• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT6| Huawei or the iWay [Nobody Reads Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ty4on

A Xiaomi Nexus would be the best of both worlds. I'm guessing Google and Xiaomi's relationship is stained when they sell so many phones with their own App store though :/

Priz

Of all the phones I've seen come out of MWC, the Speed 8 from ZOPO seems promising, I just wished it supported Band 12 LTE for T-Mobile (or the rest of their bands)...

(Obviously the LG and others are also good, just quite a bit more $$$.)

AndyD

aka andydumi
A Xiaomi Nexus would be the best of both worlds. I'm guessing Google and Xiaomi's relationship is stained when they sell so many phones with their own App store though :/

Xiaomi would face a torrent of patent lawsuits though in the West. It's one of the main reasons they don't sell officially here.

longdi

Banned
Got to play with an S7 edge and hoooo boy that camera. Simply stunning coming from my iPhone 6s+. Not even comparable.

I always wondered, can one see how good the pictures are from just by looking at them using the phone screen (different phone screens in fact)?

Shouldn't we judge picture quality taken, on our large screen monitor, with software zoom and such?

Wreav

Banned
I always wondered, can one see how good the pictures are from just by looking at them using the phone screen (different phone screens in fact)?

Shouldn't we judge picture quality taken, on our large screen monitor, with software zoom and such?
I was holding my iPhone and my left hand and the Samsung my right hand, taking essentially the same photos and comparing the two. Things like shutter speed in the same lighting conditions were easy to pick apart even without a big monitor. The front camera on the S7 is so much brighter than the iPhone as well.

Zooming in as far as I could, the S7 actually had more aliasing which was a little disheartening, but like you said that's probably a symptom of the same picture being displayed on the higher-resolution screen.

z3phon

Got to play with an S7 edge and hoooo boy that camera. Simply stunning coming from my iPhone 6s+. Not even comparable.
pre-ordered the S7 can't wait to test the camera. Just to make sure the S7 and S7 edge have exactly the same camera right?

Wreav

Banned
pre-ordered the S7 can't wait to test the camera. Just to make sure the S7 and S7 edge have exactly the same camera right?
Best Buy had a ton on display, you might swing by and check it out.

My other thought is that the Edge is still as sharp to hold as the S6 version...and the glare from the curve is as bad as the pics. Not sure what I'm getting myself into.

Toki767

I played with the S7/S7 Edge at Best Buy the other day. The camera is seriously ridiculous in speed. Going back to a 4:3 aspect ratio in pictures is going to be weird though since the 16MP on the S6 allowed for 16:9.

z3phon

Best Buy had a ton on display, you might swing by and check it out.

My other thought is that the Edge is still as sharp to hold as the S6 version...and the glare from the curve is as bad as the pics. Not sure what I'm getting myself into.
Not sure if their on display in Best Buy Canada. I'll take a look again after work.

Wreav

Banned
I was so impressed with the cam in my first look at it, that I'm now almost not wanting to drag my actual camera along on my trip. I bet in about 2 years the mirrorless market is eaten by phones.

Toki767

I was so impressed with the cam in my first look at it, that I'm now almost not wanting to drag my actual camera along on my trip. I bet in about 2 years the mirrorless market is eaten by phones.

My brother used to bring his Sony RX-100 everywhere until he got an S6.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I don't see how slide to unlock is ridiculous. No one did it before Apple. No one even thought of anything like that. It's a super simple concept but those are the hardest to create.

zewone

lJm1XB8.gif

diaspora

I don't see how slide to unlock is ridiculous. No one did it before Apple. No one even thought of anything like that. It's a super simple concept but those are the hardest to create.

That's factually incorrect, and you'd know that if you had read the reason it was turned over.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
That looks like crap. It doesn't even do the bounce.

There's a rule that once you decide to convert to Apple you have to hate Android (converts, not users like wreav, etc who just choose the best device at the time).

Reminds me of back in the day when a lot of the N64 users moved onto the Xbox. Dude you still play Nintendo? That's for kiddies, I only play Halo

zewone

Anyone remember this?

http://www.theverge.com/2012/5/15/3022907/at-t-htc-one-x-blocked-at-us-customs-infringing-apple

After getting punished by having their launch ruined due to having their phones seized. They were lucky enough to be forced into a licensing deal AND had to strip the features from HTC Sense.

Maybe I will buy the M10

Yep. I was so pissed. I was so hyped for the HTC One X.

FIrst HD screen and LTE phone for myself. HUGE 4.7" screen. I loved the design.

longdi

Banned
Handled the s7e and it is much more comfortable now. And it is amazing how much lighter and ergonomic than Z2 while packing a lot more punch. Sony fucks up.

Although the curve display adds nothing besides making photo videos look distorted at their..edges. I wished Samsung had use the thin oled on edge to edge display instead of this curve gimmick

yogloo

Handled the s7e and it is much more comfortable now. And it is amazing how much lighter and ergonomic than Z2 while packing a lot more punch. Sony fucks up.

Although the curve display adds nothing besides making photo videos look distorted at their..edges. I wished Samsung had use the thin oled on edge to edge display instead of this curve gimmick

The curved screen made navigation harder.

Jzero

Dude that is one futuristic motherfucking tag Bboy
I was getting 6+ hours of SoT on my Note II like 3 years ago brah
His tag should be "How would anyone know?"
I'm still getting 3 hours on my 6P even with Facebook removed. I'm still sure my Moto 360 is draining it.

Is it normal for the Nexus 6p to get pretty warm when surfing Chrome over wifi? It isn't hot, but gets pretty warm.

I'm about to get a TPU case, will this increase the heat even more / damage the phone?

EDIT: Brand new phone btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom