• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT6| Huawei or the iWay [Nobody Reads Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jigolo

CbkVwJlUMAEUbIT.jpg:orig

Note/Galaxy/whatever 7 edge has better screen-to-body ratio than the S7

AndyD

aka andydumi

Needs a black chin option, but otherwise it's pretty much in like with every other phone out there. The bottom slot is a lot more elegant than I was afraid and it does not seem to add a lot of wasted chin space.

I just hope the standard battery pack is reasonably large.

Groof

man that thing is gonna be needed to be seen in real life, that image has it looking all sorts of weird

shame they didnt stick to their guns on the back buttons tho

McBryBry

How did I know something bad was gonna happen after I updated?

AT&T on an LG G4. Updated last night to what I'm sure is Marshmallow, and its screwed up. I keep getting notifications saying "App won't run unless you update Google Play Services." Any time I hit these notifications or open up the Play Store, it goes white for about half a second and then I get "Unfortunately Google Play Store has stopped." so I'm stuck in an endless loop.

Here's the notifications:

The apps that claim to not run do run still. Chrome is working, it's just going slow as molasses when loading up a web page. I've tried updating both from the web, uninstalling and reinstalling, force stopping, the works.

Galaxy-S7-Promo-Poster-540x405.png

galaxy-s7-crop-1200x883.jpg

Confirmed specs

also
SamMobile is reporting that a Zauba import database has revealed that rumors about the flagship’s camera were true. What’s more, the module is somewhat bigger than anyone anticipated. The sensor has a pixel size of around 1.4 microns, a step up from the usual 1.12 micron pixel size. This, combined with the fact that the sensor is a massive 1/2.5-inch component, means that the camera will be able to collect a lot more light which, if the software is solid, will correlate to higher-quality images.

The source that confirmed this rumor also let us in on a new detail that we hadn’t been expecting. It looks like both the Galaxy S7 and the Galaxy S7 Edge will be rocking some pretty killer speakers. The earpiece has a strength of 1.2W, which is pretty potent, but the loudspeaker has a head-turning output of 1.5W. On top of that, it’s believed that software will allow the two speakers to sync up, creating a richer, higher-volume sound quality.

Wreav

Banned
Glad they hit 3000mah. Should be the minimum for any 5" phone.

Is this the first we've seen that a pressure sensitive display is confirmed?

How did I know something bad was gonna happen after I updated?

AT&T on an LG G4. Updated last night to what I'm sure is Marshmallow, and its screwed up. I keep getting notifications saying "App won't run unless you update Google Play Services." Any time I hit these notifications or open up the Play Store, it goes white for about half a second and then I get "Unfortunately Google Play Store has stopped." so I'm stuck in an endless loop.

Here's the notifications:
S83LvJT.png

lEvslUe.png

The apps that claim to not run do run still. Chrome is working, it's just going slow as molasses when loading up a web page. I've tried updating both from the web, uninstalling and reinstalling, force stopping, the works.

Factory reset. Always best to do with an updated OS, and you'll get to check out the new backup/restore feature (It's great).

Glad they hit 3000mah. Should be the minimum for any 5" phone.

Is this the first we've seen that a pressure sensitive display is confirmed?

Looks like it. Also interested in seeing this new Touch Wiz skin. Looks very similar in the screenshot posted, but I guess we need to see menus and if Google helped them with memory management and bloat.

I wonder how Samsung will make use of a pressure sensitive display compared to what Apple's done. I can't imagine any app developers will bother updating their apps to make use of it until it because more widely supported on Android.

McBryBry

Factory reset. Always best to do with an updated OS, and you'll get to check out the new backup/restore feature (It's great).

I figured that's what it would come to. So I just use the backup option to put everything into my sd card, reset it, then the restore option?

Jigolo

That dumb paper has been printed many times over and it's just a rumor round up photo that Phonearena made for that article. S7 doesn't have a pressure sensitive display and it's ip68 certified not 67

My wife has had nothing but problems with her G4 since upgrading to 6.0. Dropped wireless/WiFi connections, apps crashing..

Should she do a factory reset? What backup options are there? All of her photos should be on Google Photos and that's probably her main concern.

3phemeral

My wife has had nothing but problems with her G4 since upgrading to 6.0. Dropped wireless/WiFi connections, apps crashing..

Should she do a factory reset? What backup options are there? All of her photos should be on Google Photos and that's probably her main concern.
If it's just photos, go into google photos settings and force a backup. Should be good enough but you can always add dropbox as a secondary backup if you think some files weren't synced over. Google photos is usually great at it, though, if you have the backup set unrestricted. I only run into problems if I say only wifi or wifi/charging parameters.

As for other things, I've heard of other apps, but maybe someone else can help. I'm not familiar with anyone text-saving or call-log saving apps but I'm pretty sure I read a few suggestions in here before.

Anyway, after all that, sounds like a factory rest would help.

Aticos

Since I updated Google app, these black bars appears on the top and bottom of the screen. Does anyone know hot to fix it.
When I switch back to default Xperia home, it goes back to normal (no black bars)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom