• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT6| Huawei or the iWay [Nobody Reads Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.

giga

We can adopt nfc payment as fast as we want, if we have no provider for the payment it's moot. Fucking US only™
Maybe it's time you guys stop making cheap furniture and pop music about dancing queens and start fixing your broken payments system.

Aiii

So not worth it
We can adopt nfc payment as fast as we want, if we have no provider for the payment it's moot. Fucking US only™

Yeah, you snooze you lose. The banks in The Netherlands have introduced wireless payment through their cards now, so Apple, Samsung and Android Pay are pretty much guaranteed to be DOA whenever they do get around to introducing that here.

Nicktendo86

damn lol

for 90% of users, android is good for it can do on tablets.

With a good processor and plenty of ram and good screen, mulitasking while browsing and youtube, watching movies, reading, PS4 remote play, and solid app selection you can't go wrong. The problem with cheap windows tablets are that they are underspec'd, have worse screen quality and generally bad battery life. They also generally heavier and not as slim.

With that said, the surface line is still awesome and a great alternative, but for $300 and lower I don't think there's a windows tablet that the big things that matter like good screen, battery life, and is slim. The Asus Transformer Chi Book or w/e it's called could have been that, but it's still kind of underpowered and they fucked with their keyboard

My 2013 nexus 7 is still running like a champ and is fine for what I need to do on it (even though I had to take it apart to fix the gyro)

Saiyan-Rox

I think I'm going to get that OP2 instead of the N5 during that one hour sale.

Faster chipset, 4GB RAM, and 64GBs are calling me.

Good luck with that....I bet the whole site will crash straight away and only a few orders will be made and they know it

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Google isn't good at international launches.

Can you pay through NFC with their service?

Yes sir.

They've already sent out their new cards (I've got one) and they'll be replacing all of their cards with the new NFC model, and as I understand it will eventually be working for mobiles as well, but for now only their cards use NFC. Not only that, but:

Gemensam satsning unik
– I Sverige har nu bankerna och handeln tagit ett gemensamt initiativ att införa tekniken med kontaktlös betalning. Det finns redan nu en del sporadiska exempel i Europa på kontaktlös betalning. Men den gemensamma satsningen i Sverige är unik, säger Bengt Nilervall, betalningsansvarig på Svensk Handel.

2017 räknar man med att hälften av alla svenska kort kommer att fungera med kontaktlös betalning. Totalt är det cirka 20 miljoner kort som ska bytas ut. 2020 kommer bytet att vara färdigt.

That's all NFC, my man.

http://www.livsmedelshandlarna.se/livsmedelshandlarna/detailview/blog/ica-borjar-med-kontaktlosa-kortbetalningar

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Hey, Siri is better than OK Google

snacknuts

we all knew her
In anticipation of receiving my Moto X Pure, I switched back to my LG G2 last night so I could give my Galaxy S6 to my wife. I tried to pair it with my G Watch R, but I found out that to pair an Android Wear device with a different phone, you have to do a factory reset first. That seems a little silly.

The G2 still feels like a beast, though. Seems faster for most stuff than the S6.

Because no one calls someone by saying "ok." Hey is far more natural.

It's OK Google, because Google Now wasn't created with a personality in mind. It's not supposed to be a helpful person and assistant. You're supposed to give commands to this thing. It has no character and lacks any kind of imagination. It's the heart and soulless future Google, sorry, I mean Alphabet, wants for all of us.

Groof

Yes sir.

They've already sent out their new cards (I've got one) and they'll be replacing all of their cards with the new NFC model, and as I understand it will eventually be working for mobiles as well, but for now only their cards use NFC. Not only that, but:

That's all NFC, my man.

http://www.livsmedelshandlarna.se/livsmedelshandlarna/detailview/blog/ica-borjar-med-kontaktlosa-kortbetalningar

Yo I had no idea. That's pretty cool. Too bad it's ICA though, but at least it's a start. Bring that shit to mobile ASAP.

Hasney

It's OK Google, because Google Now wasn't created with a personality in mind. It's not supposed to be a helpful person and assistant. It has no character and lacks any kind of imagination. It's the heart and soulless future Google, sorry, I mean Alphabet wants for all of us.

That's a good thing to me, I hate having to pretend that technology is a person or has a personality. It's some fucking chips.

I don't even really like talking to it, I only do it when it's the quickest thing to do something.

Didn't end up going to the grocery yesterday, so I stopped by McD's for breakfast this morning and tried out Android Pay in the drive-thru. Worked flawlessly, other than the trainee cashier initially not knowing what the hell I was doing.

Hasney

Didn't end up going to the grocery yesterday, so I stopped by McD's for breakfast this morning and tried out Android Pay in the drive-thru. Worked flawlessly, other than the trainee cashier initially not knowing what the hell I was doing.

"I'm sorry sir, I can't take your phone off your hands as payment"

That's a good thing to me, I hate having to pretend that technology is a person or has a personality. It's some fucking chips.

I don't even really like talking to it, I only do it when it's the quickest thing to do something.

I love Cortana for the same reason you hate her. I can't wait to replace Google Now with Cortana, even if it means ditching the Google launcher.

popeutlal

Wow the new Zendone 2 update almost doubled the battery life, previously I was getting about 2.5 or less screen time. This phone was unplugged yesterday at 5pm. Still going.

HAConsz.jpg

CdWnedw.jpg

j-wood

Am I crazy for kind of wanting to trade the nexus 6 for the new Moto x? I just wonder how fast it will get updates after the droid turbo fiasco :(

Hasney

Am I crazy for kind of wanting to trade the nexus 6 for the new Moto x? I just wonder how fast it will get updates after the droid turbo fiasco :(

I am considering having you sectioned now, yes. The Style is basically the Nexus 6 with an 808 and the Play is slower, screen downgrade and not even ac wireless (according to PC Advisor).

#2skip15

snacknuts

we all knew her

Given that Moto doesn't have to go through carriers to update the Pure, I am not that concerned about timely updates.

j-wood

I am considering having you sectioned now, yes. The Style is basically the Nexus 6 with an 808 and the Play is slower, screen downgrade and not even ac wireless (according to PC Advisor).

#2skip15

Forget that then. I hadn't looked at the specs that much, just the customization options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom