• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT6| Huawei or the iWay [Nobody Reads Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The S6 sensor has a demontratably better performance in noise, and yes night shooting. It's also objectively a superior all-round camera as are many flagships.

It's not like it matters when Apple barely qualifies to be in the top 5 for camera performance.
I still remember that blind camera test where iphone won on an android website and everyone had meltdowns

good times good times. The natural colours beat any extreme post processing to sharpen/saturate images to me and apparently lots of others as well. Not to say s6 camera is bad. I own an S6. It's my phone right now. Camera is fantastic. But to act like it's in a different tier is a joke. They all have faults.

Talon

The S6 sensor has a demontratably better performance in noise, and yes night shooting. It's also objectively a superior all-round camera as are many flagships.

It's not like it matters when Apple barely qualifies to be in the top 5 for camera performance.
Keep smokin' that pipe.

this_guy

Keep smokin' that pipe.

I remember going to NYC over a year ago and my LG G3 took noticeably better night shots than 3 of my friends' iphone 6+. Everyone wanted me to send my pics to them.

In the latest iPhone 6s/6s+ reviews the cameras aren't any better than the previous 6/6+ models. The extra megapixels don't make much of a difference, but low light shots were slightly worse because the increased resolution meant smaller pixels (the camera sensor remained the same size while resolution was ok ncreased).

Talon

I remember going to NYC over a year ago and my LG G3 took noticeably better night shots than 3 of my friends' iphone 6+. Everyone wanted me to send my pics to them.

In the latest iPhone 6s/6s+ reviews the cameras aren't any better than the previous 6/6+ models. The extra megapixels don't make much of a difference, but low light shots were slightly worse because the increased resolution meant smaller pixels (the camera sensor remained the same size while resolution was ok ncreased).
If you don't think "barely qualifies in the top 5" is a flat-out idiotic post, I don't know what to tell you.

this_guy

If you don't think "barely qualifies in the top 5" is a flat-out idiotic post, I don't know what to tell you.

I think barely top 5 is fair. Galaxy s6 and Note 5 along with the LG G4 and LG V10 seem to be considered top tier. That's 4 phones already. Now you have the Lumia 950/950XL, the iPhone 6s/6s+, the Nexus devices that are exceptional in low light situations, and the 20+ megapixel phones like the Xperia and Moto X pure edition which are great cameras in natural light but not as good in low light.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
CbIUSlpWcAQsCWG.jpg

no more blue/emerald colors?

LeleSocho

Banned
but low light shots were slightly worse because the increased resolution meant smaller pixels (the camera sensor remained the same size while resolution was ok ncreased).

Pretty sure the bolded is bullshit and the opposite is true, iPhone 6 has a 8mp camera with pixels 1.5microns big while the iPhone 6s is 12mp with pixels big 1.22microns

iPhone 6s/6s+ camera have a bigger sensor than their predecessors, what have they reduced is the pixel size but that is compensated by the higher number of pixels.

this_guy

Pretty sure the bolded is bullshit and the opposite is true, iPhone 6 has a 8mp camera with pixels 1.5microns big while the iPhone 6s is 12mp with pixels big 1.22microns

iPhone 6s/6s+ camera have a bigger sensor than their predecessors, what have they reduced is the pixel size but that is compensated by the higher number of pixels.

I got my info from anandtech, where did you get yours?

http://www.anandtech.com/show/9686/the-apple-iphone-6s-and-iphone-6s-plus-review/9

You should tell anandtech their bullshit doesn't fly with you.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CbIUSlpWcAQsCWG.jpg[/IM]

no more blue/emerald colors?[/QUOTE]
It looks ugly. I don't like it. It curves inward at the top and bottom, which is weird looking. Like this

()

[quote="Manmademan, post: 195115934"]Went out and picked up an Asus Zenpad S. The Z580ca version with 4gigs of ram, not the gimped 2gig version.

I struggle to justify the use of a tablet because I have a good phone with unlimited data, but this thing is god tier when using Texture. love everything about it.[/QUOTE]
Good choice. I have the same tablet. For the price, it can't be beat. Best value, I think. My issues are: Mediocre battery life, weak WiFi reception, screen goes crazy with tearing sometimes, and no updates. But I use tablets mainly for simple things. So I'm ok with it. Battery life is the biggest issue to me. It can't last more than a few hours of use.

LeleSocho

Banned
I got my info from anandtech, where did you get yours?

http://www.anandtech.com/show/9686/the-apple-iphone-6s-and-iphone-6s-plus-review/9

You should tell anandtech their bullshit doesn't fly with you.

Ok let me take a step back and help me figure this out because either i'm one of the dumbest people on earth (which i probably am) or something doesn't add up...

if i put 12 squares that are long 1.22 inches long each on a line (iPhone 6S) and 8 squares that are 1.5 inches long each on another line (iPhone 6)...
Shouldn't the first line be longer than the second? (Therefore occupying more space aka a bigger sensor)

Am i doing some weirdo math that exist and works only in my head? If i'm wrong can you explain this like i'm five?

I still remember that blind camera test where iphone won on an android website and everyone had meltdowns

good times good times. The natural colours beat any extreme post processing to sharpen/saturate images to me and apparently lots of others as well. Not to say s6 camera is bad. I own an S6. It's my phone right now. Camera is fantastic. But to act like it's in a different tier is a joke. They all have faults.

i still remember it wasn't blind because people knew which was which from the start and they even talked about it in the comments.

JustinBB7

I got a warning from AVG that I had a virus, tap to fix just said it's in a samsung app so it can't be removed. Googling around doesn't help me much. Anybody here know?

It's in the DSMLawmo app, which has access to pretty much everything it looks like. 1 site said it's a false positive, another one says it's a virus that collects you personal data. So I'm not really sure if AVG is wrong or not. I installed 360 security (which seems pretty nice so far) but that didn't find it at all.

I got a warning from AVG that I had a virus, tap to fix just said it's in a samsung app so it can't be removed. Googling around doesn't help me much. Anybody here know?

It's in the DSMLawmo app, which has access to pretty much everything it looks like. 1 site said it's a false positive, another one says it's a virus that collects you personal data. So I'm not really sure if AVG is wrong or not. I installed 360 security (which seems pretty nice so far) but that didn't find it at all.
if a system app was modified it should trip KNOX so if that's still showing as fine it sounds like a false positive
DSMLawmo – Dedicated Security Management to remotely lock/reset/etc. the device

Jigolo

Should I get the nexus 6P or wait for the samsung s7?
Will the S7 have a better camera than the 6P?

Yes. and yes I would wait because I don't think you can go wrong with the 820 or 8890. The only thing you'll have to deal with is Touchwiz. Throw another launcher on there to make it a little bit better.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.

Almost certainly yes to your second question, considering the s6 already beats the 6p.

And all those people in this thread arguing on behalf of the iPhone camera are living in the past. I get it tho, it was pretty much automatic that iPhone had a top tier camera, hard to let that talking point go. Heck, some reviewers that only use iPhones were still talking up the 6s camera last year, so you could tell they never used an s6. I mean, iPhone users still have the apps and games advantage, the camera advantage is gone forever unless Apple does something dramatic this year.

Jigolo

Almost certainly yes to your second question, considering the s6 already beats the 6p.

And all those people in this thread arguing on behalf of the iPhone camera are living in the past. I get it tho, it was pretty much automatic that iPhone had a top tier camera, hard to let that talking point go. Heck, some reviewers that only use iPhones were still talking up the 6s camera last year, so you could tell they never used an s6. I mean, iPhone users still have the apps and games advantage, the camera advantage is gone forever unless Apple does something dramatic this year.

Yeah it's strange. When I watch reviews I always hear the term "Android's best camera" but when the iPhone used to have the better camera, reviewers easily said "best camera phone on the market". When I said reviewers are afraid to say that the S6 has the best camera in the world in their reviews in my previous post I wasn't kidding. Strange stuff indeed.

I don't think the iOS ecosystem have an advantage for apps but they do have a slight lead on games. Releasing first on iOS and better performance (due to devs having to develop for very few devices).

I was tempted by the S7, but personally I think the Nexus 6P will continue to be the best Android phone on the market until it's replacement comes out. The camera on the S7 will no doubt be better, but the software experience is no doubt going to continue to be terrible regardless of what work Google did with Samsung. If you're going to be using this phone for a long time you want to know you can get updates for a few years and given the fact that Samsung hasn't even updated the S6 yet and they usually don't update two-year old phones like the S5 would cause me to stay away.

Not to mention the Nexus 6P can be had for quite a bit cheaper.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
I'm curious how the s7 will handle the waterproofing.

same pull tab as the s5? or some water resistant coating on the ports?

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook

S7 will cost a lot more so take that into consideration.

If you plan on vetting the S7 at launch be prepared for a $700 off contract price.

obin_gam

FUCKSHITCRAPCUNTGOD!

My mint green Z3C just fell on the floor and got it's glass broken. I'm lost. Insurance is void as well as I've dropped it before lol.

So what should I do tomorrow - buy a new (glorious mint green) Z3C for about $300, or a (not as glorious but still cool yellow) Z5C for about $500?

EDIT: RIP my mint green lover

FUCKSHITCRAPCUNTGOD!

My mint green Z3C just fell on the floor and got it's glass broken. I'm lost. Insurance is void as well as I've dropped it before lol.

So what should I do tomorrow - buy a new (glorious mint green) Z3C for about $300, or a (not as glorious but still cool yellow) Z5C for about $500?
Personally I can't see the Z5C being worth $200 more, especially since I have read about some heat issues with the 810 in the smaller body.

VoxPop

FUCKSHITCRAPCUNTGOD!

EDIT: RIP my mint green lover

Damn the mint green z3c looks fantastic. Wouldn't mind using that beauty as my daily driver.

this_guy

Ok let me take a step back and help me figure this out because either i'm one of the dumbest people on earth (which i probably am) or something doesn't add up...

if i put 12 squares that are long 1.22 inches long each on a line (iPhone 6S) and 8 squares that are 1.5 inches long each on another line (iPhone 6)...
Shouldn't the first line be longer than the second? (Therefore occupying more space aka a bigger sensor)

Am i doing some weirdo math that exist and works only in my head? If i'm wrong can you explain this like i'm five?

I really have no idea and also one of the dumbest people when it comes to smartphone camera sensors and technology. I just regurgitate what smarter people (in this case anandtech) tell me.

obin_gam

Damn the mint green z3c looks fantastic. Wouldn't mind using that beauty as my daily driver.

it's even more beautiful irl. shiny glass finish.

the shiny glass finish also makes it prone to breaking immediately when hitting hard surfaces :p

zewone

I'm debating picking up a Nexus 6P and selling my OP2.

I'm really missing AMOLED screens. I don't know if it's worth the trouble as the phones are pretty comparable.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook

This is like the dumbest idea of all time.

I get the appeal of cloud storage. We all have Google drive, One drive, Dropbox ect...

Making your phone be almost exclusively cloud driven with current data caps is like the exact opposite way we should be going.

This is especially true when internal storage or sd slots are so cheap.

Not to mention the phone ships with 32 gigs.

Fucking pointless.

The Nextbit Robin will be forgotten in the next month. I see no point in anyone getting it. It doesn't even look good. Looks like a fucking Polly Pocket phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom