the Free Time feature.

Word of warning, many advise side loading the Play Store to sidestep app availability issues on the Amazon store, but doing so voids the guarantee.

Noema

Went out and picked up an Asus Zenpad S. The Z580ca version with 4gigs of ram, not the gimped 2gig version.

I struggle to justify the use of a tablet because I have a good phone with unlimited data, but this thing is god tier when using Texture. love everything about it.

Nothing beats a tablet for reading comics and magazines IMO.

this_guy

Fanboy-ism doesn't change the quality of the cameras.

iPhone is still one of the best all-around cameras there are. Yes the Samsung high end line is great but iPhone produces close-enough quality while destroying the samsungs in low light.

Orbis

I love my Z3 Compact but for the second time with Sony I have a phone which is falling apart. The SD card/USB port door lost its rubber seal a few months back, no big deal and cheap to replace but this happened to my Z1 also. And sure enough my partner had a full size Z3 which also had the door come loose.

So today I'm on my phone when I notice it's 'creaking' when held to my face in a call. Putting pressure on the phone would cause it to creak. Once the call was over I noticed the screen had actually detached from the phone over a significant portion of the top right of the device, looks like the adhesive just gave up for whatever reason. I've stuck it back down for now.

Looks like I may need to replace it in the coming weeks/months, I'd love a 6P but I'm concerned about the size going from Z3 Compact (4.6") to 6P (5.7"). Also the lack of microSD bothers me. How is the Note 4 in 2016? I know it's also massive but still.

zewone

Damn, the Snapdragon 650 (6-core) is almost similar in performance to the 810s of last year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhi-pS7jZ80

Qualcomm all is forgiven.

The Galaxy A9 is using a Snapdragon 652 which outperformed the Exynos CPU in the Galaxy S6, which already outperformed the SD810.

Best Buy has the unlocked Verizon and AT&T 2014 Moto X for $99 this weekend!

That's a fucking STEAL!

Has anyone had luck finding one in store? All the online locators near me said it would be in stock Wednesday which doesn't help me.

diaspora

Matter of fact, I think the G4 even beats the S6's camera. By a hair.

G4 ranks lower than the Z5, 6P, S6, Note 5 as far as the sensor is concerned at least.

iPhone is still one of the best all-around cameras there are. Yes the Samsung high end line is great but iPhone produces close-enough quality while destroying the samsungs in low light.

But... it doesn't even do that. Samsung's sensors beat's Apple's by a ridiculous degree. Even the note 4.

G4 ranks lower than the Z5, 6P, S6, Note 5 as far as the sensor is concerned at least.

But... it doesn't even do that. Samsung's sensors beat's Apple's by a ridiculous degree. Even the note 4.
are you joking? lol. I'm specifically calling out lowlight. iPhone is one of the best cameras for that in terms of taking in light and keeping natural colours of whatever is in focus. Go look at any low light comparison. Samsung has gotten better but it still lacks in that regard.

We'll see fi the S7 catches up in low light but then I'm sure the iphone 7 will beat it again.

So Gmail on my phone has stopped syncing my email
mine works I think but sometimes I catch it not working. Delete the account and re-add it I guess.

diaspora

are you joking? lol. I'm specifically calling out lowlight. iPhone is one of the best cameras for that in terms of taking in light and keeping natural colours of whatever is in focus. Go look at any low light comparison. Samsung has gotten better but it still lacks in that regard.

We'll see fi the S7 catches up in low light but then I'm sure the iphone 7 will beat it again.

mine works I think but sometimes I catch it not working. Delete the account and re-add it I guess.
The S6 sensor has a demontratably better performance in noise, and yes night shooting. It's also objectively a superior all-round camera as are many flagships.

It's not like it matters when Apple barely qualifies to be in the top 5 for camera performance.

Saiyan-Rox

Yeah I did that a couple of days ago and it started working again until now

Grrrr i've heard about people having this issue....Might move to inbox even though I hate it.

Sid

When do you guys think Google will add multi window support to stock android? hopefully it'll have floating windows like on Samsung phones....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom